Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Setting it to disabled looks like the answer because there were definitely weird stutters and error pop ups when scrolling through the unavailable channels while recording, on my fathers old Ariva 250 they just disappear, Ill give that a try later thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭redoctober

Hi Swoofer,

Haven't had a chance to look at this since. The channels I had and now missing are: Sky Mix, ITV Be, news channels: Al Jazeera, GB news; now ITV 4+1 and ITV 3+1 seem to be gone. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Have you scanned 28.2 and found over 800+ channels?

Stop going into epg , go into the channel as you should have a long list and choose from there to see if listed and working.

If dish has moved signal could be lowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭swoofer

Ok here is the defenitive way to find a channel that disappears and Al Jazeera is a good example. You need to find the new frequency so to do that you use

kingofsat, this has a continuous list of updated channels but you just need one Al Jazerra so go here

Now enter Al Jazeera HD in the channel search box on top left and hit zap, and as Al Jazeera is on more than one sat scroll down to 28 East and read the new parameters.

To input to box do this MENU SETUP TUNERS & SCANNING , press OK arrow down to signal finder and press OK. Now you will see signal a signal bar and below the tuner A and it will say predefined transponder but you want to enter a new transponder so arrow down and hit right arrow now it becomes user defined so you can change all the entries. Al Jazeera is DVB-S2 so toggle that, under system, enter new frequency , make it vertical, symbol is 23000, inversion toggle and make it auto, same for FEC make auto. Now that menu has 2 screens when its DVB-S2 so arrow down modulation make it 8psk, roll off make it auto same for inversion, leave transport stream as is ie dont touch. Press green to scan and wait. You will get more than one channel but you want Al Jaz so select that and hit ok. Channel Opens , hit ok and arrow up, press menu and arrow down to 7 Add service press ok and all your bouquets jump up , select news press ok and its added and menu goes back to last scanned. Next bit is putting Al Jaz in right place so press blue button , go to news and Al Jazzera will be at end so scroll down to it and press menu, press red to enable move mode Press OK on Al Jaz and it will turn red now with arrow up or down you can move it to where you want and when done press OK . NB you are still in move mode so press menu press red and voila job done.

All your missing channels are still available just changed parameters and there is a sticky at the top of this thread that lists the new frequencies so you dont need to search. The tricky bit can be DVB-S and DVB-S2 and people forget.

this is the sticky and much thanks to the poster

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058333937/free-to-air-tuning-guide-jan-2024#latest

give it a go and say how you got on.

• Advertisement

Not sure what you mean there greasepalm. Normally newly scanned channels should appear in the EPG view no? Lately I can see the channels coming up as they're scanned but then they don't show up in the EPG view. There's a folder there for last scanned but it's empty. Previous scans would have been there.

What do you mean "go into the channel"?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Bellie1

Delete delete

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

Is anyone else having trouble getting GB news? There's 2 different frequencies I've found online but just cannot get it tuned in since last year. I know it's not a popular channel with people here but there are a few shows on it that I like. TIA 🤔🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

GB News 11670 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

For future reference KingOfSat is a good site for checking if anything has changed. In the middle of the screen select SORTED BY :- DATE to bring most recent changes to the top of the list.

That is one I tried already but doesn't work. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Try this 11671 H, dvb-s2, 23000, 2/3, 8psk. Use signal finder and when you pit in DVB-S2 you have 2 pages, scroll to put in 8 psk, When i use kingofsat I use the search box . top left. gb news moved to be more accessible over europe.

come back if confused

• Registered Users Posts: 20,799 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It is a weak transponder on my system, 9 dB compared to some of the strong ones 17 dB. It might be a signal issue if your set up is less than perfect. You could check if you are getting signals on all of the transponders on the King of Sat list, or the Lnygsat list which might be a bit easier to read.

Check on the menus what signal readings you are getting. The first one on the list 10714 H is very strong with me, but they are all SD channels. I find that HD channels like GB News are more prone to suffer if the signal is weak.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

Thanks but still no luck. Only one page still when I put in 8psk

Thanks. Yes you are right it is very weak. Still no luck getting it. It's not the end of the world at all.

here is a pic, what box are you using and the image.

are you using signal finder

Pics of the tuning bit as well. If no signal lnb dodgy or cable at rear

Yes using signal finder on zgemma h7s. It's the only channel that I cannot seem to get since I think November last. Thanks

when you put the details in you need to wait a few secs. and what is the image you are using?

I have more than one box and this is it on the Zgemma H7S with Openvix image its the same frequency as CNN!!

Well at least its gettable on the Zgemma

Im using the one like sky can't think of the name. When I put in all of those details it flashes 38 to 40 db but when I scan no channels found. Every other channel I want is working fine. I was even able to retune itv3+1 and itv4+1 without any problems over the weekend when they disappeared.

As Swoofer says it is a very weak signal. It's possible your dish is just far enough off alignment to stop the box getting a lock on it.

It is the same TP as EarthXTV and CNN International.

ahha can you go to menu information and read off what it says under image. I cant get to zgemma for rest of morning but once I know image I may be able to figure it out.

can you get CNN

• Advertisement

I think you are right. There was a storm around the time I lost it so that would make sense. I can live without it. Thanks to everybody for the suggestions. I'm going to head out now and make the most of the bank holiday :-)

GB News moved TP on 8 Nov 2023

It's the curse of digital TV it either works or doesn't. There's no real middle ground, if the signal is not good enough.

Image is 6.3.007 (release). No I can't get cnn either but I never had that added anyways.

Ah you have you answer tap dish etc . enjoy the BH

• Registered Users Posts: 20,799 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In the longer term it might be a good idea to get someone to check out the dish, LNB and cabling. There are over 300 Free to Air channels, and a lot of them are on weak transponders. E.g. 11112 H 22000, Gems TV and 13 other mostly Asian channels. Not stuff you want probably, but only 6 dB on my system which is very weak.

Another bit of bad weather and you might lose Channel 5 HD which is only slightly stronger than GB News with me.

Thanks for the tip. I will ask my tv guy to check it out. There was a lot of work done on the cabling etc over the past year. But I do think the dish moved in a storm. I like channel 5 so wouldn't like to lose that.

And depending where you are you may only have a Zone 1 dish, whereas a Zone 2 is bigger and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

If you're only getting a 9db SNR on that transponder, then something is not quite right IMO - that transponder along with 11224 V (NHK World) & 11509 V (Al Jazeera) are the three weakest transponders I receive from 28E, but even on a day like now which is cloudy with light drizzle I'm getting ~12.0db SNR on each of the three transponders - this is with a Sky Zone 1 Mk4 dish using an appropriate Technomate Quad LNB for Sky dishes, connected to an Octagon SF8008 with ~15 metres of WF100 coax. If I was using a Zone 2 dish instead, I'd expect the SNR to be an additional ~1.5-2.0db better again on all transponders. This is in Co. Tyrone, might be a little different in the far west/south-west fringes but I wouldn't expect much different results in most of Ireland.

All three transponders mentioned are broadcasting from Astra 2G using the European beam and have a minimum SNR requirement of 6.6db for reception - if they're only coming in at 9db on a clear day then there's not a huge amount of room for rain fade there IMO.

Thanks for all that swoofer. It worked for al Jazeera anyway. Will try for the others. Thanks again

• Advertisement

Thanks again @swoofer . Got sorted with the other channels too....finally back to normal after many months of having problems with hard drives and missing channels....

Advertisement