Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Book readers" - Season 8 Episode 2 "A Knight of the 7 Kin" - Spoilers post 2 fo

Options

Comments

....... wrote: »
    You have totally missed the point. Did you miss the entire conversation around this?

They are using Bran to draw out the Night King. Too much protection and the Night King wont expose himself.

In that regard the Iron Born are the perfect foil - they do offer some protection, but not enough to put off the approaching Night King.

Beric and the Hound et al. should be protecting Bran, considering they have seen and fought these guys before. If Bran is where the NK is expected, the best of the best should be waiting. It's ludicrous to suggest the NK would avoid Bran because of the Brotherhood.

And as far a lot of the cast are concerned, the only Ironborn they know (Euron) to have seen a wight instantly walked away and said "Fuk that. I'm away off home." so it makes no sense to have a random 20 of them with Theon protecting their brother from the NK himself. Even if some now know that Euron is helping Cersei, they don't know whether or not he actually walked away in fear.

The Ironborn are protecting Bran because the showrunners simply want those guys out in the big battle. That strategy being used by the defenders is based on what it will look like to us, the viewers.
    How do you know they haven't. Everybody seems to want the characters to walk us through their entire battle plans and tactical what ifs, but ask yourself, what would be more effective on screen, a dry turgid battle planning scene or seeing their plans unfold unspoiled on screen during the battle in a series of **** yeh moments ?

They're walking us through the little ninja's weapon plenty. And they walked us through the first big crossbow as well. I'm not going to assume that they're making a big crossbow since they haven't mentioned the dragon once apart from Bran.

Westeros is about to have a battle like no other in thousands and thousands of years.. A battle with the White Walkers south of the wall. And all we know is Breinne's hill is pretty good. So yeah, I'd like to be walked through the preparations for a couple of minutes. Could some information not be garnered from Tormund as to how the WWs attacked Last Hearth? Was there evidence he used the dragon at all? Did they make it over the walls? Did giants smash the walls? All potentially interesting conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Id love to know everything too, but i also enjoy the suspense that is being generated in not knowing.

So we cant have everything we want, basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

It's ludicrous to suggest the NK would avoid Bran because of the Brotherhood.

Who suggested that? Oh hang on, you made it up didnt you? Ah yes. Carry on.

The suspense leading up to Bronn firing the crossbow was far far greater than now wondering "Hmm, maybe they did make one. Or maybe they didn't." That was minutes of fear and anxiousness.

So for that reason, I'm assuming they didn't make one.

Who suggested that? Oh hang on, you made it up didnt you? Ah yes. Carry on.

You have totally missed the point. Did you miss the entire conversation around this?

They are using Bran to draw out the Night King. Too much protection and the Night King wont expose himself.

In that regard the Iron Born are the perfect foil

You're saying they're perfect because they don't offer too much protection. Wouldn't the Brotherhood be even more perfect?

• Advertisement

In that regard the Iron Born are the perfect foil

You're saying they're perfect because they don't offer too much protection. Wouldn't the Brotherhood be even more perfect?

I didnt say anything about the Brotherhood.

But if youre asking, I think theyd be the wrong people in the Godswood. Far more useful out in the field.

I didnt say anything about the Brotherhood.

But if youre asking, I think theyd be the wrong people in the Godswood. Far more useful out in the field.

The entire plan basically relies upon killing the Night King. Jon said it himself in the episode that getting to the NK somehow would be their best shot.

So I think it would perfectly sensible for the best of the best to wait exactly where Bran says the NK will go. I just don't see how it could be logical in any other way.

The entire plan basically relies upon killing the Night King. Jon said it himself in the episode that getting to the NK somehow would be their best shot.

So I think it would perfectly sensible for the best of the best to wait exactly where Bran says the NK will go. I just don't see how it could be logical in any other way.

They will be using a dragon to try and kill the Night King - so it would waste the Brotherhood to just have them there waiting to be killed by him.

Theon knows this is probably a suicide mission. Its his final act of redemption.

