Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorcam thread (linkdumps, non-dash etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

josip wrote: »
    Suburban Nashville according to YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-A3_lR-RQE

It would be interesting to find the street on Street View to see where he would have ended up.

[No location yet, but I have a name :)]

with your wheels locked, you have no traction or steering.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Didn't even pop his balloon!

you'd be left wanting to see where the van ended up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

When you've stolen videos from every other streamer just crop the sides off so they can't see their logo's and re-encode it so it looks like you filmed it on a spud

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Quite a different mix here, not usually a fan of the compilations but this is a good one

https://youtu.be/MZk-0bbWEeI

That's some attempt at a three point turn at around 6:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭trellheim

Seve OB wrote: »
    Quite a different mix here, not usually a fan of the compilations but this is a good one

https://youtu.be/MZk-0bbWEeI

Thats the best cam compilation in ages that three point turn is "chefs kiss" level

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Hope they throw the book at the truck driver

Apart from the legalities of being in the outside lane there was no reason for him to be even in it

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭carfinder

fritzelly wrote: »

Apart from the legalities of being in the outside lane there was no reason for him to be even in it
    Agreed, the garda should be cracking down on elephant racing on all motorways but lane 3 on the M50 should involve the lorry getting impounded - it would cut out that crap overnight!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Personally I never stay in the location the car did, as much as the truck may be the one in the wrong, knowingly leaving myself in a trucks blind spot is a bad place to be. I don't want this to sound like victim blaming, but better roadcraft by the car driver would have prevented this incident.

When your late for the boat and your boss is on about your shiny new scania not paying for itself. Surprised its one of that companies

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Vic_08

liamog wrote: »
    Personally I never stay in the location the car did, as much as the truck may be the one in the wrong, knowingly leaving myself in a trucks blind spot is a bad place to be. I don't want this to sound like victim blaming, but better roadcraft by the car driver would have prevented this incident.

Sitting in a truck's blind spot is beyond stupid, at that point you are relying on the driver having seen you previously and remembering to watch for you to appear in front or behind the cab.

Let's face it, the most likely scenario is that he was in lane 3 because of the same car dawdling or speed-slow-speed-slow in the middle lane.

Every driver of large vehicles has had these muppets speed match them when you try to overtake, just sitting there alongside as you are on the limiter, it only takes one occasion of losing track of the hidden car and you are punting someone off the road at high speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Sitting in a truck's blind spot is beyond stupid, at that point you are relying on the driver having seen you previously and remembering to watch for you to appear in front or behind the cab.

Let's face it, the most likely scenario is that he was in lane 3 because of the same car dawdling or speed-slow-speed-slow in the middle lane.

Every driver of large vehicles has had these muppets speed match them when you try to overtake, just sitting there alongside as you are on the limiter, it only takes one occasion of losing track of the hidden car and you are punting someone off the road at high speed.

Im sorry now but calling the victim of that incident a muppet is pretty pathetic. Every driver needs to show patience and cannot expect to dictate their own speed whenever they want, its a terrible excuse or attempt at justifying the truck drivers actions. The laws are clear and that truck driver had no business being in that lane, and had every reason to expect that car in his blind spot since he was the overtaking and faster moving vehicle.

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Im sorry now but calling the victim of that incident a muppet is pretty pathetic. Every driver needs to show patience and cannot expect to dictate their own speed whenever they want, its a terrible excuse or attempt at justifying the truck drivers actions. The laws are clear and that truck driver had no business being in that lane, and had every reason to expect that car in his blind spot since he was the overtaking and faster moving vehicle.
    Bad driving on both parties, the lorry being in lane 3 was illegal, but the MLM is the architect of the crash by not letting the lorry overtake, he should have been in lane one.

Bad driving on both parties, the lorry being in lane 3 was illegal, but the MLM is the architect of the crash by not letting the lorry overtake, he should have been in lane one.

Hard to see how he could be in Lane One seeing as he was passing another artic at the time.

Completely disagree, the car was in the middle lane with traffic in the inside lane. He didnt pull up the inside of the truck, the truck put the car in his own blindspot through his own actions in overtaking illegally. He would have seen the car before it entered his blindspot.

Its gaslighting to suggest equal blame and calling out the car driver as the architect of the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Seve OB wrote: »
    What a ****ing prick

That clip says its a fatal collision. :mad:

A huge portion of the Stop Cham Polish compilations are of bullying by overtakers. Seems to be a case of "get out of my way or get hit" attitude.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Completely disagree, the car was in the middle lane with traffic in the inside lane. He didnt pull up the inside of the truck, the truck put the car in his own blindspot through his own actions in overtaking illegally. He would have seen the car before it entered his blindspot.

From the video presented, we see the car in the middle lane and a truck in the outside lane. They enter the video at around the 2s mark. 30s later the truck and the car are still in the same positions, the car and the truck are clearly maintaining the same speed.

As a car driver, I minimise the amount of time I spend on the inside of a truck, especially if I'm alongside the cabin. I certainly wouldn't be happy maintaining that position for 30s, I'd either speed up or back off to remove myself from the dangerous situation. Good roadcraft is not about being correct, it's about being aware of the hazards around you, and taking actions to reduce the risk to you and other road users.

GBX wrote: »
    That clip says its a fatal collision. :mad:

A huge portion of the Stop Cham Polish compilations are of bullying by overtakers. Seems to be a case of "get out of my way or get hit" attitude.

I dont think its bullying there, its an east european thing of im in a hurry and theres a clear lane or space ahead.

neris wrote: »
    I dont think its bullying there, its an east european thing of im in a hurry and theres a clear lane or space ahead.
    It is when you claim "ownership" of the opposite lane and forcing the other driver to play chicken.

liamog wrote: »
    Good roadcraft is not about being correct, it's about being aware of the hazards around you, and taking actions to reduce the risk to you and other road users.

Absolutely agree. You would have to question the truck drivers aware of said hazards and ultimate decision to:

1. Enter the overtaking lane
    2. Maintain the same speed as the drivers in the middle line while sitting in the overtaking lane
    3. The complete lack of awareness on his part to understand that the car he was looking to overtake was still beside him.

While the car indeed should have been more aware of the issue, it is quite possible that he was maintaining vigilance of the cars and trucks on the inside lane who had just merged onto the motorway and could well have pulled into his lane.

While he made a minor error in judgement the truck driver is guilty of much more and I would be surprised if he doesnt end up with a disqualification for that incident.

• Advertisement

Absolutely agree. You would have to question the truck drivers aware of said hazards and ultimate decision to:

1. Enter the overtaking lane
    2. Maintain the same speed as the drivers in the middle line while sitting in the overtaking lane
    3. The complete lack of awareness on his part to understand that the car he was looking to overtake was still beside him.

While the car indeed should have been more aware of the issue, it is quite possible that he was maintaining vigilance of the cars and trucks on the inside lane who had just merged onto the motorway and could well have pulled into his lane.

While he made a minor error in judgement the truck driver is guilty of much more and I would be surprised if he doesnt end up with a disqualification for that incident.

Leaving aside the legalities, He would be on his Limiter and slowing to drop back and pull in behind isn't as easy as it sounds. If you've a blind spot with a car in it, there could well be another car behind that one. If a car foolishly sits alongside a truck like that in whatever lane, he's putting himself at risk and he's the one who needed to sort out the road positioning as the trucker possibly wasn't able to (due to that blind spot).

Advertisement