Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Here we go.

Ulster v Hollywoodbets Sharks, Hollywoodbets Kings Park, Round 12, BKT United Rugby Championship, Saturday 23 March, KO 1pm UK/Ireland time

(15-9) Will Addison, Ethan McIlroy, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Mike Lowry, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8) Steven Kitshoff, Tom Stewart, Tom O’Toole, Kieran Treadwell, Iain Henderson (C), Harry Sheridan, David McCann, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: John Andrew, Andrew Warwick, Scott Wilson, Cormac Izuchukwu, Matty Rea, Nathan Doak, Jude Postlethwaite, Sean Reffell.

Like the look of that team, although what is up with Baloucoune I have no idea. Few youngsters in there as well. Murphy seemed to be a fan of Sheridan at U20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

I don't love that idea but i can see why ireland want it. Puts a lot of pressure on Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭launish116

Hopefully Sheridan can't be left to lock down blindside now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Both Sharks and Ulster have been hilariously bad. Missed tackles, poor passes, knock ons the lot. Breakdown tie over everywhere because neither side knows how to protect a ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Shehal

The most Sharks try ever, Ulster knock on, Sharks kick the ball down field, win the chase and score...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭bingobango12

Was that Addison jogging back? Looked like a prop after doing 60 minutes running back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Will Addison having a casual stroll back as the sharks fly past him

Why would he bust a gut, he know's he wont be dropped no matter how badly he plays and it shows.

Whitehouse gives Sharks a try for touching it with his stomach, **** go home Whithouse you big homer!

Ferris, I know you want to say every decision the ref gives for Sharks is okay in an attempt to look neutral but please do get f**cked for you're own self respect's sake....

Ulster score a try! Tbh that is an absolute penalty against Ulster from Sheridan at the ruck but poetic justice after the laughable try the Sharks were given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That hand to the face should have been checked properly

Jesus Christ.

Ulster catch a lineout on their own 5m line, drop the ball in the transfer, but the Sharks knock on on the process of crossing the try line.

Ulster just the second side to lose to Sharks this season.

So poor in every aspect of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭bingobango12

Whoever gets that Ulster head coach job at the end of the season has a massive job on their hands. Looked absolutely clueless today.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭StormForce13

Is Hume auditioning for MMA or is he merely extremely sexually frustrated?

He appears to believe that he won't get paid unless he starts a row (normally over little or nothing) in every bloody game that he plays - drives me mad.😡

Ulster lost to a side who's attacking game plan is kick the ball down field and chase after it 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Kitshoff going back to Stormers.just been told from one of the Stormers coaches.waiting to hear on when tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

I'm guessing this is why I've seen a couple of puff pieces about Tom O'Toole learning loosehead. Are we really so broke that we don't want a world cup winner to see out his contract? There was a rumour that McCloskey had the go-ahead to leave as well before we called it off at the last minute as well. I get that we need to cut costs but surely this is getting to there has to be some sort of plan to build a competitive squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

I think it’s more him homesick,was the same when he had a stint in France

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Maybe Ulster are getting a release fee (plus saving a pile in wages) for Kitshoff so have decided that they can keep McCloskey now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭launish116

losing either isn't great, but our prop depth....

Genuinely why wouldn't any coach want to come to Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

If Kitshoff is leaving, presumably EOS gets renewed. If Kitshoff wants to go back to SA, better to let him go and save on his wages. Wouldn't surprise me if he left before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Ulster are dire! Richie Murphy has an awful lot to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Think I got eye-plague from watching that game. Woejus. If Kitchsoff wants to go, and someone will pay for him for an early release,take it, and get an NIQ 10. Do it now.

There is one positive. 21 year old Scott Wilson quietly and adeptly handled Ox Niche (both off the bench) with zero fuss.

It doesn't change the fact that the game was a dull mistake-fest that made me start reading brochures for Dignitas.

But God almighty, if Oli Jager had performed that way against a man wisely considered to be the most destructive LH prop in the world, we'd be hearing about it for the next decade. Well done Scottie.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rugbyf565

If the rumours about Doak moving to fly half are true he can kiss his career goodbye because that’s a dead end. If I were Andy Farrell I’d be ringing up Ulster rugby and demanding they start Doak at 9 every game and bench Cooney. This just isn’t sustainable anymore, Doak is not a fly half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I like Steven Kitschoff... but what a shìt signing....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Cooney is a far better player...at 9 and 10 than Doak. Why would he be dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rugbyf565

To Develop the youth at a position which Ireland has poor depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Happyhouse22

Brings up an interesting point- if the Irish system has quotas for NIQs should the provinces also have quotas for non international IQ players in their 30s?

If the goal is to provide and develop players for the national team then do aging players who haven’t played for Ireland in years (or never) really aid this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

Jackman talked about this on a podcast. Its tricky because you don't want to go too far down the alley of the provinces just being feeder teams for the national team. Like, you still want to win.

Advertisement