Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, whitecity Retail Park (#40)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am at home with nothing to do. I am sure the brain will kick in shortly and put me to good use. But until then...

Greetings from Costa del Cork,a fantastic morning here,hot and sunny...and I've a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Greetings from Costa del Cork,a fantastic morning here,hot and sunny...and I've a day off.

Oh you lucky thing! :D Great day to be off....well, any day is a great day if you're off but today looks to be a scorcher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

smurfjed wrote: »
    Did they ask you to make a diary of your daily activities? No point in the machine registering high BP if you were marching down a beach.

Nope, never got anything like that. But when I went came home yesterday I researched the monitor and yours is the same info I found online.

I asked when I went back this morning, and for some reason they'd assumed I wasn't doing anything yesterday until I told them I'd been very busy running around The Curragh.

Then the batteries died last night, which I replaced but the machine never logged the previous readings so I only got readings from 22:20 last night, which were all very high, the highest was 168/104.

But on the manual cuff I was 135/75 less than 30 minutes later.

So I've to wear the monitor again next Monday and in the meantime I've to manually log my readings.

Pain in the ass because with all the exercise I take I'm stumped as to how to lower the numbers if they're high.

In the meantime I was sent home from the clinic and told to relax, and no coffee :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Nope, never got anything like that. But when I went came home yesterday I researched the monitor and yours is the same info I found online.

I asked when I went back this morning, and for some reason they'd assumed I wasn't doing anything yesterday until I told them I'd been very busy running around The Curragh.

Then the batteries died last night, which I replaced but the machine never logged the previous readings so I only got readings from 22:20 last night, which were all very high, the highest was 168/104.

But on the manual cuff I was 135/75 less than 30 minutes later.

So I've to wear the monitor again next Monday and in the meantime I've to manually log my readings.

Pain in the ass because with all the exercise I take I'm stumped as to how to lower the numbers if they're high.

In the meantime I was sent home from the clinic and told to relax, and no coffee :(
    If we could only swap to even out! I have low bp, and no matter how hydrated I stay, or what I seem to do, it doesn’t really raise. Occasionally when I do get sick and they take my bp, and it’s like say 115/80 they tell me it’s perfect but normal for me would be usually 80/60.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading into town to get fitted for a suit for my brother's wedding next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside, about to do my makeup while listening to the 2 Johnnies Podcast :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading into town to get fitted for a suit for my brother's wedding next month.

Mission accomplished 😀

Mission accomplished 😀

I bet you will look very handsome Sephers :)

I am sitting down mid clean.

Grem I just read your post and I hope you're ok x Its a terrible thing, anxiety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lakeside Lake Bohinj, drinking a beer at a real tourist spot only 2.80 at pint (500ml really)
    Fair hike done today, most of it uphill and lost !
    Worth it though...
    Wish the sun would come out.. !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Wonders who will get Sephy up the aisle first Duvet v Perse :D I mean he has the suit now ;)

Cafeside having lunch :)

In weatherspoons now with my mam and dad , I'm gonna attempt to steal a few chips from them 😀.

Autosport wrote: »
    Wonders who will get Sephy up the aisle first Duvet v Perse :D I mean he has the suit now ;)

Cafeside having lunch :)

I might bring the two of them up it 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I might bring the two of them up it 😁

I thought polygamy was illegal in Ireland......

RMAOK wrote: »
    I thought polygamy was illegal in Ireland......

What goes on behind closed doors stays behind closed doors..ye can club together for that defibrillator lads..sephers you're in for the time of your life lol.

What goes on behind closed doors stays behind closed doors..ye can club together for that defibrillator lads..sephers you're in for the time of your life lol.

*Fans self*

😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

*Fans self*

😀😀

Tis more than a fan you'll need :D

Coffee time !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Up, feeling more human. Tea and Chelsea peretti

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Gardenside - fitting a new fuel tank to my strimmer...the excitement is real folks :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Gardenside - fitting a new fuel tank to my strimmer...the excitement is real folks :D

Are you me?!

I am admiring the wood in the garden after applying kreosote to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gardenside laughing with my amazing friend :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm watching tv just wearing shorts. A fine day to be wearing shorts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m making dinner and watching TV. Absolutely delighted as I put down a deposit on the car I want, pending the result of an inspection on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭snowgal

In the garden, drinking a beer, of a Tuesday! 😳😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting here on my balcony listening to the nightly fireworks display, 10pm every night for a month.

Office duty tomorrow so beer in hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

If we could only swap to even out! I have low bp, and no matter how hydrated I stay, or what I seem to do, it doesn’t really raise. Occasionally when I do get sick and they take my bp, and it’s like say 115/80 they tell me it’s perfect but normal for me would be usually 80/60.

Snap. When I went to the doctors on Friday my bp was 110/80 and apart from when I have been anaphalatic, I have never seen it that high. Then yesterday it was 110/70 and I said to the doctor that I had been a bit worried about Friday's bp and she was saying, it is perfectly normal. I explained not for me! She was laughing when I told her mine is usually around 90/60 or 95/60.

My whole family have low bp and my parents got one of those home measuring devices. We play a game to see who has the lowest at the table sometimes at family gatherings. Yes, we are weird.

I find that if I don't have enough salt in a day I get dizzy so tend to add lots of salt to things.

Finally started to feel well again this afternoon and evening but now pains are back in me belly. Dammit.

Going to work tomorrow no matter what as I have only tomorrow and Thursday left to get everything sorted for working remotely.

On my bed, about to get some zzz. Chat to ya the marra hai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Enjoying the sunshine in the garden, with a large bowl of strawberries from the garden with raspberry ripple ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Outside though its gone cloudy now still 19C
    Tailgate of the car open using the boot as a seat..watching the swallows( or martins?)..chatting to my favourite person....'tis a grand evening :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Outside though its gone cloudy now still 19C
    Tailgate of the car open using the boot as a seat..watching the swallows( or martins?)..chatting to my favourite person....'tis a grand evening :)

Ah , Auto hasn't thanked your post yet , hmmmm , too busy chatting to her favourite person too maybe ;):D

Sitting with the door open , lovely evening :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement