Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Person stops at stop sign but doesn't bother looking to their right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

TWO in navan tonight less than 5 mins apart, excuse royalty free music to drown out the radio for copyright strike....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

jimmynokia wrote: »
    TWO in navan tonight less than 5 mins apart, excuse royalty free music to drown out the radio for copyright strike....

You're doing 120 indicated speed on the motorway which probably is 112 -115 in real terms which is okay - RR obviously speeding overtaking you - why feel compelled to start flashing at it in some outrage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Been a crack down here on vehicles not giving way to pedestrians on zebra crossings. The system is really messed up as both drivers and pedestrians have a green light at the majority of crossings which is extremely dangerous.

The guy on the right in front of the police bike at the start of the clip actually has right of way, although he chooses not to use it, as the crossing in front of me has no lights at all, not even a flashing orange to let you know there is no red for him.

The cop is hiding out for a bust on the pedestrian crossing as they've obviously been given a quota for crackdown and ignores the more dangerous scooter driving the wrong way down the street...Sound in the video would be better as it includes the siren when making the bust but it would also include my 4 year olds diatribe and no one needs that!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Haven't been driving much since the lockdown, here's a few clips, nothing major..

1:45 at Scotch Hall there same **** nearly every time I pass it theres a clown on the inside looking to get out.

The one of the cyclist being left hooked at Tesco reminds me to have a look on card to see if I still have the one where I turned in there and had someone driving against me ( It's entry only there ) a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

1:45 at Scotch Hall there same **** nearly every time I pass it theres a clown on the inside looking to get out.

The one of the cyclist being left hooked at Tesco reminds me to have a look on card to see if I still have the one where I turned in there and had someone driving against me ( It's entry only there ) a few weeks ago.

On Scotch Hall....Not 10 mins ago had a pr1ck in a Golf fly up the left lane and squeeze into the right hand lane before the lights.

The left lane needs to made left turn only......to cut all that sh1t out.

The left hook on the cyclist at Tesco is pathetic. Had this happen to me at DCU a few months ago @ about 6.30am I went nuts at the driver and she just couldnt get what my problem was. Have had the happen plenty of other times to

In both these cases as well as the white van driver and the car turning right onto the Dublin Road......there is a complete inability of forward thinking or inability to read the road or absolutely no patience or they just don't care.

Any software for bulk removing sound from videos? I have heaps of them from before the start of lockdown until now but there's too many to do them individually, and VLC doesn't do it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Any software for bulk removing sound from videos? I have heaps of them from before the start of lockdown until now but there's too many to do them individually, and VLC doesn't do it properly.

Try Handbrake (https://handbrake.fr/). Not sure if it does batch audio removals.

I use movavi video editor, paid $15 for it about 5 years ago. It's basic but does a decent enough job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

what was the deal with the d1ckhead in the van ?

what was the deal with the d1ckhead in the van ?

Haha, yeah there was a lot of shouting. I think he was intoxicated, he said the reason he was on the wrong side of the road was because he was trying to avoid the parked van. There was no parked van!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sidcon

When you driving so fast you just about stop at a roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 17,263 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

sidcon wrote: »
    When you driving so fast you just about stop at a roundabout

Include the video tag only

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AIRMiNet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

If I'd accelerated to purposely block someone overtaking I wouldn't upload the vid to the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

You'd want to check your road rage. You were flashing at a RR for overtaking on an empty motorway (far enough, he was speeding but had nought to do with you) and you tried to close a gap for someone overtaking (again, they're doing some stupid but you made that situation way more dangerous for both of ye).

Better off to leave those types of people past you and not have to deal with them rather than looking for videos to post online.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Better off to leave those types of people past you and not have to deal with them rather than looking for videos to post online.

If someone is going to drive like an idiot, I'd always prefer to have them zoom off in front of me instead of being glued to the back of my car.

You'd want to check your road rage. You were flashing at a RR for overtaking on an empty motorway (far enough, he was speeding but had nought to do with you) and you tried to close a gap for someone overtaking (again, they're doing some stupid but you made that situation way more dangerous for both of ye).

First it is not a motorway, second he went over a white line, third he is a danger to people,it has everything to do with me if he cuts me off,4th he is breaking the speed limit,flashing him is not a road offence, so wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

First it is not a motorway, second he went over a white line, third he is a danger to people,it has everything to do with me if he cuts me off,4th he is breaking the speed limit,flashing him is not a road offence, so wake up.

The honda initiated the overtake on broken white lines and would have completed it within them if you hadn't accelerated to close the gap with the car in front (which is an offense). The cut-off would have been avoided if you didnt close the gap.

Basically what you did in responding to the other driver made the situation twice as dangerous as it had to be.

The flashing of the range rover for passing you on the motorway is further evidence of your attitude, he was exceeding the limit but the road was quiet, dry conditions and didnt pose you any danger whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

liamog wrote: »
    If someone is going to drive like an idiot, I'd always prefer to have them zoom off in front of me instead of being glued to the back of my car.

100% this, if someone wants to get passed me ill pull in on a hard shoulder or sometimes pull over if there are a few cars behind. I'm always delighted to have them off into the sunset than glued to my bumper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Did you put your blues on? Or is that part of your job? One speeder and one dangerous driver in that vid, you know which is which.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

It does seem in this country quite a lot of people take offence to being overtaken

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

McCrack wrote: »
    It does seem in this country quite a lot of people take offence to being overtaken

Yes and the hilarious thing that's happening a lot is your going well yourself, they pass, slow down then pull into left lane and speed up again, I'm constantly having to change the cruise or take it off completely....

Ugh dicks on the road.

So by the looks of the last post this is ok to do too is it....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

So by the looks of the last post this is ok to do too is it....

No. Whoever is driving the white car is a moron.

However, it still looks like you closed the gap to the car in front & backed off when the white car was past you. Maybe I’m wrong but it looks to be something you do while driving.
    Not being critical, drive whatever way you want to but if this is a consistency in the way you drive it might be something you could change. Stay safe.

Advertisement