Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭Augme

mgn wrote: »
    Augme wrote: »
    Looks like it's goinf to be an embarrassing, but not surprising, result of for Peter Casey.

It's no surprise that he won't get elected,why is embarrassing.

He lost the run of himself after the presidential election. This is what he said straight after the election.

“I am joining Fianna Fáil. I intend to run in the next general election in Donegal and I am going to become a Fianna Fáil TD — with a view to becoming Taoiseach at the head of a renewed and revitalised Fianna Fáil."

Fianna fail told his to piss off and now the electorate has as well. Given he had such loft ambitions this result is humiliating for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If Casey sticks to matters local he'll fare much better. Lesson learned.

If he is going to stand in Donegal, he will need to come up with some gimmick to satisfy the locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

If he is going to stand in Donegal, he will need to come up with some gimmick to satisfy the locals.

Or bring some jobs to the local area.You might be surprised with the contacts he has around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Or bring some jobs to the local area.You might be surprised with the contacts he has around the world.
    Afair he got his highest % in the Presidential election in Tipperary. Options?

• Advertisement

He will need to get the jobs in before the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Gimmick, gimmick, gimmick, a seat after midnight...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,398 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Agreed,I think the European Election was just to keep profile up before the next GE.

Ah so this is the line now :D

Knew there would be a solid excuse to help the "peoples champion."

• Advertisement

Augme wrote: »
    He lost the run of himself after the presidential election. This is what he said straight after the election.

“I am joining Fianna F. I intend to run in the next general election in Donegal and I am going to become a Fianna F TD — with a view to becoming Taoiseach at the head of a renewed and revitalised Fianna F."

Fianna fail told his to piss off and now the electorate has as well. Given he had such loft ambitions this result is humiliating for him.

He done better that Fianna Fail in this election.The have politicians around for donkey years yet he done better than them.So if anybody is humiliated now its Fianna Fail.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ah so this is the line now :D

Knew there would be a solid excuse to help the "peoples champion."

Do mind sharing who your champion is?

He done better that Fianna Fail in this election.The have politicians around for donkey years yet he done better than them.So if anybody is humiliated now its Fianna Fail.

I still don't think they will let him join the party. Especially since he wants to unseat their leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I still don't think they will let him join the party. Especially since he wants to unseat their leader.

Vote management could work, SF Pearse D was almost unseated in 2016 when they tried to to run 3 candidates. If not in Brussels, Casey will be in next Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Contacts around the world

Ffs.

He's a second rate businessman

Do people actually fall for this ballax

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Hard to believe people ridicule Casey while Maria Walsh is going without any mention at all. Walsh is a worse embarassment, Casey at the very least put money to go for president while Walsh has been AWOL for years and turns up on the eve of the election looking for a big salary because her money has dried up.

**** it, be selfish, vote for Lowry, vote for the Healy Raes, you might get a few roads out of it or something while you're at it.

11/12 years since the crash and these fools still getting voted in.

Walsh has been AWOL for years

Are you in orbit? She only entered politics recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

listermint wrote: »

Ffs.

He’s not a politician at all but he got 23% of the vote in the Presidential Election from nowhere just for highlighting the things other politicians are afraid to even mention AND he made a nice wee packet for me in the bookies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The dinosaurs should have voted greens.

They might be still here today.
    They were taxed to death by the Greens . Served them right for voting for the Greens .

Ffs.

I don't know any second rate businessmen that are millionaires.
    To make a few million you have to know what your at or else win the lotto.
    The a closer look at the rest of the candidates and see what the have achieved in their lives.The done sweet F*uk all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Are you in orbit? She only entered politics recently.

Exactly. Where was she for the years in between the last contest? What campaigns was she fighting for? What boards did she sit on? What has she done for her community?

I highly doubt she knew what CAP stood for 6 months ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The only swing connected to FG is the one Maria Bailey was on.
    And Unsupervised , that went tits up !

If he gets elected he might have some interesting interaction with SIPO. Tax compliance would be the first item on the agenda.

https://www.sipo.ie/en/

He’s not a politician at all but he got 23% of the vote in the Presidential Election from nowhere just for highlighting the things other politicians are afraid to even mention AND he made a nice wee packet for me in the bookies.

We've been through this before. It's called populism any edgit can do it. Prey on people's fears and insecurities with pretend answers. Not hard

I'd expected people were wise to that even long term posters having a bit more cop on to see through that.

The a closer look at the rest of the candidates and see what the have achieved in their lives.The done sweet F*uk all.

You don't know any second rate businessmen with millions in their pockets.

Ireland is strewn with them

It doesn't meant they have any pull or international clout.

Ballax as I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't for one second believe he's a millionaire. If he is why is he running for every thing he can throw his hat at? It sure as hell isn't a love for Ireland that's driving him.

Also, when asked if he'd give his salary away he said he'd pay for his children's education first. If he's a multi-millionaire surely that's already paid for?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hard to believe people ridicule Casey while Maria Walsh is going without any mention at all. Walsh is a worse embarassment, Casey at the very least put money to go for president while Walsh has been AWOL for years and turns up on the eve of the election looking for a big salary because her money has dried up.

**** it, be selfish, vote for Lowry, vote for the Healy Raes, you might get a few roads out of it or something while you're at it.

11/12 years since the crash and these fools still getting voted in.

Sure there's a guy up here in Donegal who is on video accepting bribes, yet he got voted in again.

That's the kind of people who are given the vote ffs.

Same ones will be on next week moaning about other politicians.

Couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We've been through this before. It's called populism any edgit can do it. Prey on people's fears and insecurities with pretend answers. Not hard

I'd expected people were wise to that even long term posters having a bit more cop on to see through that.

Maybe but I was amazed how Leo never mentioned the reason he got 23% yet is harping on all day about the Greens 7/8% and how he needs to work on green issues. Amazed.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sure there's a guy up here in Donegal who is on video accepting bribes, yet he got voted in again.

That's the kind of people who are given the vote ffs.

Same ones will be on next week moaning about other politicians.

Couldn't make it up.

Also hard to credit is people prepared to elect politicians who refuse to sit in parliament. It's not just this country that is a bit mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

he made a nice wee packet for me in the bookies.

He'll do the same for me if he gets elected this time round :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement