Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

65535 wrote: »
    EI3709 from Birmingham having some difficulty in landing in Cork

Landed 10.23

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

9.30am tomorrow morning Dublin, should it have passed? Yellow warning at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Some aviation news. Ryanair flights from East Midlands and London Gatwick to Shannon has diverted to Dublin where Runway 16 is active. The Aer Lingus Flight from London Heathrow due in at 2100 is cancelled. Two Aer Lingus ATR 72 flights are landing on a short runway 25 at Cork Airport. At the time of writing the Ryanair flight from Gran Canaria to Cork has just left the holding pattern and is flying towards Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LoxontheRox

Power gone in Banna, Kerry nearly an hour. To be honest its still very wild out there....had to go to friends rental holiday house and it was extremely wild...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

nthclare wrote: »
    You and your furry friends all tucked in???

The cats needed out, but one by one, as I opened the door, took one look and reversed.... at least with the direction the gale is I can open and close the door.

Shake rattle and roll here. As forecast.

ESB deserve a medal. We stay safe here mostly since they laid cables under the ocean.

Hope all are safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Still blowing a hoolie down at Fastnet with a recent gust of 74 knots.

Relations have lost power in Liscannor and said winds are very bad with the windows howling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

9.30am tomorrow morning Dublin, should it have passed? Yellow warning at the moment

Oh for FFS use your own judgement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Now it's getting stormy in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pissing rain in cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭dmc17

Powers been gone since about 9 here in West Clare. Wind sounding violent over the last 2 hours even though we have good shelter here from the NW winds

GoneHome wrote: »
    Oh for FFS use your own judgement

Jaysus missing a bit of civility are we? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

Bad gusts cork city south

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

Graces7 wrote: »

WTF was a fishing vessel doing out in it? Should be charged for any services rendered - they had plenty warnings to either get clear or find safe anchorage.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

Violent in north Clare for the last 2 hours. Maybe not as bad as Darwin but surpasses anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ok it’s really bad in cork City now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

Winds have come around to northwesterly directions here in Ballincollig and are quite a bit more vicious than previously. There’s some strong, violent gusts hitting the living room windows.
    Rain has also picked up quite a bit.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

It's just raining here in Waterford City not a lot of wind thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Is this expected to continue north, I am in Sligo, or should it move easy?

Is this expected to continue north, I am in Sligo, or should it move easy?

Apparently, we're to use our own judgment :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10pm

Mace head gusting 65 knots(120km/h)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Getting fairly gusty in Sth Galway now and wind has been howling around the house for the last 20 minutes.
    I have been keeping an eye on this thread throughout the evening, and was amazed that it took so long for Hannah to arrive on Galway Bay. It was surprisingly calm up until 9.30 or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Deagol wrote: »
    WTF was a fishing vessel doing out in it? Should be charged for any services rendered - they had plenty warnings to either get clear or find safe anchorage.

Happened while heading for shelter like lots of other trawlers take a look at all that went into Castletownbere on Marine Traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

east clare - and it's getting noisier and stronger by the minute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Still nothing happening in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Violent gusts here in East Clare can hear the wind high up last time I heard it like that was during Darwin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Im North of Corofin down a valley in the Burren, hopefully the landscape will be the same in the morning...

Ive the chainsaw in the boot, helmet and safety gear.

The ash blew out my fireplace earlier, if a herd of wild goats arrived outside id bring them in its so wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Still fairly gusty here in limerick... just outside city, west siiide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

This is definitely in Darwin theritory if not worse here in South Limerick

• Advertisement

Feels like the strongest of the winds are arriving in squals here in Kilkenny. On and off but each arrival getting stronger

Finding the same out here. Dwelling is shaking now. west mayo offshore island..Looking at the time frame. Locally gusts are ferocious ..windspeed 50. gusts 74 .... chilly too

Advertisement