Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

I saw him wave me on but at the point the Audi crossed over he could not be seen but the Corolla was very visible.
    It's very clear cut, 100% Audi driver at fault both from a logical and legal point of view.

The Audi blindly followed traffic, the instant he started to cross the central divide he was at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Not disagreeing about the Audi at all :)

It would have been much safer if the man had not directed traffic at all. A single person can't direct traffic on a 100 km/h road without measures to slow traffic in advance.
    I think what happened to you must have been different as the Audi had committed to crossing over before he could see signals from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

It would have been much safer if the man had not directed traffic at all. A single person can't direct traffic on a 100 km/h road without measures to slow traffic in advance.

For sure. And also - I think in the event of an accident (in this case the Audi and the oncoming driver) - the Audi would be fully responsible - The one directing traffic was of no authority and not even much use.

kenmm wrote: »
    For sure. And also - I think in the event of an accident (in this case the Audi and the oncoming driver) - the Audi would be fully responsible - The one directing traffic was of no authority and not even much use.

Yes it's clear cut from a legal point of view.

I also think it is from a logical point of view but of course not everyone would agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Yes it's clear cut from a legal point of view.

I also think it is from a logical point of view but of course not everyone would agree.

You mean - people have eyes and they should be used?

Will never catch on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Yep, the guy directing traffic was causing the biggest issue.

I was coming from the direction of the Corolla and couldn't see him at the front at all. He had his back to me and must have beckoned traffic on from behind. As I approached traffic was stopped but all of a sudden they started pulling out. Luckily I'd passed him several times before and had already slowed down in anticipation of something unpredictable happening.

I used to work a lot with machinery like that on the road and I've been in similar situations. There are actually people out there who will ignore all directions and every other road users just so they don't have to slow down. Not being visible however was really not helping, as you say there should have been a second person there to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭josip

The person directing traffic should have been on the traffic side of the combine and only control the traffic from that side, the blocked side of the road.
    Allow the traffic on the other side to move freely since their side is not obstructed.
    And stick a warning triangle 200m further back up the road if they haven't done that already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

For sure the Audi is at fault but that being said, I know if I was driving the Corolla, I would have eased off the go pedal when coming up to a situation where there is a combine on the opposite side of the road and a tractor ahead pulled in on my own side (yes, off the road but still). Hazard awareness rather than keeping the foot down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭kirving

IMO the guy directing, although doing the right thing morally, could be leaving himself open to legal action should there be a crash. He has no authority or training in directing traffic. Also the reason why you should never, ever follow beckoning from anyone.

That said, I would beckon someone on myself say turning across me in traffic, but only if I've checked my left mirror for cyclists for example.

See below from today. If I had stayed static, I would have been blocking traffic trying to turn left, so I moved to the best place I could. Couldn't mount the kerb due to low profile wheels.

The bike had trapped the bikers foot, but he seemed to have good boots on and was okay. More annoyed about damaging a fairing than anything.

Helped lift it off him with the cyclist I think it was, but once we had the bike up off him I realised the driver behind me was too close to even get around me (and didn't try to reverse) and so was blocking all traffic so I didn't hang about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,264 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That's a lot of words for someone on a stationary bike falling over

As for parking on double yellow lines and a yellow box...

fritzelly wrote: »
    That's a lot of words for someone on a stationary bike falling over

Are you the type that would ticket an ambulance for parking on yellow lines when going to a shout!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭kirving

That's a lot of words for someone on a stationary bike falling over.

The reason for my long explanation quote below. :D

I know you're joking, but you really do need to explain to that level if you dare to post a video on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Am I the only one who doesn't see the Audi as 100% in the wrong. Fair enough they were wrong and followed blindly.

Just because the corolla is on their own side of the road doesn't absolve them of all responsibility. The Audi was in a line of traffic so its not like they caught the corolla by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Stoolbend wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't see the Audi as 100% in the wrong.

I certainly hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I certainly hope so

So you think the corolla was right to drive at a car on that was on the wrong side of the road beeping his horn at him?

Instead of just slowing down, letting everyone pass and get home safe at the end of the day!

I'm not defending the Audi BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Stoolbend wrote: »
    So you think the corolla was right to drive at a car on that was on the wrong side of the road beeping his horn at him?

Instead of just slowing down, letting everyone pass and get home safe at the end of the day!

I'm not defending the Audi BTW.

I didn't say anything, I think you've said more than enough

The Audi had no right to be at that side of the road with oncoming traffic, it's very straight forward.
    There are other factors at play but the Audi was the only person 100% wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

The Audi had no right to be at that side of the road with oncoming traffic, it's very straight forward.
    There are other factors at play but the Audi was the only person 100% wrong.

zyzzyva

Time for another video, some old favourites here.

Time for another video, some old favourites here.

The first one tho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭josip

The first one tho :pac:

The first one or the first non-fake one?

josip wrote: »

Seriously? I'll pretend your comment doesn't exist then it's funnier

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do you think it's real?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

josip wrote: »

Thought that myself. She leaned into the car. Don't think the car hit her.

If you were the driver, would you put that online...confronting a girl half your size, pushing her and then being whipped by her.

Don't think so.......pure fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement

Bad acting is my jazz, so I don't see the problem with his comment.

Advertisement