Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Siberian Husky

crazydude wrote: »
    Changing the topic...

I wonder, considering the utter looper and racist Gemma O'Doherty has turned out to be, do former Cllr Reinhardt and re-elected Cllr Joe Kelly think they made a big mistake when they proposed and seconded her nomination for President?

How, precisely, is she a "racist"?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Oh Christ. Another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,990 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

She's a fcuking idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

She uses the usual dog whistle. She also tweeted a photo of black children and basically said Irish will become a minority in their own country etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    She's a fcuking idiot

Did you watch her walkabout around Longford Town - Waterford in a few years.

• Advertisement

vriesmays wrote:
    Did you watch her walkabout around Longford Town - Waterford in a few years.

Why would yea bother

The last census states Waterford City has two majority non-national areas - The Glen and Viking Triangle - but why would yea bother.

vriesmays wrote:
    The last census states Waterford City has two majority non-national areas - The Glen and Viking Triangle - but why would yea bother.

So?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    So?

don't feed the troll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭decies

Anyway , looking like Grace O Sullivan should get enough transfers in Ireland south to get that 4th seat .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

decies wrote: »
    Anyway , looking like Grace O Sullivan should get enough transfers in Ireland south to get that 4th seat .

4th or the 5th/ brexit seat?
    Thought it was fifth she only in running for at this stage
    Add...you are right, ni riadas votes have to be redistributed to determine 4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

decies wrote: »

Congratulations to Grace on a massive result - regardless of whether she gets 4th or 5th seat. It would be interesting to see if she'd be tempted to run in the next general election.

Fair play to SF also for not wasting any further resources by prolonging the count further into the week.

Regarding the state of play locally after the elections, are we looking at a council that's pretty much as it was except for a handful of new editions?

Lee Walsh debating WITs Jonathan Culleton with Damien Tiernan this morning. Video up on WLRFM Facebook page.

Lee Walsh debating WITs Jonathan Culleton with Damien Tiernan this morning. Video up on WLRFM Facebook page.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

hardybuck wrote: »
    Why?

I would implore anyone to listen to this interview.

"The higher the monkey climbs the more of his ass we see"

I would implore anyone to listen to this interview.

"The higher the monkey climbs the more of his ass we see"

You've piqued my interest now - but what was the context of the debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

Worth a listen - it’s 20 mins you won’t get back mind you!

hardybuck wrote: »
    You've peaked my interest now - but what was the context of the debate?

Piqued*

(I’m not usually a grammar nazi but this was one that used to catch me out too)

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Piqued*

(I’m not usually a grammar nazi but this was one that used to catch me out too)

I actually didn't know that - thanks.

I'm one of those people who hurts every time I see you, you're and your used incorrectly so I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

Their they're, it'll be ok.

• Advertisement

Grace O'Sullivan won the fourth seat. Very impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭BBM77

Plus, Think she is Waterford's first MEP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Therustynail

I think Lee Walsh is watching too much Fox News. "The race of Adam". Can someone explain evolution to him? He is completely clueless on all topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Gardner

I think Lee Walsh is watching too much Fox News. "The race of Adam". Can someone explain evolution to him? He is completely clueless on all topics.

himself and Grace O'Sullivan be a great couple :D

Gardner wrote: »
    himself and Grace O'Sullivan be a great couple :D

Are you seriously putting him in the same sentence as Grace O'Sullivan, an evidence-based climate campaigner with a Christian fundamentalist xenophobe

Am I the only person that thinks that Grace is a lovely person but not a very good politician?

She has never impressed me in the Seanad and seems to get bossed by the men in the Oireachtas. I hope that I’m proved wrong but too often MEPs go to Europe and we don’t hear tell of them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Gardner

Are you seriously putting him in the same sentence as Grace O'Sullivan, an evidence-based climate campaigner with a Christian fundamentalist xenophobe

no there both poor politicians and mostly talk ****e. i agree with DLS75. dshe is very poor. she will be shown up big time in Europe.

Tramore will be impressed with the Greens when it gets another direct provision centre.

Gardner wrote:
    no there both poor politicians and mostly talk ****e. i agree with DLS75. dshe is very poor. she will be shown up big time in Europe.

With the up surge in green votes across Europe, she might just do okay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

vriesmays wrote: »
    Tramore will be impressed with the Greens when it gets another direct provision centre.

Explain that to me.

Advertisement