I know from your posts here that you disagree with most decisions in the show and in fact I think you said you were ready to stop watching it after the most recent episode (4 episodes from the very end :rolleyes:), so Ill leave it there, nothing I say will satisfy your need to constantly criticise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Also why did no one mention to Jon that the Knight King has a Dragon ?

Bran said it when they all arrived at Winterfell in the previous episode. Annoyingly nobody seemed to make a fuss about it though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Bran did in the first episode. Wasn't mentioned since though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Bran told them all about Viserion in episode 1.

Not sure if its been mentioned, but Bran told him about it in ep1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I think Bran mentioned something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Sam is so dead now. He is the only one with proof of Jon's heritage, Danny is going to take him out (and prob Gilly, little Sam) causing Jon and Tyrion to go against her.
    Howland Reed (Meera and Jojen's father) also knows. He was at the tower when Ned took Jon from Leanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Howland Reed (Meera and Jojen's father) also knows. He was at the tower when Ned took Jon from Leanna.

"Oh, so your brother, best friend and Ned Stark's friend all say the same thing? How convenient. "

Daith wrote: »
    "Oh, so your brother, best friend and Ned Stark's friend all say the same thing? How convenient. "

Same has it from a tower book. That's why, imo, he is at threat

IF Dany were inclined (not sure she is yet), then there is no way she would kill the others and not Jon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

As far as I can see, winterfell is sitting on a massive trojan horse. All the Night King has to do is walk up (out of arrow range), raise his arms, and all the dead that are buried in the crypts rise up having bypassed all the defences

Same has it from a tower book. That's why, imo, he is at threat

Yeah but the septons private diary still exists in the citadel.

And given that they have found it written down once - who knows where else it might be written down.

Howland Reed might have written it down. The woman attending to the birth might have told someone.

Rheagar might have told someone before he died at the trident.

The fact of it exists and she cant erase that.

duploelabs wrote: »
    As far as I can see, winterfell is sitting on a massive trojan horse. All the Night King has to do is walk up (out of arrow range), raise his arms, and all the dead that are buried in the crypts rise up having bypassed all the defences

I wonder how many dead are in the crypts and how many would be in any condition to be a threat?

• Advertisement

Yeah but the septons private diary still exists in the citadel.

And given that they have found it written down once - who knows where else it might be written down.

Howland Reed might have written it down. The woman attending to the birth might have told someone.

Rheagar might have told someone before he died at the trident.

The fact of it exists and she cant erase that.

Since when is Danny sensible and prone to long term thinking?

I also wonder does the night king or WW or wight have to kill someone for them to become a wight themselves? Apologies if its just my leaky memory, but i cant remember someone who was dead and buried years ago coming back.

I wonder how many dead are in the crypts and how many would be in any condition to be a threat?

Yeah I was thinking that it would be a mental place to put them but there are only a few there (the lords and ladies) and most would not be anything but Skeletal now. Maybe zombie Bean?

*Bean rises*

*Takes a step*

*Head falls off*

*Body stumbles around looking for head, ala Looney Tunes*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Pter wrote: »
    *Bean rises*

*Takes a step*

*Head falls off*

One does not simply walk out of the Winterfell Crypt.

Yeah I was thinking that it would be a mental place to put them but there are only a few there (the lords and ladies) and most would not be anything but Skeletal now. Maybe zombie Bean?

Only his bones are there. The silent sisters cleaned them and put them in a box that Baelish gave to Catelyn.

Id be more worried about mummified remains that are more or less in one piece (if any exist).

I think the crypts do not turn out to be safe, but maybe not for the reasons we might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Isn't Roose Bolton buried somewhere in Winterfell. Poor chap, poisoned by his enemies.

Isn't Roose Bolton buried somewhere in Winterfell. Poor chap, poisoned by his enemies.

Oh yeah, he'd be......meaty....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Pter wrote: »
    *Bean rises*

*Takes a step*

*Head falls off*

Did they send his head back with his body I wonder? Last time we saw it was on a spike in Kings Landing!

• Advertisement

I think if the head had been held back from the Starks it would have been mentioned when they were saying the body was brought back. Could be wrong on that though.

Advertisement