Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

mfceiling wrote: »
    Being a nordie myself Nev I've been delighted to follow this thread and to slip a few of these great descriptive words into my vocabulary.

Rural tyrone folk would also have a few of their own.

"The runs"....the skitter, the scour, tar, burnt gravy, black gold.

"Regular toilet use"...I have to bale. I'm away to tip the cart. I've cable to lay.

If you fart you can follow up with "speak now you're through Mrs Brown"...."that yoke is working fierce well since I got her fixed"..."bit more choke and she'll start".

Feel free to use away at them.

'Yobble' is another beautiful word I have learnt from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

There is many many new words - and expressions... just of the top of my head:

Midden
    Streal of scutter
    scour
    arse slurry
    Like a bolt of otters diving off a riverbank
    left the pan like the goal mouth of Derby FC in the 60s
    sounded like a box of old boots been thrown down a lift shaft
    sounded like a box of old boots been thrown out of an attic ....

so many ...

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Graupels of schitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Drittle another lovely evocative phrase.

Pebble Dash the pewter!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Ush1 wrote: »
    Drittle another lovely evocative phrase.

Indeed ..as in

"Arter a savage feed of Bombay Mix I blasted the pan with Gouts of runny drittle"

Dosn't leave much to the imag. for sure !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Was up Nordie way a while back on important company business and after negotiations concluded the chit chat turned to sh1ttery /toilet etiquette and other important topics of the day.

My Nordie customer told he was minded of the day when he "spundered" a blast of loose sh1te in the company traps which hit the back of the pan like a can of picked whelks.

I thought the expression "Spundered" was very descriptive and I reciprocated with a couple of stories in which the words "Fent" and "Midden" featured strongly.

He was very taken with these descriptives and said he was delighted to have them added to his sh1ttery vocab...as apparently it's not easy to identify genuine scat fans north of the border.

A very profitable business day I may add.......
    A great example of the benefits of the Peace Process.

A great example of the benefits of the Peace Process.

Indeed ! and one I should have recognised

Thanks to :

Bertie
    John
    Bill
    Seamus
    Big Ian
    Tony
    Mo
    Albert

And many more who, amongst their other great deeds, facilitated the civilised discussion of sh1ttery /lavatorial etiquette and many of the other norms and idiosyncrasies that attend the dropping of a good sh1te.

Probably not something they intended and perhaps are unaware of...but no less important for that.

I dedicate my next sh1te to these worthy people....some..alas who have passed round the S bend...thank you my friends...may you passage through the bowel of life be smooth and your demise as gentle as a slow closing toilet seat.

N. P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Fccwontletmebe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Indeed ! and one I should have recognised

Thanks to :

Bertie
    John
    Bill
    Seamus
    Big Ian
    Tony
    Mo
    Albert

And many more who, amongst their other great deeds, facilitated the civilised discussion of sh1ttery /lavatorial etiquette and many of the other norms and idiosyncrasies that attend the dropping of a good sh1te.

Probably not something they intended and perhaps are unaware of...but no less important for that.

I dedicate my next sh1te to these worthy people....some..alas who have passed round the S bend...thank you my friends...may you passage through the bowel of life be smooth and your demise as gentle as a slow closing toilet seat.

N. P.

Try and do them justice Nevin,with a shiny ‘King Edward’ nicely reticulated with chick peas and Brazil nuts.

Don’t leave your usual pile of arse mince and butt gravy spread oer the pan with the bang of cheap Polish lager seeping up and the furniture looking like a map of the Philippines.

Great men deserve a solid baton.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Try and do them justice Nevin,with a shiny ‘King Edward’ nicely reticulated with chick peas and Brazil nuts.

Don’t leave your usual pile of arse mince and butt gravy spread oer the pan with the bang of cheap Polish lager seeping up and the furniture looking like a map of the Philippines.

Great men deserve a solid baton.

I’ll drink to that. In fact I’ve been drinking since about 3.30.

Had a bit of an incident in the cinema last night. Went to see 1917 with herself. Went for a large nacho and coke combo with extra jalapeños and that radioactive cheese sauce. Wasn’t an hour into the movie and serious gas was starting to build up. Would cock the arse away from her and try to slowly seep them out - was a successful strategy.

Anyways there’s a bit in the movie where the screen goes dark and there’s no sounds. What happens, but I let out a comically loud fart - one of those ones that cause your arse cheeks to flutter. Loud and proud.

Cue people muttering, turning around to look at me, one old dear audibly going ‘Jesus, you animal’. Herself looked over at me, gave me a sorrowful stare, and walked out of the cinema. Had to spend the night in the spare bedroom and getting the cold treatment since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Well, based on the information provided above, I'm afraid your situation is going to get worse before it gets better!

I pity the poor cleaner that had to clean your seat Johnny, the cushion must be damp with the sharts ... filthy kernt ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had a bit of an incident in the cinema last night. Went to see 1917 with herself. Went for a large nacho and coke combo with extra jalapeños and that radioactive cheese sauce. Wasn’t an hour into the movie and serious gas was starting to build up. Would cock the arse away from her and try to slowly seep them out - was a successful strategy.

Anyways there’s a bit in the movie where the screen goes dark and there’s no sounds. What happens, but I let out a comically loud fart - one of those ones that cause your arse cheeks to flutter. Loud and proud.

Cue people muttering, turning around to look at me, one old dear audibly going ‘Jesus, you animal’. Herself looked over at me, gave me a sorrowful stare, and walked out of the cinema. Had to spend the night in the spare bedroom and getting the cold treatment since.

Jaysus, that sounds rough....was the film any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I’d say everyone was quite shell-shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Dr Strange wrote: »
    I’d say everyone was quite shell-shocked.

Smell-shocked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'd say none of the cinema going patrons expected the 4D experience with John dispersing the Mustard Gas. I'd say they all felt like they were in the trenches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I’ll take Colonel Mustard in the study with a can of baked beans.

I could hear my farts through the baby monitor last night. I was down in the sitting room and the poor baby was asleep upstairs. I was fairly letting rip and could hear them through the monitor. I don't know how the poor child wasn't woken.

The missus was not impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There's an old West-Country rhyme, best recited in a classic Wurzel Gummidge accent:

When Oi larfs, Oi's fart.
    When Oi farts, Oi's larf.
    Oi loikes larfing, Oi do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

I could hear my farts through the baby monitor last night. I was down in the sitting room and the poor baby was asleep upstairs. I was fairly letting rip and could hear them through the monitor. I don't know how the poor child wasn't woken.

The missus was not impressed.
    Ffs, has she no sense of fun?

Ffs, has she no sense of fun?

I know!! I find my bombastic farts to be hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just back from a week in Barbados, once again I was struck by the bad influence the yanks have on other nations toilets; they too have the ludicrously high water level in their jacks, with the huge elongated pan were the contents of your arse eagerly awaits your approval on standing up.

After the first night which consisted of literally litres of bloody marys, pina coladas and half a kilo of fried shrimp, I believe I sh**ted for a good 30 seconds solid the following morning without as much as blip of hesitation. It was unbelievable, I stood up and exclaimed "JESUS CHRIST" at the sheer volume of logs in the pan.

We've hit on this before, not sure if the Irish pan hides half the load from us, if the American style bog just displays more of it or if there is just stacks of food and drink consumed when an Irishman is in proximity to these jacks but either way they should be banned. No one wants to be met with such a sight.

From that point onwards i'd gently lift off the seat a few inches and hit the flush without as much as a peek and settle down for another few minutes.
    And as for taking a slash into the high water level, you end up with splashes of p1ss all over the floor, walls, legs, shoes; absolute madness.
    Disgraceful devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Caught on the throne with jocks round my ankles earlier this afternoon as I forgot to lock the door to the disabled toilets in the office.

Luckily was a lad - we both got a fright but thankfully he opened the door, saw me then closed it.

Could have been worse I guess, could have been a female, could have been in the middle of whacking one out or worse still deep in concentration laying a hard cable.

Must remember to turn that lock!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Caught on the throne with jocks round my ankles earlier this afternoon as I forgot to lock the door to the disabled toilets in the office.

Luckily was a lad - we both got a fright but thankfully he opened the door, saw me then closed it.

Could have been worse I guess, could have been a female, could have been in the middle of whacking one out or worse still deep in concentration laying a hard cable.

Must remember to turn that lock!

I’m strongly considering contacting a senior Mod or even a higher dude to have you site banned for admitting that elementary mistake live on this thread.

Absolute first move on entering a trap- turn the frikken lock.

What if you were caught top-decking the place?

Completely un-professional.

I’m strongly considering contacting a senior Mod or even a higher dude to have you site banned for admitting that elementary mistake live on this thread.

Absolute first move on entering a trap- turn the frikken lock.

What if you were caught top-decking the place?

Completely un-professional.

I have no idea how I managed not to lock the door when entering - first time (and will be the last time) ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Fireball81 wrote: »
    I have no idea how I managed not to lock the door when entering - first time (and will be the last time) ever.

Were you on the phone?

Were you on the phone?

Not while walking in, just wasnt concentrating.

Was on phone when disturbed.

• Advertisement

Bulled out a huge chump of sour puddin...while watchin the elekkie results ...fcukin Shinners has a lot to answer for.

Fcukin bang off the log was rank...really toxic.. I am a bit concerned.....

Advertisement