Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    No. Whoever is driving the white car is a moron.

However, it still looks like you closed the gap to the car in front & backed off when the white car was past you. Maybe I’m wrong but it looks to be something you do while driving.
    Not being critical, drive whatever way you want to but if this is a consistency in the way you drive it might be something you could change. Stay safe.

Nope was coming behind the car in front then noticed this clown in the mirror and he had no intentions of going in front of any of us..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

jimmynokia wrote: »
    So by the looks of the last post this is ok to do too is it....

Why would this be in any way ok to do? Its clearly poor and dangerous driving by the audi in that clip.

None of this changes the fact that you are driving with a chip on your shoulder and as per the previous poster maybe you should consider how you are approaching certain situations on the road...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Not to jump on the poster - but the other thing about policing others or giving out etc is you are more likely to aggravate them and cause further road rage further down the line (either in retaliation or for someone else at a later point in their journey).

Clowns gonna clown. Better let them get on with it and relax a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

cpoh1 wrote: »
    100% this, if someone wants to get passed me ill pull in on a hard shoulder or sometimes pull over if there are a few cars behind. I'm always delighted to have them off into the sunset than glued to my bumper

Same unless the prick is flashing and beeping etc then I maintain my speed and blow a kiss at them after they psss me

Same unless the prick is flashing and beeping etc then I maintain my speed and blow a kiss at them after they psss me

but why even bother? Guy is a prick - let him get on with his prick life (I mean - I wouldn't do any favours necessarily, but why antagonise them - they are just gonna go be an ever bigger prick with the next poor fu(ker)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Loopers out there, best leave them off, I've been followed, threatened, blocked in etc driving a bus is no fun...

Guy got out of a ace recovery truck on M50 before with a spanner to fight and I honestly don't get what the issue was, I was sitting at a red at cherry wood, he chased down the road and pushed into where the works are now, had to reverse back up the way I came to get away, then go froward obviously.

Loopers out there, best leave them off, I've been followed, threatened, blocked in etc driving a bus is no fun...

Guy got out of a ace recovery truck on M50 before with a spanner to fight and I honestly don't get what the issue was, I was sitting at a red at cherry wood, he chased down the road and pushed into where the works are now, had to reverse back up the way I came to get away, then go froward obviously.

I once heard (20+ years??) of a bus driver on the receiving end of some road rage. He just casually pulled up tightly alongside the offender and gave the wheel full lock into the side panel of the car/van whatever it was.

I have no idea if there was truth in it, local urban legend, or even if it's possible, but it sounded amusing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭kirving

The lack of lead up in the video doesn't give a clear picture, but the Audi obviously has no intention of pulling after overtaking just one car. They have fully committed and I doubt they could pull in in front of the OP without causing a collision.

I'm not advocating dangerous driving by any means, but I do take serious issue with careless drivers compromising my own safety and I let them know about it, for my own or others sake.

kenmm wrote: »
    I once heard (20+ years??) of a bus driver on the receiving end of some road rage. He just casually pulled up tightly alongside the offender and gave the wheel full lock into the side panel of the car/van whatever it was.

I have no idea if there was truth in it, local urban legend, or even if it's possible, but it sounded amusing :pac:

Well interesting you say that I had a transit tipper van do that to me in Blackrock, he actually pulled me through the lights, destroyed the side of the car too.
    In the bus a guy driving a Audi A5 tried what you said and then pulled in front and planted on the brakes, it became an A3 and not only hit once but twice and it rode up the front into the windscreen....

Oh a woman in town done the full lock into the side and she drove into the rear wheel, bus took the whole front off hers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Well interesting you say that I had a transit tipper van do that to me in Blackrock, he actually pulled me through the lights, destroyed the side of the car too.
    In the bus a guy driving a Audi A5 tried what you said and then pulled in front and planted on the brakes, it became an A3 and not only hit once but twice and it rode up the front into the windscreen....

Oh a woman in town done the full lock into the side and she drove into the rear wheel, bus took the whole front off hers...

Do bus Eireann or Dublin bus release video footage from the buses like the luas does from time to time?

• Advertisement

high horse wrote: »
    Do bus Eireann or Dublin bus release video footage from the buses like the luas does from time to time?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

The lack of lead up in the video doesn't give a clear picture...

Convenient that.

A couple of clips from the past few days showing some careless driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

M50 this evening. Someone was in a hurry @ 0:14. Note use of hard shoulder for double undertake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,264 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Shoulda put the prequel before the sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

fritzelly wrote: »
    Shoulda put the prequel before the sequel

Don't understand why he cut you up if he's that happy to use the hard shoulder he should have just kept going rather than put the squeeze on you, himself and the other car.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

zubair wrote: »
    Don't understand why he cut you up if he's that happy to use the hard shoulder he should have just kept going rather than put the squeeze on you, himself and the other car.

I'd say he used to bull's-eye womp rats in his T-16 back home.

zubair wrote: »

Guys playing GTA in his mind..

You are trying to assign logical thinking to a moron. That's not gonna work.

Is Skoda the new Audi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

SuperS54 wrote: »

I know a guy whose mother in law lost a leg because of something very similar to that. Car rolled, she panicked and tried to hit brake, missed, hit accelerator and was launched into pillar. Door did the damage. That woman is very lucky in that video that she didn’t get crushed by her own car. Not 100% sure why it an auto would roll back like that.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Damien360 wrote: »
    I know a guy whose mother in law lost a leg because of something very similar to that. Car rolled, she panicked and tried to hit brake, missed, hit accelerator and was launched into pillar. Door did the damage. That woman is very lucky in that video that she didn’t get crushed by her own car. Not 100% sure why it an auto would roll back like that.
    It was still in reverse when she opened the door and got out!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I think it was still in reverse, you can see the rear light come on & I’m not sure it turned off before she jumped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

It rolled backwards because she had put the car in reverse to back it off of the car next to her but didn't put it in park when she got out of the car. You can see the reversing lights are on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

bad luck, but these people are out there - jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Nothing too major but a questionable overtake over double continuous white lines nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

bad luck, but these people are out there - jesus

She must have got her licence in a lucky bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Pretty minor but enough to drive you demented

The one breaking the red at the very end too. Way late.

• Advertisement

maclek wrote: »
    Pretty minor but enough to drive you demented

This is the new norm across Dublin, it's an absolute pain..... If you don't take off like a F1 you miss the lights, obviously they weren't watching at all probably on the phone....

Seen a guy driving a leaf yesterday with his phone stick to the windscreen right in front of his face, how he could see the road is beyond me.

Advertisement