Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

No you back tracked Gill. You were caught out accusing players of cheating and you couldn't back it up. And now you're just being a last word merchant to save face.

Show me where I accused anyone of cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Show me where I accused anyone of cheating.

Don't be obtuse Gill. It's in your post as well you know. I've quoted it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

This is how I see Force Carrier on this thread

8d6c05a1f8359fcd83a513da0ad357dd.jpg

Don't be obtuse Gill. It's in your post as well you know. I've quoted it already.

You quoted me talking about financial doping- a term of which you clearly have no understanding.

I linked it previously- read what it is.

As has already been stated- you just seem to be pointlessly attempting to derail this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

I really don’t think we need him to do that. Enough posters here derailing it at every opportunity. The changes in the GAA thread is thataway!!!

• Advertisement

ArielAtom wrote: »
    I really don’t think we need him to do that. Enough posters here derailing it at every opportunity. The changes in the GAA thread is thataway!!!

Of course but as I said previously context needed to be given to someone else’s point about the Leinster championship- correlation & causation, etc

You quoted me talking about financial doping- a term of which you clearly have no understanding.

I linked it previously- read what it is.

As has already been stated- you just seem to be pointlessly attempting to derail this discussion.

You were asked to show where and when each player on the Dublin team was financially doped. You can split hairs about what financially doped means if you want. Why don't you give your definition. And then examples of how the Dublin team the players in the Dublin squad were financially doped.

I believe they achieved their success through talent and hard work. You are saying they were financially doped. You were asked to back that up and you couldn't.

If you can't back it up then we can conclude that this Dublin team have not been financially doped.

You were asked to show where and when each player on the Dublin team was financially doped. You can split hairs about what financially doped means if you want. Why don't you give your definition. And then examples of how the Dublin team the players in the Dublin squad were financially doped.

I believe they achieved their success through talent and hard work. You are saying they were financially doped. You were asked to back that up and you couldn't.

If you can't back it up then we can conclude that this Dublin team have not been financially doped.

17 million in games funding over 10 years.
    You already know all this though so why are you carrying on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Talk about the ****ing games on today lads jesus.

This Dublin getting all the money's is ruining so many threads on here!

Anyways.....

Hope Cork give Tyrone a good go just as did with Dublin last week. Dunno what to expect from Roscommon today with Dublin. They need to improve based on how the Tyrone game went but run the risk of shooting themselves in the foot like Cork did last week by leaving themselves open.

17 million in games funding over 10 years.
    You already know all this though so why are you carrying on with it.

Jim Gavin and the Dublin team didn't get 17 million. And even if they did money can't change your ability level. They don't buy bionic limbs. There's no transfer market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭doc_17

Jim Gavin and the Dublin team didn't get 17 million. And even if they did money can't change your ability level. They don't buy bionic limbs. There's no transfer market.

Of course money can change your ability levels.

As much as I’d like to see it I don’t think Cork will be up to the challenge today. This group will most likely be over by 730 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Cork will beat Tyrone today.

Talk about the ****ing games on today lads jesus.

This Dublin getting all the money's is ruining so many threads on here!

Anyways.....

Hope Cork give Tyrone a good go just as did with Dublin last week. Dunno what to expect from Roscommon today with Dublin. They need to improve based on how the Tyrone game went but run the risk of shooting themselves in the foot like Cork did last week by leaving themselves open.

Cork & Tyrone is an intriguing one but for some reason I have a feeling that Tyrone will hockey them! I reckon Tyrone by min of 6. Dublin will win handy.

On tomorrow- mayo should do just about enough to beat Meath while the second game is impossible to call in my eyes

eagle eye wrote: »

Hate Tyrone would love to see Cork give them proper game today but unfortunately think Tyrone will bully them and be to much for them.

doc_17 wrote: »
    Of course money can change your ability levels.

Which is the accusation that Gill made. Which player on the Dublin team had their ability level changed by money. When and where? And evidence of same?

eagle eye wrote: »

Can’t see it- too much naivety in that cork team.
    They are too open and Tyrone will invite them on and just blitz them on the counter

Can’t see it- too much naivety in that cork team.
    They are too open and Tyrone will invite them on and just blitz them on the counter

I hope it's a good game one way or another. I'd much rather Dublin get a test as well today. Cox needs a better game then last week for Roscommon.

Hope Brogan gets some time for Dublin as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Cork & Tyrone is an intriguing one but for some reason I have a feeling that Tyrone will hockey them! I reckon Tyrone by min of 6. Dublin will win handy.

On tomorrow- mayo should do just about enough to beat Meath while the second game is impossible to call in my eyes

Agree with 3 out of 4 , has to be Kerry for me though , they are on a mission .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Seadin

As much as I’d like to see it I don’t think Cork will be up to the challenge today. This group will most likely be over by 730 this evening.

Thats what we like to hear. Underdogs suit us nicely. If we were expected to win we probably wouldnt so its best we go in as underdogs.

• Advertisement

Which is the accusation that Gill made. Which player on the Dublin team had their ability level changed by money. When and where? And evidence of same?

All of them. Constantly. Money gives them access to more high level coaching and coaches. Training camps abroad, dieticians etc....All of that allows them to train at levels the others can’t and thus they improve. They get better.

Money doesn’t help? Why then is every other county begging and fundraising as much as they can? Dublin don’t need to, and actually don’t, fundraise. They get it al, handed to them.

Seadin wrote: »
    Thats what we like to hear. Underdogs suit us nicely. If we were expected to win we probably wouldnt so its best we go in as underdogs.

No disrespect but it didn’t help against Kerry and Dublin. There’s usually a good reason why teams are underdogs. But I wish you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Tyrone are well capable of scoring goals especially against defences that leave themselves open as Cork's. I'm interested to see how this Cork "free scoring" forward line do against a defence like Tyrone's that gives teams very little time and room on the ball to score.

Going by the odds it says Tyrone by 4 but i reckon the margin of victory could be double that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

Not a hope for cork, the Tyrone blanket will swallow up their marquee men. Typical Tyrone, look at last Saturday just bullied roscommon out of it. If Kerrigan starts, hell be ran ragged not like last week. Tyrone by 6 plus me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

Tyrone are well capable of scoring goals especially against defences that leave themselves open as Cork's. I'm interested to see how this Cork "free scoring" forward line do against a defence like Tyrone's that gives teams very little time and room on the ball to score.

Going by the odds it says Tyrone by 4 but i reckon the margin of victory could be double that.

Dublin left 5 goals behind them last week, there is more holes in that cork defence then swiss cheese

All of them. Constantly. Money gives them access to more high level coaching and coaches. Training camps abroad, dieticians etc.

What high level coach? Jim Gavin?

dietician lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

C__MC wrote: »
    Dublin left 5 goals behind them last week, there is more holes in that cork defence then swiss cheese

Yes Cork have the worst defence of the 8 teams left in championship however the biggest surprise was how loose Dublin left their defence, its highly unlikely that Tyrone will defend in that manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

My gut said similar on my pools about Tyrone knocking seven shades out of them. Then I back tracked.

I can see it happening. The first 10min like last Sunday's game in Killarney will show exactly how it's going to pan out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Tyrone will eat them. The games today are more ****e mismatches.

• Advertisement

What high level coach? Jim Gavin?

dietician lol

It’s neat you think he does it for free. And Sherlock. And Dunne. Etc........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement