Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Sober Saturday again for me!
    Mouth is watering waiting for the upcoming greasefest from the takeaway....

Just home from a match,too close for comfort, my heart isnt able for it,going to have something now to relax me..😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

On the couch wishing I had planned a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Bed time, a good day planned for tomorrow meeting up with a group of cousins, need to get my 8/9 hours sleep in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Well , enjoy all the food , beers and the long weekend :D

I'm good Mam!
    smurfjed wrote: »
    We all have crap days, don't stress it. But next week make sure that you have something in the fridge :)

Mrs G and little G are away and as I had no responsibilities, I actually forgot to look after myself! Mad.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In the sitting room , for a change !

Two munchkins fast asleep , fingers crossed it stays that way :)
    Veronica Guerin on the tv , RTE1 if anyone's interested .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Just in from out, wet one out there.
    Couchside now relaxing with a pint, Grandeeod,sometimes you need to think about yourself in relation to food and drink:D

In the sitting room , for a change !

Two munchkins fast asleep , fingers crossed it stays that way :)
    Veronica Guerin on the tv , RTE1 if anyone's interested .

Seen it lots of times at this stage. The final scene at the lights was shot twice Mam. In Kildare and on the M50 near Sandyford. I was at both.:D The Kildare footage made the final cut. Great film. But sad story.

Back from pints and Mayo miracle.:D The Dubs to hammer a predictable under strength Tyrone tomorrow.:rolleyes:

votecounts wrote: »
    Just in from out, wet one out there.
    Couchside now relaxing with a pint, Grandeeod,sometimes you need to think about yourself in relation to food and drink:D

You can say that again.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Seen it lots of times at this stage. The final scene at the lights was shot twice Mam. In Kildare and on the M50 near Sandyford. I was at both.:D The Kildare footage made the final cut. Great film. But sad story.

Back from pints and Mayo miracle.:D The Dubs to hammer a predictable under strength Tyrone tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Am the same G , have seen it lots of times , it is such a sad story .
    That's an interesting fact I didn't know about the film !
    And you were at both scenes being shot !
    Really should have said filmed shouldn't I :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

In the jacks with a bad case of the fear.

Am the same G , have seen it lots of times , it is such a sad story .
    That's an interesting fact I didn't know about the film !
    And you were at both scenes being shot !
    Really should have said filmed shouldn't I :o

Shot, filmed, taped, recorded, etc etc. They're all good these days. Really depends on the company.:eek: Shot is the best one Mam as it was a really big movie.

I was at both locations for that end scene. The M50 near Sandyford was half finished with fake traffic lights. The background and surrounding area didn't work. The scene that made the final cut was shot on the Naas- Newbridge road across from Toughers, if you know the area.Fake lights doubling as Newlands Cross too. A sunday morning/afternoon and it was job done.

I've a connection to Veronica's story too. On the day she was murdered, I crawled through the real Newland's Cross as a crime scene, not knowing until later what happened.

Shot, filmed, taped, recorded, etc etc. They're all good these days. Really depends on the company.:eek: Shot is the best one Mam as it was a really big movie.

I was at both locations for that end scene. The M50 near Sandyford was half finished with fake traffic lights. The background and surrounding area didn't work. The scene that made the final cut was shot on the Naas- Newbridge road across from Toughers, if you know the area.Fake lights doubling as Newlands Cross too. A sunday morning/afternoon and it was job done.

I've a connection to Veronica's story too. On the day she was murdered, I crawled through the real Newland's Cross as a crime scene, not knowing until later what happened.

Oh wow !
    Ok , confession time , I always wondered how they had managed to film the Newlands Cross scene , as in , how did they work around the usual traffic :o
    That must be a hard thing for anyone to drive through , knowing something awful has happened , but not knowing exactly what .

Oh wow !
    Ok , confession time , I always wondered how they had managed to film the Newlands Cross scene , as in , how did they work around the usual traffic :o
    That must be a hard thing for anyone to drive through , knowing something awful has happened , but not knowing exactly what .

The scene in the movie was filmed/shot just outside Naas near Newbridge at fake lights on a Sunday morning. No traffic. In fact traffic was added. Never really matched the 1996 Newlands Cross.:D

As for my memories that actual day, crazy stuff. I was 25, sitting in a Hiace van rolling passed a murder scene. Years later, on a film set thinking back to it all.

As for my memories that actual day, crazy stuff. I was 25, sitting in a Hiace van rolling passed a murder scene. Years later, on a film set thinking back to it all.

It's crazy isn't it when you think back on things sometimes ?

Ok , icelands finest doner kebab meat in the oven , am fecking starving . Don't care if it's heading near midnight :p

Is this page glitching on anyone else ?

Cali Girls post has vanished ..

Watching boxing and enjoying the fact there’s kind people in this world.

Keeps the brain greased.

Ooh oooh I'm still here, Mam of 4!!!
    Put it down to a glitch, but honestly likely me - I *could have sworn* I deleted a MMA spoiler post, but lets assume the evil GLITCH :o instead deleted my reminisces and meanderings regarding 1996 and Veronica Guerin's murder by accident. No huge loss to the forum :)

But , randomly, I lived in Oakland at the time - were unfortunately a single shooting, even of a journalist would have barely made the news.

Couchside watching various boxing/MMA fights and planning tomorrow's activities.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Ooh oooh I'm still here, Mam of 4!!!
    Put it down to a glitch, but honestly likely me - I *could have sworn* I deleted a MMA spoiler post, but lets assume the evil GLITCH :o instead deleted my reminisces and meanderings regarding 1996 and Veronica Guerin's murder by accident. No huge loss to the forum :)

But , randomly, I lived in Oakland at the time - were unfortunately a single shooting, even of a journalist would have barely made the news.

Couchside watching various boxing/MMA fights and planning tomorrow's activities.

Ah , I honestly thought I'd drank too much coffee and was losing the plot thinking I'd read that post :D

Bed , trawling Netflix here .

• Advertisement

Ah , I honestly thought I'd drank too much coffee and was losing the plot thinking I'd read that post :D

Bed, trawling Netflix here .

ha ha no, apparently the glitch was me :)
    Back to other now releaseable news: *MMA Spoiler Alert*
    Colby Covington totally outclassed Robbie Lawler.
    We're very sad. :(
    But *Boxing Spoiler Alert*
    Mick Conlan got the win over Diego Ruiz
    :)

Aw and yaay to the above Cali !

Glad you enjoyed watching it !

Here thinking how
    it's funny how people's paths cross each others in life , in one form or another , for whatever reason , tis good :)

In the bed lying back and thinking of Ireland

Here thinking how it's funny how people's paths cross each others in life, in one form or another , for whatever reason , tis good :)

Was thinking along same lines here - something very Sliding Doors/Intersection-ey about not only that tragic Veronica Guerin story, but also life in general.
    Odd how we do tend to find our own over time too... *waves at random AfterHours peeps* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Sipping a whiskey listening to music on YouTube.

Was thinking along same lines here - something very Sliding Doors/Intersection-ey about not only that tragic Veronica Guerin story, but also life in general.
    Odd how we do tend to find our own over time too... *waves at random AfterHours peeps* :)

Geez , sorry if it came across as if I meant the Veronica Guerin murder was funny , I don't :(

I'm explaining things badly sorry folks .

Geez , sorry if it came across as if I meant the Veronica Guerin murder was funny , I don't :(

I'm explaining things badly sorry folks .

Stop, it totally didn't and you didn't!!! We all get funny odd vs funny peculiar.

Stop, you weren't! We all get funny odd vs funny peculiar.

Thank you !
    Sometimes my ramblings are nonsensical tbh :D

Schwanz wrote: »
    In the bed lying back and thinking of Ireland

Could be worse , you could have said England ...

:D

• Advertisement

Could be worse , you could have said England ...

:D

Hope you’re having a good night !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement