Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Non book readers" - Season 8 Episode 1 "Winterfell"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Except Varys, remember. Varys can travel at the speed of light.

Penn wrote: »

Ultimately though, it's just one of those things we have to accept about the show. Everyone travels at the speed the story requires them to.

Like Star Trek (especially JJ-verse)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Except Varys, remember. Varys can travel at the speed of light.
    Less weight to carry....

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Sky's adverts are p***ing me off. I've just seen a preview for E2 showing ***** ***** ******* ***** ********.

I know it's only minor, but STOP giving things away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    Sky's adverts are p***ing me off. I've just seen a preview for E2 showing ****************.

Ya, this applies to you too!

• Advertisement

Ya, this applies to you too!

Agh... Just realised!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Great.....

Amended.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone get mixed up between Gentry and Pod ???

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

PTH2009 wrote: »

According to an interview with the guy who plays Gendry that's why he cut his hair really short when he came back into it in S7 as people kept mixing them up. I don't think they look very alike as Pod has a somewhat dopey look about him and Gendry is more built but I suppose I can see a resemblance alright when they both had the longer dark hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    Sky's adverts are p***ing me off. I've just seen a preview for E2 showing ***** ***** ******* ***** ********.

I imagine that was the preview after Ep.1 showing a few bits from Ep.2?
    If it's the same one, it's not really spoilery.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,251 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Nope, Pod is a squire not a member of the gentry.

*sorry*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I used to all the time when I watched for the first time and only half paid attention to characters. I was like “What is your man at?!!”

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

I can't see Bronn taking out the Lanister brothers on Cerisi's orders
    After spending so much time with them both and puting his life on the line for both of them too castle or no castle

See a few not understanding this. Here's at few possible reasons.
    1) Jamie has deserted, as queen she cant just ignore it. So why not make a big deal and send bronn when she knows he wont do it. Instead of having to send someone that would.
    2) still loves Jamie, how can she help. Why not send bronn who she knows will help protect him
    3) she actually does plan on killing one of the and using bronn as decoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

We didn't actually see Cersei give the order to Bronn (yes I know the actors won't be on screen together), but Qyburn could be on a solo run here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

We didn't actually see Cersei give the order to Bronn (yes I know the actors won't be on screen together), but Qyburn could be on a solo run here.

I think its just because of the actors, Qyburn also explained his loyalty to Cersei which is probably a nod to the fact that it isnt him doing a solo run

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Why what's the craic with the actors not appearing together? Different locations?

Why what's the craic with the actors not appearing together? Different locations?

Divorce (Well they were not married but same drama)
    They need a couple of kicks up the hole because their off screen drama has had a large effect on the story telling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

fairly bad break up, Lena Heady has it in her contract that she doesn't even share scenes with him.

The characters have been on screen together one time in the whole series, and her face is kind of blurry because they are fairly far from the camera, ans he's turned completely away.

Cersei-850x478.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

fairly bad break up, Lena Heady has it in her contract that she doesn't even share scenes with him.

The characters have been on screen together one time in the whole series, and her face is kind of blurry because they are fairly far from the camera, ans he's turned completely away.

Cersei-850x478.jpg

Yeah had heard of this before. To be honest, if you were paying me 4m in a year I'd happily work with all my exes together and get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

irishfeen wrote: »
    Did anyone find it strange that Bran didn’t tell Jon about his true ancestry himself and let Sam do it?
    He said it in the episode to be fair, Jon trusts Sam more than Bran. Bran is gone weird and distant.
    Well, necessary to show Jon can ride a dragon but just overlong and drawn out.
    My wife's reaction was, "Yes, we get it, you have a big budget. Can we please get on with the story now?"
    which was obviously the last time we’ll see them like that after Sam told Jon who he is
    Except that they are Targaryens...
    See a few not understanding this. Here's at few possible reasons.
    1) Jamie has deserted, as queen she cant just ignore it. So why not make a big deal and send bronn when she knows he wont do it. Instead of having to send someone that would.
    2) still loves Jamie, how can she help. Why not send bronn who she knows will help protect him
    3) she actually does plan on killing one of the and using bronn as decoy.
    She might also be trying to get rid of Bronn because she knows he's loyal to Jamie. Hope that Bronn dies in the war with the wights, and he's another loose end she doesn't have to worry about. Bronn kills Jamie, he's loyal to Cersei. Bronn dies, he's gone. Win-Win for Cersei.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Anyone else think the Night King will do a Robb Stark move and send a small force of cannon fodder to the Winterfell for the "Big Battle" and he'll zip down and raise an army of dead in the south? Possibly Kings Landing?

The Lannisters did it last year when the unsullied took Casterly Rock, the Lannisters took Highgarden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Anyone else think the Night King will do a Robb Stark move and send a small force of cannon fodder to the Winterfell for the "Big Battle" and he'll zip down and raise an army of dead in the south? Possibly Kings Landing?

The Lannisters did it last year when the unsullied took Casterly Rock, the Lannisters took Highgarden.

Was wondering that myself, will they all just march south in one unstoppable undead herd or will the Nights King split his army up, sending his lieutenants off with thousands of wights to take large population centers for fresh undead recruits. I imagine for simplicity sake they'll keep them all together for one set piece battle outside Winterfell where the Nights King will meet is end, conveniently taking out all the wights in his army(as seen last season). The remainder of the season will be taking out Cersei and an episode of epilogue setting the scene for post war Westeros.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭golfball37

I 100% think Bronn is going to kill Jaime.

Cersei-850x478.jpg

It was pretty bad/obvious at the meeting with the captured Wight when bronn and pod go for a drink. Perfect example of clunky exposition by d&d

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I imagine for simplicity sake they'll keep them all together for one set piece battle outside Winterfell where the Nights King will meet is end
    Nah. Half of the main characters will die, Drogon will be killed and Dany and Jon and the rest of the army will flee south towards Cersei, who will demand they bend the knee while Jon keeps telling her that the Night King is coming and to cop herself on.

Then the Night King's two undead dragons will be taken down by the huge crossbow with dragonglass bolts on it and Jon will slay the Night King with his sword.

In the aftermath, Cersei will reveal that it was she, not Robert, who had sent the assassins to kill Dany, before killing her. Tyrion will give his life protecting Jon, who will show mercy to Cersei only to see Arya cut her throat.

No spoilers btw, that's all bull from me :p

I just don't see the Night King coming to an end in a single episode, a "last stand" at Winterfell. The undead will end up at Cersei's door eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

their off screen drama has had a large effect on the story telling

Really? How?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/bdwuse/spoilers_extended_my_night_king_is_not_stupid/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

golfball37 wrote: »
    I 100% think Bronn is going to kill Jaime.

Can't see that myself . But find it unusall he didn't travel to winterfells with Jamie as he's been his right hand man (excuse the pun) for the last series.
    Risked his life to save him from the dragon blast and never a sign of animosity towards Jamie.
    Reading the thread bang goes my theory of Bronn taking out Cersei when they return to kings landing with nothing to loose as Jamie dies in an act of honour protecting Tyrion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,251 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think its just because of the actors, Qyburn also explained his loyalty to Cersei which is probably a nod to the fact that it isnt him doing a solo run

Btw, was Qyburn hinting that Cersei might offer Bronn rewards in addition to a mound of gold, if you catch my drift, if he executes here plan? What did he say, "the queen is very generous to men who serve her loyally" or something? Even if he was, I think we can safely say that one won't ever come to pass...

Advertisement