Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Just goes to show you that a good businessman has absolutely nothing of an indicator as to how good or bad you will be in politics. It's as if they think making monkey makes you insightful and intelligent.

Of course not, but you would think that with his 'famed business acumen' :rolleyes: he would at least have been thinking ahead and had an well planned efficient campaign, and campaign team, ready to roll

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

There are too many migrants in the country. Nothing against them as most come to work and live a normal family life. It's just that there are too many.
    Australia and Canada set a limit every year and have a skilla shortage list. We should do the same.
    We need migrants to fill jobs and help the country grow but you can have too much of a good thing.

A bit of sensible thinking needed

• Registered Users Posts: 67,072 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The idiot went on RTE radio in the past hour. He was asked that now his political run was unsuccessful would he consider doing something towards helping alleviate housing shortages in this country.

His response...

I have.

I bought fifteen houses.

And rented them out (no mention of affordability mind)

And he sold them on about five years ago (speculation, part of the problem, not the solution)

And they were in Derry.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I heard that interview...he continually got his arse handed to him by somebody in the Green party who had command and possession of those annoying little things in Caseyworld called 'facts'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I heard that interview...he continually got his arse handed to him by somebody in the Green party who had command and possession of those annoying little things in Caseyworld called 'facts'.

That was Grace O'Sullivan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Blueshoe wrote: »
    There are too many migrants in the country. Nothing against them as most come to work and live a normal family life. It's just that there are too many.
    Australia and Canada set a limit every year and have a skilla shortage list. We should do the same.
    We need migrants to fill jobs and help the country grow but you can have too much of a good thing.

Is it not well documented that we have a skills shortage again now and employers are trying to lure ex-pats back home........?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,644 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wants to ban single use plastics and no posters up, sounds like a green candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Is it not well documented that we have a skills shortage again now and employers are trying to lure ex-pats back home........?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Road-Hog wrote: »

That or a wannabe low wage economy?

Road-Hog wrote: »

Then more should come in until we don't. If they are needed keep them coming.

I presume those are skilled jobs only though? We don't need to bring in people without any of the skills and qualifications that are required

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Peter Casey has left the building

gozunda wrote: »
    That or a wannabe low wage economy?

Would that not make it harder to run the country?
    More expensive to run. Less tax take more healthcare cost higher welfare cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Would that not make it harder to run the country?
    More expensive to run. Less tax take more healthcare cost higher welfare cost.

Do you think those paying low wages are worried about that?

gozunda wrote: »
    Do you think those paying low wages are worried about that?

It would suit some employers alright but it's the government who set immigration policy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Ahwell

It would suit some employers alright but it's the government who set immigration policy

Not entirely, we did vote for free movement of persons, goods, services and capital within the EU.

EUElection wrote: »
    Best prediction in the thread. Hoping for it is the most that can be done for it.

All over red rover now. Neither happened. What would you like me to say?

Ahwell wrote: »
    Not entirely, we did vote for free movement of persons, goods, services and capital within the EU.

That's true. So Ireland has no control over it immigration policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Hope Peter Casey now pisses off into oblivion.

Why would he? He was last man standing for a seat, it's not a disaster. He might look back at it now, consider having posters next time and refine his ideas.

FF would have a seat at f they brought him in. He was as green as a candidate as the Greens with no posters and his single use plastics stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

He will get in next time, 3rd time lucky and all that. I would advise him to contest down in Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why would he? He was last man standing for a seat, it's not a disaster. He might look back at it now, consider having posters next time and refine his ideas.

FF would have a seat at f they brought him in. He was as green as a candidate as the Greens with no posters and his single use plastics stance.
    Sorry what was his single use plastic stance?
    The only thing I heard about was him taking the piss out of some of the green people for having plastic bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Economy is at full employment. We have no issues with migration.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 33,076 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Just goes to show you that a good businessman has absolutely nothing of an indicator as to how good or bad you will be in politics. It's as if they think making monkey makes you insightful and intelligent.

Of course not, but you would think that with his 'famed business acumen' :rolleyes: he would at least have been thinking ahead and had an well planned efficient campaign, and campaign team, ready to roll
    Nope. Thats not a business plan. That's a logical plan. There's a difference.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Dublin is not Ireland

gmisk wrote:
    Sorry what was his single use plastic stance? The only thing I heard about was him taking the piss out of some of the green people for having plastic bottles.

He wants to ban single use plastics.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Can you tell me how many people have been moved out of social welfare onto courses? They get paid the same money or slightly more as they do on the jobseekers and sit in a course two days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He wants to ban single use plastics.
    I didn't see evidence of that anywhere.
    All I can see is that he hinted about wanting to tax single use plastic. No word of a ban, bar saying he wanted to ban plastic posters.

To be entirely honest on a personal level I think he comes across as a decent sort of bloke. At least in the presidential debate he was honest on some topics.
    I don't think however he strikes me as being in any way a good politician/president or MEP.
    He seems to get easily flustered and muddled when debating. He was really very poor on prime time the other night.

His trolling of a Ming parody account was bizarre, I also don't like someone who seems to change his stance so readily on Ireland's place in the EU.

Having said all that, he would be mad not to attempt a run at being a TD, he could make it with a good campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Can you tell me how many people have been moved out of social welfare onto courses? They get paid the same money or slightly more as they do on the jobseekers and sit in a course two days a week.

I would imagine those courses are five days a week. My local VTOS was 20 years ago 9-5pm, same in Roscommon and Boyle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

gmisk wrote: »

Having said all that, he would be mad not to attempt a run at being a TD, he could make it with a good campaign.

He could set up a party a run people in places he polled well in the presidential election and they could end up with speaking rights in the dail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement