Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

mystic86 wrote: »
    Reffing was a joke today at times, Kerry got nothing from him and Donegal got a few very dubious ones. Donegal backs at it off the ball all day.

O Donnell got a black card for nothing while O'Brien should of got a black card for stopping a dead cert goal but got away with it and keep in mind he set up Kerry's last point so I wouldn't say the ref was one sided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

What was the red card for near the end of the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

eigrod wrote: »
    Murphy kicked that last free at least 10 metres ahead of where the foul was committed- he was on edge of D when he kicked it. A pet hate about Gaelic Football that that’s allowed pass so often.

Cathal McShane was at the same thing yesterday. He takes a few steps back and a few steps forward before the strike. Except they're not really back and forward. He's going sideways and broadening the angle with every step.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭HBC08

Boyle being Boyle

Yeah another motm award for Boyler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

HBC08 wrote:
    Yeah another motm award for Boyler

Yeah should of been another sending off for him too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,827 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Reffing was a joke today at times, Kerry got nothing from him and Donegal got a few very dubious ones. Donegal backs at it off the ball all day.

I thought he was poor for BOTH sides to be fair,
    Kerry were up to a fair bit of over physicality and skulduggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭munster87

Great game. Championship needs more like that badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

munster87 wrote: »
    Great game. Championship needs more like that badly.

It's been a good championship

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭aridion

Two best teams outside Dublin to be fair. Great points taken, a lot of good movement off the ball, and a lot of top top players on display. It was easily the best game of the championship so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,827 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The scoring and accuracy from all over the pitch was unreal. In difficult conditions too it really was, some scores from crazy angles, under pressure and serious distances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Good game, could have gone either way. Seán O'Shea had Brennan as a jockey for about 10 mins of the 2nd half, plenty other talking pts but Lee Keegan had the same approach in the league final.

Annoying from kerry pt of view but plenty else going on before anyone jumps on it. Just an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

mighty second game today, best match this year, the first one was pure rubbish, meath threw it away

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

RMAOK wrote: »
    Best game of the football championship by a country mile

Glad I recorded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭aridion

This game showed how football is still alive and well. Top class from both sides. Edge of the seat stuff all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,973 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

aridion wrote: »
    This game showed how football is still alive and well. Top class from both sides. Edge of the seat stuff all the way.
    As somebody said would have been an out and out classic as a knockout game.
    The edge was taken off it somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

mighty second game today, best match this year, the first one was pure rubbish, meath threw it away

They were more competitive than Roscommon were anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

As somebody said would have been an out and out classic as a knockout game.
    The edge was taken off it somewhat.

Exactly how it felt in the stadium. Even when Donegal went 1 up on 70mins my first thought was, ah grand, beat meath and go through. And when they equalised with the Murphy free even Shane Ryan was in no rush for the kick out. Take the draw and head to Navan. Not enjoying this super 8 idea at all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I hope Meath do but i just cant see it tbh. Meath are improving and they are a very young side but lets call a spade a spade they are a poor team. They were brutal against Dublin who didnt come out of first gear only scoring 4 points. Clare should have beaten them and an under performing Donegal team still beat them by 9 points last weekend.

I would love to see Meath beat Mayo but as i have predicted i can see them been beaten by 8+ points this week

You were spot on fair play to ya. (In contrast I did terrible with my predictions)

Newman going off was a major turning point Meath lost thier focal point.
    That young fella who came on for Newman only scored the handy frees, he froze a bit when there were more difficult ones. One in particular was a sort of toe poke that stayed in play.
    If Meath properly went at it they would have beaten Mayo. They had two or three goal chances but went for the safe point option.
    The shooting in the first half was awful from both sides.

I do not think the 9 point win was a fair reflection on the game, Meath lost it, rather then Mayo won it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Strumms wrote: »
    The scoring and accuracy from all over the pitch was unreal. In difficult conditions too it really was, some scores from crazy angles, under pressure and serious distances.

The movement and control of both sides was impressive as well.
    Both sides defended well - Kerry were better at the defending than I thought they would be.
    Murphy was some man with those frees though.
    The more pressure on a kick the better he seems to do.

After seeing the two teams live, I am starting to think that Dublin's five in a row is not the foregone conclusion most people are assuming.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The movement and control of both sides was impressive as well.
    Both sides defended well - Kerry were better at the defending than I thought they would be.
    Murphy was some man with those frees though.
    The more pressure on a kick the better he seems to do.

After seeing the two teams live, I am starting to think that Dublin's five in a row is not the foregone conclusion most people are assuming.

Ya i dont think Dublin are gonna walk this as some are making out. Dublin will need to improve at the back. Donegal and Kerry have players who can and will punish you on there day. We give them the space we gave Roscommon yesterday and where gonna be in trouble. I dont think it will happen but who knows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Absolute nonsense, the O'Donnell black card was criminal, and given only to even things out after the only controversial decision given against Kerry all day. Badly reffed all round. O'Brien is lucky he had to leave the field with a bloody nose when giving away the penalty, nailed on black card.

Great game, and I think a fair result. If McGlynn had buried that shot instead of passing for the square ball, it could have been the game winner, but then Clifford probably should have had a goal in the first half, so evens things out. Top class scoring in the second half in particular from both teams. I think they'll both end up playing Dublin but can't see either stopping them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Absolute nonsense, the O'Donnell black card was criminal, and given only to even things out after the only controversial decision given against Kerry all day. Badly reffed all round. O'Brien is lucky he had to leave the field with a bloody nose when giving away the penalty, nailed on black card.

Great game, and I think a fair result. If McGlynn had buried that shot instead of passing for the square ball, it could have been the game winner, but then Clifford probably should have had a goal in the first half, so evens things out. Top class scoring in the second half in particular from both teams. I think they'll both end up playing Dublin but can't see either stopping them

Why? Now i haven't seen a replay so maybe im missing something but didnt look a black to me initially :confused:

Why? Now i haven't seen a replay so maybe im missing something but didnt look a black to me initially :confused:

He pretty much jumped on him to knock him down, no real attempt to play the ball at all. If we do have to put up with the farce that is the black card rule, I'd put it up there as a definite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

aridion wrote: »

Football is alive and well in a small number of counties.

Great game, and I think a fair result. If McGlynn had buried that shot instead of passing for the square ball,

Just on this. It wasnt a square ball. The Donegal man caught it and threw it into the net after it was deflected on the way over towards him. So it was disallowed for a throw ball.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Just on this. It wasnt a square ball. The Donegal man caught it and threw it into the net after it was deflected on the way over towards him. So it was disallowed for a throw ball.

I think it might have been a bit of both, was a mess in there

I think it might have been a bit of both, was a mess in there

Definitely a throw. Referee was quite clear in showing his hands in a throwing motion. I'm also at home now rewatching the game and its definitely a throw ball it was given for after the ball was tipped out of his line

Definitely a throw. Referee was quite clear in showing his hands in a throwing motion. I'm also at home now rewatching the game and its definitely a throw ball it was given for after the ball was tipped out of his line

Fair enough if thats what it was given for, right decision, was fairly manic where I was watching it. Was just saying that it also looked like a square ball in the replay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Goal was disallowed for being thrown into the net. However, it looked to be a square ball - he was already in square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

100% That's what Brian Carthy and John Casey called it on the radio.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement