Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorcam thread (linkdumps, non-dash etc)

Options

Comments

As a CVPL user, can I add my voice to those saying move it back.

Seems that Motors users want it back.

Well, we don't want it here, as far as I can see!

Make everyone happy. Move it.
    The motors forum mods do not want it back, if I move it it will get locked or deleted.
    So I will leave it here!
    Please remember that it will be for the videos and not for discussions about which driver was the dickhead.

Post videos (or links to) only.

The motors forum mods do not want it back, if I move it it will get locked or deleted.
    So I will leave it here!
    Please remember that it will be for the videos and not for discussions about which driver was the dickhead.

I have requested admins take a further look at this and they have said they will do so when they get a chance to. It’s not as simple as a forum move if it removes the chat aspect of the thread, they’re basically killing it.
    Hopefully the admins will see sense and you won’t have to keep it here.

Can I ask, and I'm not trying to be insulting here, but why do the mods not want it back? Surely if they don't want to moderate the forum, they should just not be mods in the first place?

A Weather Forum mod deciding "you know what, this Snow thread is a lot of hassle" doesn't mean the Snow thread should be kicked into After Hours because the mod doesn't want the hassle of it..?

Would it not make more sense to just add a new Moderator to the forum (either as an addition to the current team, or to replace one of the disinterested ones?)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So I will leave it here!

As pointed out before, this thread had no issues.
    I don’t know what the moderators problems are.

This forum is not for the moderators, it is for us the users.

I can understand problem threads may need attention, so where is the problem on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I dont think its cool, but its all cars soooo....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Seve OB wrote: »

Hear, hear!

As pointed out before, this thread had no issues.
    I don’t know what the moderators problems are.

I can understand problem threads may need attention, so where is the problem on this one?

i just scanned every post in this thread.
    up until biko moved in in post 765, not once did a comment merit a moderators note, warning or sanction, nothing.

indeed, ironically, dolanbaker makes quite a few comments about the videos linked, but now is the one requesting no more chat :(

again, whats the problem?

move it back

i just scanned every post in this thread.
    up until biko moved in in post 765, not once did a comment merit a moderators note, warning or sanction, nothing.

indeed, ironically, dolanbaker makes quite a few comments about the videos linked, but now is the one requesting no more chat :(

again, whats the problem?

move it back

No chat is a thing in this videos forum. One suspects it's a large reason as to why it landed here.

I just can't understand why the motors moderators don't want to moderate (they didn't even have to in this thread). They're not paid, so surely you'd just let someone else do it if you didn't want to any more yourself.

As I have said before, if I move it back, there is a high possibility that it will be either locked or deleted.

As for chat, it used to be in the motors forum, it is now in cool vids & pics & links, not really the best place for long discussions about the videos.

I would be willing to allow some chat if the other mods agree, but no long reams of chat without any videos.

As it is, this part has turned into a chat section.

More videos please!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭carfinder

I would add my voice to the call to move this back to Motors. It appears to be an arbitrary decision by a Motors mod who seems to hold sway in the forum. It would be nice if Boards actually acceded to the wishes of its users instead of the very odd personal preferences of an overzealous Mod. Its like a modern day version of the spoiled rich kid who takes the ball home because he doesn't like how the game is panning out!

• Advertisement

As I have said before, if I move it back, there is a high possibility that it will be either locked or deleted.

As for chat, it used to be in the motors forum, it is now in cool vids & pics & links, not really the best place for long discussions about the videos.

I would be willing to allow some chat if the other mods agree, but no long reams of chat without any videos.

As it is, this part has turned into a chat section.

More videos please!

Fair enough, I get you have to look after the thread as it is here now so I won’t keep posting about the situation on thread any more.

I’d urge any other posters to reply in the thread in Helpdesk (though they seem to have stopped approving posts for view on the thread - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058144804) or start a new one. There seems to be a good number that want it moved back so I’m hoping when the thread wasn’t problematic before they may see sense for us.

Dolanbaker thanks for the offer of maybe allowing some comments if it remains here too, and for not instantly deleting the few comments posters have had up to now. Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

carfinder wrote: »
    I would add my voice to the call to move this back to Motors. It appears to be an arbitrary decision by a Motors mod who seems to hold sway in the forum. It would be nice if Boards actually acceded to the wishes of its users instead of the very odd personal preferences of an overzealous Mod. Its like a modern day version of the spoiled rich kid who takes the ball home because he doesn't like how the game is panning out!

Well, you would have to add your voice here as it would seem that adding it to the Help Desk thread has been blocked for some reason.

I tried to post there, but the post never appeared. I saw a message that the post is being moderated. Only a mod post appeared after I posted.

Just keep in mind that this forum is not for us users. It's a commercial venture, and we're the product that's being sold. I'm spending less and less time here as I don't like the direction it's taking. What is happening to Boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭trellheim

ah lads the chat about these vids was one of the things that keep me on boards why can't we have a single cams thread in the motors forum or set up a subforum in motors

trellheim wrote: »
    ah lads the chat about these vids was one of the things that keep me on boards why can't we have a single cams thread in the motors forum or set up a subforum in motors
    A subforum in motors for dash cam discussions sounds like a good idea, why don't you ask the admins to create one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭trellheim

A subforum in motors for dash cam discussions sounds like a good idea, why don't you ask the admins to create one.

How do you do such a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

say it 3 times into a mirror

trellheim wrote: »
    How do you do such a thing
    Motoring mods can request it, anyway, this whole issue of where this thread is located is being looked at by the admins.
    Expect their findings in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Ideally, it needs to find a home where comments are allowed. From that perspective, even after hours would be better than here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

say it 3 times into a mirror

And click your heels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

https://vimeo.com/456487118

Cyclist helmet probably saved him from head injury

https://www.dumpert.nl/item/8042943_61fa7388
    Takes his bad driving out on cardoor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Spook_ie wrote: »
    https://vimeo.com/456487118

Cyclist helmet probably saved him from head injury

Shame about the bottom half of his severed body

https://www.dumpert.nl/item/8041417_8606f593
    Oops, nut forgot to tighten wheelnuts

fritzelly wrote: »
    Shame about the bottom half of his severed body

Thats what happens when you tiewrap feet to pedals

• Registered Users Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

fritzelly wrote: »

M2 northbound - Dublin/Meath border at 1:20.
    Same thing has happened to me at that spot a few times.

M2 northbound - Dublin/Meath border at 1:20.
    Same thing has happened to me at that spot a few times.
    Those lay-bys really need acceleration lanes, terrible design!

Now this thread is back "home" here's a few Poles slippin-n-slidin in the snow.

• Advertisement

Advertisement