Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

That was just under 5 grand but don't feel bad I sold XRP and then it shot up like literally seconds after I sold it and kept rising since then.

Did you sell it all at once or hold onto some in case it went higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    Did you sell it all at once or hold onto some in case it went higher?

I sold the lot of XRP. 1499 of them so wasn't too many. I got around €780 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Anyone not holding & staking ZIL right now needs to check it out again
    15% staking rewards on ZIL and a 1,000:1 extra gZil reward for every 1000 ZIL claimed
    gZil is currently $437

ZIL is testing its ATH again this week and once it breaks it, there is open sky above it

Hi,

What coin is this please? I know another one called Zilliqa that uses the abbreviation ZIL.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

dougal0691 wrote: »
    at 5000000 a day he might be fit to prop the price up for nearly a week.ðŸ˜

Fortnight tops

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

weemcd wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Pentosh1/status/1383059853963358209?s=19

Worth considering. Small selection of coins on one of the biggest apps. No doubt they'll add more but if Robin Hood guys are gonna buy it's them for the time being.

Had been holding litecoin for 4 months and got rid a few weeks ago. Bloody typical!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Two ethereum ETFs have been approved in Canada, a few months after the bitcoin ETFs. Management fee of 0.4%, better than the 0.75% and 1% for the bitcoin ones. The bitcoin ones are up ~10% since I bought them (8.6% and 10.3%, not sure why they're different?). I'll be looking to add the eth ones to my tax-free account over the next while too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Any Antshare holders from back in the olden days??

NEO has been on the march for the last few weeks. NEO gas has also been tipping along. It was a nice earner in 2017 so I am hoping it gets back to its top of €120 and keeps going to €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

At present over $5,000,000 of new money is needed every day to keep the price of DOGE stable in the mid .30’s (it was .46 earlier).

There is 5 billion DOGE minted every year.

These mushrooms who are putting their life savings in think it can go to $10.

People gonna learn the hard way.

I know nothing about Doge as I think it was always a joke.
    Why does it need daily new money to keep the price stable?
    How are new coins minted.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Mellor wrote: »
    I know nothing about Doge as I think it was always a joke.
    Why does it need daily new money to keep the price stable?
    How are new coins minted.

5 billion new coins a year, or 13,698,630 a day.

So the new money doesn’t even factor in the current supply, just the new supply. Lives will be ruined.

• Advertisement

5 billion new coins a year, or 13,698,630 a day.

So the new money doesn’t even factor in the current supply, just the new supply. Lives will be ruined.
    But the new minted coin only need corresponding funds injected if miners are net trading 100% immediately. If they are holding 100%, $0 are needed to facilitate.
    Presumably it’s somewhere between the two.

Seems like a crazy amount all the same. How are they mined.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digibyte/

Yesterday was a good day to sell, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Not to sound like a broken record, but unless you can handle serious regret, then never sell all. I can be pretty grim waking up later on, watching prices soar through the roof, realising you have thrown away a few hundred grand or more. It's crypto, it happens, no one can judge the top or bottom, but always leaving some in reserve has so far been golden advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What is driving the prices up?

Is it because more people are investing (coming more mainstream) with more average Joe’s like me investing in it and trying it out? It’s like this has gone to a new level the last few months and is exploding.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

Nano is really off to the races.

Was anyone around for the bit grail exchange a few years back. I lost a few Nano when bomber pulled a fast one. Did anyone ever get anything back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

This is still ridiculously early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digibyte/

Yesterday was a good day to sell, lol.

Thanks to someone on here, I'll hang on to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

FOMO'd into DOGE at 15 cents, went up to 22 cents, bought more, didn't sell at either of the 33 cent peaks cause I thought it was gonna go to 50 cent or higher, got greedy

Hope I'm not left holding bags, I've sell orders set up for 30 cent and 38 cent and hope there is one last pump Monday or Tuesday

TL;DR: Babby's first FOMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Do you automatically get the gzil once you have zil staked or what's the craic? I have Zil staked for months but can't find any gzil reward

When you claim your ZIL, that’s when they give the gZil

So let’s say your currently got 1500 zil to claim, you will get 1.5 gZIL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Was there any bad news this weekend or is this just a nice'n healthy price adjustment?

I don't like weekend bad news as it usually leads to a sell off once the investment companies open on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Crash! Bang! Wallop!

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    When you claim your ZIL, that’s when they give the gZil

So let’s say your currently got 1500 zil to claim, you will get 1.5 gZIL

I keep meaning to go back and find the post the recomended Zil in jan/feb. 300%+ gain plus the gZil bonus being worth a lot now.

I've been planing to restake when it dipped, but it's just been climbing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

FOMO'd into DOGE at 15 cents, went up to 22 cents, bought more, didn't sell at either of the 33 cent peaks cause I thought it was gonna go to 50 cent or higher, got greedy

Hope I'm not left holding bags, I've sell orders set up for 30 cent and 38 cent and hope there is one last pump Monday or Tuesday

TL;DR: Babby's first FOMO
    What's the attraction re. Doge? I'm absolutely lost for words that it has a market cap of $35 billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Was there any bad news this weekend or is this just a nice'n healthy price adjustment?

I don't like weekend bad news as it usually leads to a sell off once the investment companies open on Monday.

FUD ....two things....earlier that Turkey bans crypto when used for buying/selling goods/services being the cause...
    and in more recent hours this complete horseshíte ->

https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1383611847144730626?s=20

What's tangible is the usual stuff - gamblers using leverage and getting caught with their pants down -> market tumbles. That and newcomers getting disturbed with the fud above and making their crypto available to be snapped up.
    And by the way, the Turkey thing isn't such big news - they haven't banned crypto - they've just banned its use as a means of exchange while they figure out how they can tax it. On the money laundering - most likely bs but even if not, how is it a big deal? Conventional banking has been facilitating this for decades already! They pay fines and then carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Did everyone just cash out everyone and pump doge instead? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

What's the attraction re. Doge? I'm absolutely lost for words that it has a market cap of $35 billion.

That's the thing, it's near useless, literally started as a joke/marketing experiment. Think it has a limited use case as a means of tipping content creators, which can be done with any number of alternative projects. Current pump is all because of a few tweets by musk and the redditors that hang on his every word. Reading through the dogecoin subreddit is both sad and funny. People thinking it will unironically surpass 10 dollars and 100 dollars and get as big as bitcoin.

There's supposed to be one last pump to get it to a dollar on 4/20 for the memes but after that I wouldn't be surprised if it goes back to sub 5 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

There used to be a telegram page guys. I would like to join it again, if you can PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

Buying the dip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Which coin?
    Buying the dip

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement