Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorcam thread (linkdumps, non-dash etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Isambard wrote: »
    both drivers will claim they had green, not a thing anyone could do to prove it.

And thats what I was trying to say, it is possible that that can happen. Not common but not unheard of either.
    Just requires the lights to be re-set up when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Seve OB wrote: »

first one makes me wonder was the client told.

In the second one the camcar was over the double lines, the other car waited for the end of them and then overtook without checking mirror , Both poor drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Take out the advertising and the wrong lane at a roundabout and there is about 2 mins of clips worth bothering to look at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Take your time there love.

I feel cheated out of a mangled van

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

That looked almost intentional! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭josip

chewed wrote: »

They should have hit the cnut harder, he was still well able to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

It was, and rightly so too. Only so long society can go on with these guys knowing they just have to jump on a bike and they're away scot free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yep it was. London is rampant with moped gangs. Police have taken on a tactic now to stop them with force. Good enough for the rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

GBX wrote: »
    Yep it was. London is rampant with moped gangs. Police have taken on a tactic now to stop them with force. Good enough for the rats.

100%. I'm a motorcyclist and there's tons of reports on UK motorbike forums of bikes being stolen in London, sometimes even hijacked by these lads on mopeds. It's mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

loads of the those idiots do not know how to read the road ahead.

The one at 3:04 they’d plenty of chance to let them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Half those clips caused by the cammer speeding up to cause the situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Half those clips caused by the cammer speeding up to cause the situation!

I don't watch those UK car cam videos anymore. When I see a new post on this thread I come here hoping to find that it's Aussie, Russian or Polski Drogi stuff., only to find that waste of space.

Anything that needs clickbait stuff like "OMG" of "HUGE CRASH" with loads of shocked emojis can fuck right off.

I think the lack of "spectacular" crashes from the UK sites, is basically showing just how safe the roads there actually are, despite the morons who get their "15 seconds of fame" on a youtube channel.
    The Stop Cham videos tend to show that Polish drivers will not back down, even if their actions will cause a crash, because they're "right!" and will crash to enforce that right.
    It seems to me that about 90% of crashes recorded are caused by one or more drivers simply not paying attention, the remainder usually caused by drivers who disregard the rules and get owned, more so in Russia it appears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Maybe the lockdown is having a big effect on the traffic volumes, so fewer incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Some of the HGV cams are very entertaining though. :D

There's less of the "driving to get a video" thing going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Think Stop Cham is one of the best channels on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

sidcon wrote: »
    Severely drunk! good to see he got put off the road for 20 years.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0215/1197225-cork-dangerous-driving/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭corks finest

I don't watch those UK car cam videos anymore. When I see a new post on this thread I come here hoping to find that it's Aussie, Russian or Polski Drogi stuff., only to find that waste of space.

Anything that needs clickbait stuff like "OMG" of "HUGE CRASH" with loads of shocked emojis can fuck right off.
    Same

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not ready yet as he is still sliding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭josip

Suburban Nashville according to YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-A3_lR-RQE

It would be interesting to find the street on Street View to see where he would have ended up.

[No location yet, but I have a name :)]
    In metro Nashville, freezing rain and snow have kept many locals inside, but some, including Adam Schwegman, had to leave their homes despite the weather. The Franklin dad was headed to pick up his daughter from a sleepover before he became a victim of the black ice that has blanketed most of the area roads this week, according to CNN.

The dad said the Nest video that captured his slide down the hill near his home did not show the thick sheet of ice on the street. He estimated that his Ford pickup slid about 150 yards before it came to a stop.

He feared it would crash, but he said he remained cool as the ice took him for a ride. Once the truck stopped, he was able to drive slowly and carefully to snag his daughter from her friend’s house. When the man returned home with his daughter, he told CNN that he learned his lesson and parked at the bottom of the hill.

Advertisement