Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Did Peter Casey get a seat?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

fin12 wrote: »

From those transfers on the post above yours, no.

Thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

He's 5th, nearly 13K behind Walsh. Feeling is he won't make it.

is_that_so wrote: »
    He's 5th, nearly 13K behind Walsh. Feeling is he won't make it.

I’m not in that constituency so I don’t know, but how many seats were going?

I’m not in that constituency so I don’t know, but how many seats were going?
    There are 4 of them. Ming will get second one and should be Carthy & Walsh for the last two.

• Advertisement

There are 4 of them. Ming will get second one and should be Carthy & Walsh for the last two.

Thanks, pity would have liked to see him being elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I wouldn't bet on Matt Carthy taking a seat.

Gael23 wrote: »
    Currently 21K ahead of 5th suggests that it's more likely he will

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Walsh is no addition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Walsh is no addition.

Agree, she said she's strong on Environment and then dodged questions when asked what volunteer groups or NGO's - policies she's been apart of ! She will do well in Europe so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Walsh is no addition.

Let's see.
    CV reads...

Won the lovely girls competition
    Got hair dyed
    Went out and voted for the abortion amendment

Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Seeing Frances Fitzgerald getting in is 10000% worse then Walsh. I will say that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Walsh is no addition.

Let's see.
    CV reads...

Won the lovely girls competition
    Got hair dyed
    Went out and voted for the abortion amendment

Anything else?
    Yeah. Was rude and shouted down other candidates on TV.

Met Peter Casey about 6 weeks ago. Hes one of the nicest most sincere people I've ever met.

Met Peter Casey about 6 weeks ago. Hes one of the nicest most sincere people I've ever met. Yeah. Supports lgbtwrswpniimdm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ah jaysus Maria, dress up a bit, you're a fine looking lass.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

It's a bit of a pity that they're all useless cúntß

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Seeing Frances Fitzgerald getting in is 10000% worse then Walsh. I will say that
    Fine Gael could run a donkey it would still get votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So could most of the parties, but it tells you far more about the voters than the parties.

Anyway: it appears that travelers is not a pressing issue for the people in said constituency, so Casey might have miscalculated a bit. Should have gone with the environment or legalising cannabis in his speeches instead.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Could he not have run in the Limerick constituency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Gael23 wrote: »

But then we won't see scumbags running around with Tricolours and shouting "Up the Ra"
    Not too much of that this time

• Registered Users Posts: 32,251 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Met Peter Casey about 6 weeks ago. Hes one of the nicest most sincere people I've ever met. Yeah. Supports lgbtwrswpniimdm
    Supports what?
    Come again?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Walsh is no addition.

Great looker but absolutely useless on the tv debate. So bad it was laughable at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Avril Doyle wing of FG got Fitzgerald in

Insufferable grand dame of the party

They did with Gay Mitchell and he didn't! Candidates just need to be perceived to be better than what they are running against.

Great looker but absolutely useless on the tv debate. So bad it was laughable at times.
    The standards we set people! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Could he not have run in the Limerick constituency?

Can't achieve much via the council there. Unless you meant the South constituency. He would be foregoing his NW base entirely. Would not work. I don't think he is all about the Traveller entitlement issue as the press like to suggest. Anyway, I think his stance on that issue was merely indicative of a novel willingness to call a spade a spade, "basically camping on someone else's land". That attitude is required across a whole range of issues.

I would have like for him to win. But the sour grapes thought comes to mind that he would be lost in Brussels and do nothing for Ireland. The presidential thing was much the same. He needs to look at the Dáil and call out some BS going on there.

topper75 wrote: »
    Can't achieve much via the council there. Unless you meant the South constituency. He would be foregoing his NW base entirely. Would not work. I don't think he is all about the Traveller entitlement issue as the press like to suggest. Anyway, I think his stance on that issue was merely indicative of a novel willingness to call a spade a spade, "basically camping on someone else's land". That attitude is required across a whole range of issues.

I would have like for him to win. But the sour grapes thought comes to mind that he would be lost in Brussels and do nothing for Ireland. The presidential thing was much the same. He needs to look at the Dáil and call out some BS going on there.
    Donegal would be extremely competitive. He'd struggle there as well. Voters may have got fed up with him by then as well. A similar FPV would probably put him in for a seat based on the last election but you'd expect SF to get it right next time and not run three. He'd probably be after the Pringle seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

topper75 wrote: »
    I don't think he is all about the Traveller entitlement issue as the press like to suggest. Anyway, I think his stance on that issue was merely indicative of a novel willingness to call a spade a spade,.

He would have called it a tool with a sharp-edged, typically rectangular, metal blade and a long handle if his handlers had told him that was the best way to make a splash in the presidential race...

• Advertisement

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement