Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

But whaddabou' Leinster... Etc

I guess what blanch is referring to is an un-competitiveness borne out of the excellence and tradition of one county and lack of interest of some of the others.

People's issue with Leinster is that the championship has become and uncompetitive farce due to allowing one team play practically all their matches at home coupled with the financial doping of said team.

Leinster hasn't always been a farce- it has been made one by the above and that's what annoys people. A fairly good & competitive championship was broken by idiotic decisions and is only being compounded now by John Horan who is operating a Fidel Castro Simpsons character approach to the trillion dollar bill - "Give what back".

Not only have the GAA not fixed problems in Munster but they have created new ones in Leinster.

I understand that you want Dublin to dominate and that is reasonable enough but I cant understand your attempts to disingenuously keep your head in the sand 24/7 - you must come up for air sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Tipperary minors and U21s were going very well for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭threeball

But whaddabou' Leinster... Etc

I guess what blanch is referring to is an un-competitiveness borne out of the excellence and tradition of one county and lack of interest of some of the others.

People's issue with Leinster is that the championship has become and uncompetitive farce due to allowing one team play practically all their matches at home coupled with the financial doping of said team.

Leinster hasn't always been a farce- it has been made one by the above and that's what annoys people. A fairly good & competitive championship was broken by idiotic decisions and is only being compounded now by John Horan who is operating a Fidel Castro Simpsons character approach to the trillion dollar bill - "Give what back".

Not only have the GAA not fixed problems in Munster but they have created new ones in Leinster.

I understand that you want Dublin to dominate and that is reasonable enough but I cant understand your attempts to disingenuously keep your head in the sand 24/7 - you must come up for air sometimes

Very much so. There was a time not long ago that the Leinster final was the most anticipated day outside the all Ireland. A heaving croker full of Dublin, Meath, laois or kildare fans usually engaged in match of the year contenders. Even Westmeath had a few years in the sun. Huge viewing figures, edge of your seat stuff. Now its all dead thanks to the GAA and their meddling with the natural order.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Redsoxfan wrote:
    One swallow

Etc
    I was just correcting his statement of fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭White lighting

blanch152 wrote: »
    I agree with you that Meath are the coming team.

I also think that they will beat Dublin sometime over the next three years in the Championship (not this year) and it may not mean much if Dublin come through the qualifiers. Nevertheless, this is an exciting Meath team, and there may well be an All-Ireland in them eventually, maybe 2021 or 2022, but they need to keep at it. They certainly don't seem to have the mental fragility that has kept Mayo from succeeding over the last few years.

Next three year's? You are off your head. No chance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

They won the League, They lost to Roscommon a D1 side by a point in a game they missed numerous wides. They Beat Galway a D1 side. They beat Down and Armagh both sides are better than any team Meath beat. They were hammered against Kerry yes but as i have said already Mayo last few years have only started to hit form playing in Croker.

Time will tell anyway whos prediction is right or wrong
    Laois and Clare are both better than Down without question. I'd have Clare and Armagh as similar quality. So not sure where you're getting that from.
    I'm not 100% confident about tomorrow but I've definitely more hopeful than last week. I think our defence will be able to get the better of Mayo's forwards. Main worry, as usual, are midfield and keeper. But if we do play the way we can and minimize the errors from kickouts, it think we will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

with the financial doping of said team

Which player on the Dublin team was financially doped?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Don't bother with him. All the bitter pills have a thread of their own thataway>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

It's a sleeven way of implying real doping, don't you know.

Which is what one of the journos on the anti Dub vibe was deliberately insinuating until put into his box. Still living on a lucky scoop from about 30 years ago, and couldn't write a sick note...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,133 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sure of course there is financial doping in Dublin.

I heard that their county board paid the American Department of Homeland Security to find an 'administrative error' in Dermo's Visa application so to pave the way for his return to the panel!

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Don't bother with him. All the bitter pills have a thread of their own thataway>>>>>

I wouldnt call myself bitter- I have even cheered on Dublin on several occasions (usually against Mayo).

However in light of Bonnie's comment it was necessary to give some factual context of why the Leinster championship has become a farce.

I'd want the same for my county and wouldn't want the factors in our favour to change and thats fine but the constant denial of said factors is just puzzling.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's not just the Leinster Championship that has become a farce it's the All-Ireland championship too.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    It's a sleeven way of implying real doping, don't you know.

Which is what one of the journos on the anti Dub vibe was deliberately insinuating until put into his box. Still living on a lucky scoop from about 30 years ago, and couldn't write a sick note...

No its not, it's a commonly used term in sport.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/financial_doping

For owner(s) insert GAA and you will see the point

I wouldnt call myself bitter- I have even cheered on Dublin on several occasions (usually against Mayo).

However in light of Bonnie's comment it was necessary to give some factual context of why the Leinster championship has become a farce.

I'd want the same for my county and wouldn't want the factors in our favour to change and thats fine but the constant denial of said factors is just puzzling.

Who in the Dublin team that will take the field tonight was 'doped' as you call it.

Explain the process by which this happened and your evidence of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Who in the Dublin team that will take the field tonight was 'doped' as you call it.

Explain the process by which this happened and your evidence of same.

You do realise hes referring to the county being financially "doped". Not actual individual players doping. Or are you being awkward for the sake of it?

dobman88 wrote: »
    You do realise hes referring to the county being financially "doped". Not actual individual players doping. Or are you being awkward for the sake of it?

I realise and I can read. He was talking about the Dublin Senior Football team. Have a look at the thread title will help you realise that. He was talking about the Dublin Senior team dominating Leinster because they were playing at home and were being doped. When asked the show evidence which player was doped - Radio silence. Do you realise everything now?

I realise and I can read. He was talking about the Dublin Senior Football team. Have a look at the thread title will help you realise that. He was talking about the Dublin Senior team dominating Leinster because they were playing at home and were being doped. When asked the show evidence which player was doped - Radio silence. Do you realise everything now?

How does the thread title mean he was talking specifically about the Dublin team. This is the all Ireland thread. The Dublin thread is separate. And again, hes talking about financial doping of the county, not individual players taking steroids which is what you seem to think the poster is referring to. Hope you can realise that.

How does the thread title mean he was talking specifically about the Dublin team. This is the all Ireland thread. The Dublin thread is separate. And again, hes talking about financial doping of the county, not individual players taking steroids which is what you seem to think the poster is referring to. Hope you can realise that.

Go back and read his post.

I know you wish he was talking about something vague and airy fairy because that needs no evidence. Unfortunately for you he wasn't. He was talking about the Dublin Senior football team and their dominance of Leinster due to home advantage and financial doping. Doping means cheating. If you are going to accuse the All Ireland Champions of cheating you can present evidence. Your reluctance to even attempt to present evidence means you know that it is a false accusation.

No one has stated that a Dublin player has doped- the concept of financial doping, linked above, is entirely different.

I know you wish he was talking about something vague and airy fairy because that needs no evidence. Unfortunately for you he wasn't. He was talking about the Dublin Senior football team and their dominance of Leinster due to home advantage and financial doping. Doping means cheating. If you are going to accuse the All Ireland Champions of cheating you can present evidence. Your reluctance to even attempt to present evidence means you know that it is a false accusation.

You don’t understand the terms being used so why respond?

I think this conversation may be too much for you

• Advertisement

At this point I'm going to take you as being on a wind up cos nobody could be this foolish.

Anyway, anyone else fancy Cork against Tyrone today or am I being mad thinking they could scalp them?

No one has stated that a Dublin player has doped

Completely back tracking. Or lying. Whatever way you want to put it.

At this point I'm going to take you as being on a wind up cos nobody could be this foolish.

You lost the argument so you resort to Ad hominem and run off.

What you'd expect from an excuse making, bad loser.

Completely back tracking. Or lying. Whatever way you want to put it.

Example of something factually incorrect that was stated?

Financial doping and steroid abuse are 2 different things but you already know this and are just being pointlessly obtuse.

As i said- I fear this may be too much for you

You lost the argument so you resort to Ad hominem and run off.

What you'd expect from an excuse making, bad loser.

:pac:

I wasnt arguing anything. Just pointing out that you took something up wrong and you're still taking it up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'd want the same for my county

Would you?

Ever play a computer game with "god" mode switched on? Fun for about 10 minutes then gets boring because there is no challenge.

I'd give my left nut just to win a provincial title and if it ever happened it would bring an insane amount of joy. There is no way it could be the same for supporters in a county that have actually won Leinster 14 times out of the last 15, or for a Kerry supporter watching them win their 82nd title.

If you have 20 times the population, 10 times the number of clubs, multiple millions more in funding and sponsorship and a host of other advantages, and then you win all the time, well its simple human nature that those wins will mean less to you. How could they not?

So would I want my county to be that one county given god mode? Not really. It would be fun for a while but eventually the meaning will be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You don't know what you are talking about.

Just pointing out that you took something up wrong and you're still taking it up wrong.

Just pointing out that you can't read. Gill's post is there for all to see.
    Or maybe he could edit over it with some of your little girl emojis

• Advertisement

Example of something factually incorrect that was stated?

Financial doping and steroid abuse are 2 different things but you already know this and are just being pointlessly obtuse.

As i said- I fear this may be too much for you

No you back tracked Gill. You were caught out accusing players of cheating and you couldn't back it up. And now you're just being a last word merchant to save face.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement