Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Also hard to credit is people prepared to elect politicians who refuse to sit in parliament. It's not just this country that is a bit mad.

McElvaney re-elected in Monaghan too.
    More Macarena tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

GoneHome wrote: »
    He'll do the same for me if he gets elected this time round :p

Ah you've lost your few bob, wouldn't be counting on that to get you through the week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

GoneHome wrote: »
    He'll do the same for me if he gets elected this time round :p

Not much hope I’m afraid, can’t see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Leo and Simon are licking their lips at these results.

Watch out, they will try and pull a general election out of Micheal Martin first and if that doesn't work they'll pull the plug themselves.

The Greens are the only party they can go into coalition without getting criticised, Sinn Fein no, FF no, Labour - won't get enough support, same with soc dems etc.

But Leo etc. will assume everyone wants climate action so they'll vote the greens hard in the general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,883 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

McAvinney re-elected in Monaghan too.
    More Macarena tonight.

McElvaney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

pinkyeye wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't for one second believe he's a millionaire. If he is why is he running for every thing he can throw his hat at? It sure as hell isn't a love for Ireland that's driving him.

Also, when asked if he'd give his salary away he said he'd pay for his children's education first. If he's a multi-millionaire surely that's already paid for?? :rolleyes:

He said if he was elected as President he would not take his salary unlike the people's hero Higgins who is treated like some sort of God in the media.
    Who pay for their kids education in advance anyway.

But Leo etc. will assume everyone wants climate action so they'll vote the greens hard in the general election.

If you vote hard, it counts twice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

If you vote hard, it counts twice.
    Ya need Beef to Vote Hard !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Ah you've lost your few bob, wouldn't be counting on that to get you through the week. :D

Bread and water for the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

mgn wrote: »
    He said if he was elected as President he would not take his salary unlike the people's hero Higgins who is treated like some sort of God in the media.
    Who pay for their kids education in advance anyway.

Plenty of people have trusts set up to pay for their childrens education. Particularly so called "millionaires".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Plenty of people have trusts set up to pay for their childrens education. Particularly so called "millionaires".

Has he a chance of getting a euro seat....?

No time for the guy in any case.

C u Next Tuesday in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I want Casey in the Dail, not bloody europe! I take it that he wont win a seat?

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I want Casey in the Dail, not bloody europe! I take it that he wont win a seat?

No,cant see it.

mgn wrote: »
    No,cant see it.

delighted, he can be far better used as a voice amongst the 166 waste of space in the Dail, I can see him doing ludicrous things like standing up for workers in there, totally off the wall stuff :rolleyes:

delighted, he can be far better used as a voice amongst the 166 waste of space in the Dail, I can see him doing ludicrous things like standing up for workers in there, totally off the wall stuff :rolleyes:

You can't say things like that here.

Where did you get 166 from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Where did you get 166 from?

159 seats in dail is ‘their’ not

Road-Hog wrote: »

159 in that case!

Road-Hog wrote: »

There is not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    That's 16 years ago.

He was in the greens back then too.
    Pure conman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

159 in that case!

Does the Ceann Comhairle count as a seat Shane?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Casey would be doing well to win a seat in a Dáil election either. His approach and communication is poxy, 'hi I'm m a big noise in Murica and was on the telly, want to harass some travellers with me? His nearest existing template is Michael Lowry and Lowry has a 40 year history and a Tipperary mafia behind him. Casey would need that to crack the FF FG and SF organisations in Donegal (even Thomas Pringle is SF diaspora), and he's starting from nowhere.

He could carefully choose another rural territory where a big dog in the centre right may be retiring, but nowhere springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Does the Ceann Comhairle count as a seat Shane?

Its 158 including An CC

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Casey would be doing well to win a seat in a Dáil election either. His approach and communication is poxy, 'hi I'm m a big noise in Murica and was on the telly, want to harass some travellers with me? His nearest existing template is Michael Lowry and Lowry has a 40 year history and a Tipperary mafia behind him. Casey would need that to crack the FF FG and SF organisations in Donegal (even Thomas Pringle is SF diaspora), and he's starting from nowhere.

He could carefully choose another rural territory where a big dog in the centre right may be retiring, but nowhere springs to mind.

He could have a go at Sligo Leitrim. Which takes in part of Donegal and half of Cavan. Currently two FF, one FG and one SF. They are mostly simple folk who are easily led:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Larbre34 wrote: »

He'd get elected to the Dail in either Roscommon south Leitrim or Longford Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thank god your in a minority of people.

Always amazing what sort of fringe lunatic shams people are willing to back.

I could literally parrot two populist things to you and you'd follow me down the street

Excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Has he ever mentioned workers rights? Struggling to see him as a champion of workers

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

listermint wrote:
    Thank god your in a minority of people.
    You don't seem to understand that it's not about the candidate, it's about sending a message to the government because they aren't listening to the electorate. The more stupid the guy is the better so they get the message that it's about the message and not the candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

eagle eye wrote: »
    You don't seem to understand that it's not about the candidate, it's about sending a message to the government because they aren't listening to the electorate. The more stupid the guy is the better so they get the message that it's about the message and not the candidate.

No that's idiotic.

You want to send a message the talk to your councillor talk to your TD talk to your minister.

You don't send a message by sending a random gom off for a nice pension. You send nothing with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

eagle eye wrote: »

If the 'guy' can't get himself elected, are we allowed to take that as a 'message' as well?
    This is his 3rd time attempting to be elected to something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement