Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,891 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

20Cent wrote: »
    Who see's him as a savior?

Plenty of people.
    Elon Musk Is The Saviour Humanity Needs

Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, Elon Musk is the closest thing we have to a real-life Tony Stark and he’s got a plan to save us all.

You see, Mr Musk isn’t content to just be one of the most influential, powerful or richest men on planet Earth, he wants to save humanity from what he sees as ‘looming extinction’.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/featured/elon-musk-is-the-saviour-humanity-needs/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

cnocbui wrote: »

Why do climate deniers find blogs useful believable sources of information yet ignore the vast consensus of published scientific papers????

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

blinding wrote: »
    The Elites and Middle Class want to punish the poor for the over consumption of the Elites and Middle Class .

Fook the Elites and Middle Class .

Its a conspiracy is it?

Why do climate deniers find blogs useful believable sources of information yet ignore the vast consensus of published scientific papers????

Why do climate twerps respond with attempts at changing the subject when the have the rug pulled out from under their assertions?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

blinding wrote: »
    The Elites and Middle Class want to punish the poor for the over consumption of the Elites and Middle Class .

Fook the Elites and Middle Class .

Flights got affordable we visited different places opened our minds

Dressed better on cheaper clothes not hand me downs

Air travel and clothing

These seem to be the first two attacks on the working class in their manifesto

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    Why do climate twerps respond with attempts at changing the subject when the have the rug pulled out from under their assertions?

Yes that blog post really pulled the rug from my assertion. With levels of proof this low wait till you hear about peer reviewed journals.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

To use your own genial words here - in "every movement there was always some grumpy old sneering Fu*Ker moaning"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Scientists have indentified where humans have originated 200,000 years ago. It seems they migrated from Botswana due to “climate change” 70,000 years ago. I didn’t realise we had cars and planes that long ago, interesting.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Scientists have indentified where humans have originated 200,000 years ago. It seems they migrated from Botswana due to “climate change” 70,000 years ago. I didn’t realise we had cars and planes that long ago, interesting.

I find the 70 K year bit hard to believe as Australina Aboriginies have been there at least 60,000 years.

Last night there was a program about Australia's great barrier reef. The outer edge of it to the current shore line used to be dry land. Sea levels were lower due to an ice age but those pesky Neanderthals lit so many fires to keep warm, they released so much CO2 that the planet warmed up to extinction levels and all life on Earth perished - oh, wait...

(In case the twerps don't get it - some of that was made up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

to paraphrase Marks&Spencer, there's climate change, and then there's anthropogenic climate change ...

• Advertisement

It's posts like this that make me believe deniers seem to revel in ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Why not dispute the post with an evidence based response instead of the above condescending rubbish which is all to prevalent in this thread? It would be refreshing.

Why not dispute the post with an evidence based response instead of the above condescending rubbish which is all to prevalent in this thread? It would be refreshing.

Because I don't think the post is serious or informed in any way. The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it.

Because I don't think the post is serious or informed in any way. The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it.

Considering your response it would also be fair to attach the same bs to your posts as you are unwilling to engage in debate if the other posters position is different to yours. That's pretty pathetic tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

People who are having more than one child are ruining the planet, should be ashamed of themselves.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    People who are having more than one child are ruining the planet, should be ashamed of themselves.

those Africans, at it again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    The Greenies should definitely not be reproducing .

Some of them wouldn't know how to go about it.

I have absolutely no interest or care for YOUR beliefs.

It was scientists that made the claim, just like the ones you say are correct about “ climate change”

• Advertisement

Considering your response it would also be fair to attach the same bs to your posts as you are unwilling to engage in debate if the other posters position is different to yours. That's pretty pathetic tbh

Climate enthusiasts like 20cent it’s either their way or the highway. They won’t listen to any other theories, once a car or a plane produces co2 that has to be the cause. Now thats ignorance.

Climate enthusiasts like 20cent it’s either their way or the highway. They won’t listen to any other theories, once a car or a plane produces co2 that has to be the cause. Now thats ignorance.

Well air travel is responsible for 2 per cent of global emissions whilst the clothing industry is responsible for 10 per cent. Think we should all wear fig leaves less harmful on the environment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Well air travel is responsible for 2 per cent of global emissions whilst the clothing industry is responsible for 10 per cent. Think we should all wear fig leaves less harmful on the environment.
    Certainly no need for Women's Fashion or Make Up .

Both of those should be stopped Immediately .

Anyone posting something so dumb is clearly not even capable of basic engagement with the topic of the thread.

Anyone posting something so dumb is clearly not even capable of basic engagement with the topic of the thread.

What the hell are you talking about? It’s a scientific fact that climate change was happening over thousands of years., go educate yourself and you’ll see. You just don’t want to know or accept any facts only your own bs.

I could argue your unwillingness to dispute what is posted protrays you also of being incapable. The proper way of debate is to attack the comment not the commentator. You do yourself no favour with an adhominen attack.

I could argue your unwillingness to dispute what is posted protrays you also of being incapable. The proper way of debate is to attack the comment not the commentator. You do yourself no favour with an adhominen attack.

The reason that he would attack the commentator is because he clearly can’t argue against that fact.

Do people talk about touchdowns and slam dunking baskets in the football forums?
    If someone posted in the rugby forum about how Ireland would have beaten New Zealand if they used different hurls, would they be taken seriously?
    Would posters start explaining what the sport was and the rules for it?
    or would they think this person is either ignorant of the game or taking the p1ss?

Do people talk about touchdowns and slam dunking baskets in the football forums?
    If someone posted in the rugby forum about how Ireland would have beaten New Zealand if they used different hurls, would they be taken seriously?
    Would posters start explaining what the sport was and the rules for it?
    or would they think this person is either ignorant of the game or taking the p1ss?

You’re talking bs now. Are you upset Ireland lost or something? You’re on the wrong forum now.

• Advertisement

If we hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.
    Checkmate.

Advertisement