Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

A fairly boring compilation of bits from the last few months.
    Featuring red light breakers, a d1ckhead in a Passat ,and other random boring stuff.
    Reminds me, Must order a takeaway tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Should these cyclists have joined the cycle lane? Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,262 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

boardz wrote: »

But then they wouldn't be blocking the road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Looks like they did after the excuse of a shared footpath but if you're asking are they required to then the answer is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭sundodger5

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Looks like they did after the excuse of a shared footpath but if you're asking are they required to then the answer is no.

And that is the problem. If a cycle lane exists it should be compulsory to use it.

• Advertisement

sundodger5 wrote: »
    And that is the problem. If a cycle lane exists it should be compulsory to use it.

No, not specifically you but your mentality is the problem. Are you calling that 100m of shared footpath a cycle lane? What was this driver held up for maybe 30s if even

I'm both a driver and cyclist and I always find it amazing how some drivers pontificate from their angelic soap boxes. Do I find these large groups irritating myself? at times yes I do but they've every right to be there as much as it might irritate me. I completely understand why they wouldn't use those excuses for cycle lanes, with their adhoc nature they either dead end or fire you back out onto the main road anyway.

I'm sure all cyclists would only be delighted if they had a specific and functional cycle system away from cars but alas there isn't one.

I'll leave this now as these things usually only go one direction and it becomes a slagging match by those that can't hold a reasonable conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Ye the analogy here would be a dual carriageway where the driving lane is so full of potholes you would need to drive at around 20kmph, Vs the overtaking lane that had no holes. You must keep left, right? But would you? Not a chance.

In this case tho, it looked also inconvenient because there was a group.

But no harm done really is what I say in these cases.

This should probably go in its own thread, because anything cycling related tends to run on and on and on..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Well, they could start by going single file at least.
    Shared cycle\foot path is an invention by an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Good to see the cycle lane and path on the opposite side being put to good use :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Unfortunately that's not the case.

Cycling alone I'd use the cycle lane........cycling in a group that 35km per hour.....no way I'd be on the cycle lane.

As for a single file.......takes longer to pass 8 cyclists cycling single file than 8 cyclists cycling 2 abreast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

inforfun wrote: »

Single file would make it more difficult to overtake, that should be fairly obvious. I've had groups single up on some country roads when I'd preferred if they stayed grouped as it lengthens the time it would take to get by, and if the road is winding you'll have less over taking opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

inforfun wrote: »

It is safer for both the motorist and cyclists to stay in a group rather than single file

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It is safer for both the motorist and cyclists to stay in a group rather than single file

It is definitely safer for both cyclists and the motorist to stay apart, starting from this thread.

See you in a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The commentary from about 8 mins onward is hilarious, Geordie man definitely gives Aussie man a run for his money.

Nothing too hectic...

What happened?

fritzelly wrote: »
    What happened?
    I meant to say don't blink while viewing

I meant to say don't blink while viewing

I think you'll need to give us more of a clue?

fritzelly wrote: »
    What happened?

Presumably the gob****e in the citroen cutting across oncoming traffic.

• Advertisement

I thought it might be, but played it back, wasn't sure and started looking for random stuff in the background!

kenmm wrote: »
    I thought it might be, but played it back, wasn't sure and started looking for random stuff in the background!

Yeah not sure what the Audi tag is there for?

Yeah not sure what the Audi tag is there for?

Yes, exactly!

Oops twas indeed a citroen not an audi..my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Watch the car on the left not sure what to make of this one ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭kirving

This guy breaks the red light nearly knocks down the two girls who had a green, and then rolls backward riding the clutch and nearly hits them again.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Watch the car on the left not sure what to make of this one ..

Cash for crash - cannot think of any other reason for what happened tho not something you should be doing with an artic

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

• Advertisement

I'd hardly call the taxi a red light runner - a bit of creeping - Id'd rather more people done that and be prepared for light changes than sitting finishing the text message they are sending or sailing through what mist have been a solid red like the other car..

Advertisement