Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I reckon 'aftertiming' should be band on here. Some lads must own handfuls of every coin going with the amount of "bought x coin yesterday, up y% today" posts popping up over the last few weeks. :p

Well I used to say what I was buying beforehand but got called out on that too...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Truckermal wrote: »
    Well I used to say what I was buying beforehand but got called out on that too...:confused:

I've gotten good tips off you before on this. Please continue :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

I reckon 'aftertiming' should be band on here. Some lads must own handfuls of every coin going with the amount of "bought x coin yesterday, up y% today" posts popping up over the last few weeks. :p
    Believe it or not bought a bag of Polkadot last week, still no wiser as to what it does, only bought because of gavin woods, it not even listed on coinmarketcap, which is strange as its sold on Binance who own the site. but is 6th largest market cap $5.8b, i got them at $2.85, now worth $6.45, up 123%.
    Any big brains here know what it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Truckermal wrote: »

Why would anyone call someone out for saying what they are going to buy or have just bought? That's like people on the betting forum giving out that someone is posting about a bet they have on for the football later.

As long as it's not posting in the form of a conveniently timed "bought x yesterday/last week/last month and look at it mooning today", I don't see how there could be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Anybody bought BitTorrent . Is it worth a punt ?

• Advertisement

Anybody bought BitTorrent . Is it worth a punt ?

No it's a pile of dung like Tron..

Also someone mentioned Uniswap....Be very careful.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

da_miser wrote: »
    Believe it or not bought a bag of Polkadot last week, still no wiser as to what it does, only bought because of gavin woods, it not even listed on coinmarketcap, which is strange as its sold on Binance who own the site. but is 6th largest market cap $5.8b, i got them at $2.85, now worth $6.45, up 123%.
    Any big brains here know what it does?

I got some too. Here's an explanation on what it does:

"Polkadot (DOT) is aiming to provide a platform that delivers high level security & scalability in an innovative and functional manner.

This project claims true interoperability through the enabling of cross-blockchain transfers of any type of data or asset.
    Polkadot states that it achieves significant scalability improvements through the utilisation of multiple parallel blockchains.
    The platform allows for users to create a custom blockchain in minutes using the Substrate framework.

Through the team’s focus on functionality through creative ideas and community engagement, DOT is working to be a key player in the future of blockchain adoption"

A follow up on the above, here is an update from the developers.

@everyone

Starting on Monday, one of the most well respected audit firms in all of crypto, https://hacken.io/, will start on the audit of Axion.

We are fully on track to deliver mainnet in September!

Once mainnet hits, the token buybacks begin!
    80% of all ETH spent in the auction go directly to token buybacks.

Currently, a $10,000 order increases the price by 2%.
    Just wait until there are hundreds of thousands of dollars being used for buybacks.
    That's conservatively a 20%+ increase per day at the current rate.

In addition, once mainnet is live, we start our campaign to list on a TON of major exchanges, engage major influencers for promotions, and also double down on our marketing campaigns. In addition, AXN will be integrating with a global credit card, so you can spend AXN anywhere in the world, both online and in person. Things are going to heat up massively

Zoomed out, we are still up over 100% in the last 30 days.
    The trend is strong, and in our favour.

Everyone holding strong now is going to be blown away by what's in store come mainnet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Blowheads wrote: »
    What should a good exit look like? I have a few coins.. dump profits into bitcoin or sell as cash or?

there are a lot of factors involved

depends on how much you want to get out of it

some say there are 2 main strategies you can start with

Lets say for example you bought $1000 of coin ABC @ $1ea

Option 1: Sell 50% if/when it reaches $2 so you get your investment back and the rest is house money

Option 2: Wait longer and sell 10% if/when it 10x, you get your investment back and the rest is house money

Option 2 is more of a longer pessimistic strategy, or you could have a mix of the 2

Its all really down to how much you would like to get out of your investment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

spoke to Swipe app chat again yesterday evening about my card application

Gave me the same story about the server upgrade which when done should rectify the situation and I could apply again

I asked about my 300 locked up SXP and was told I would have to wait 24-48hrs once upgrade was done

Obviously this time I didnt take no for an answer and kicked up a fuss and demanded my 300 SXP be unlocked to which they were within 10min

I'll give it a couple of days to apply again for the card and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Bought €1000 Euro Eth. on Bitpanda in the recent past. Already cashed in 1500 and still have 1000 of Eth left. Pity I did not do more.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    spoke to Swipe app chat again yesterday evening about my card application

Gave me the same story about the server upgrade which when done should rectify the situation and I could apply again

I asked about my 300 locked up SXP and was told I would have to wait 24-48hrs once upgrade was done

Obviously this time I didnt take no for an answer and kicked up a fuss and demanded my 300 SXP be unlocked to which they were within 10min

I'll give it a couple of days to apply again for the card and see what happens

This situation wouldn't instill much confidence in the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

A follow up on the above, here is an update from the developers.

@everyone

Starting on Monday, one of the most well respected audit firms in all of crypto, https://hacken.io/, will start on the audit of Axion.

We are fully on track to deliver mainnet in September!

Once mainnet hits, the token buybacks begin!
    80% of all ETH spent in the auction go directly to token buybacks.

Currently, a $10,000 order increases the price by 2%.
    Just wait until there are hundreds of thousands of dollars being used for buybacks.
    That's conservatively a 20%+ increase per day at the current rate.

In addition, once mainnet is live, we start our campaign to list on a TON of major exchanges, engage major influencers for promotions, and also double down on our marketing campaigns. In addition, AXN will be integrating with a global credit card, so you can spend AXN anywhere in the world, both online and in person. Things are going to heat up massively

Zoomed out, we are still up over 100% in the last 30 days.
    The trend is strong, and in our favour.

Everyone holding strong now is going to be blown away by what's in store come mainnet

Sounds like a pump and dump! :pac:

Always get a bit worried seeing teams so concerned about price and less worried about pushing the technology forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

So what exchange is this going to be listed on? The strategy is overly complex and i agree, appears overly focused on the value of investment. I would be selling as soon as it is listed

Just bought a bag of zcash. Has it’s first ever halving in roughly 85 days time.

Done very well on this a few years back, a lot of controversy about privacy coins now though, do you think it can go either way? Obviously halving is a positive (eventually) or the run up to it but still everything is Defi at the moment, some solid projects being left behind although not completely which raises the question will the old guard or the strong old guard of alts start to move significantly like the last major bull run a few years back. Crystal ball would be handy:D

tuff1 wrote: »

Always get a bit worried seeing teams so concerned about price and less worried about pushing the technology forward.

Granted this is a post which discussed price but there are many more updates which are solely focussed on the development of the project.

Most people in here are only concerned about price so I thought this info would have been of interest.

So what exchange is this going to be listed on? The strategy is overly complex and i agree, appears overly focused on the value of investment. I would be selling as soon as it is listed

You can purchase now on Uniswap. Additonal exchanges have not been listed yet. When the mainnet launces Hex2T tokens will be converted to AXN. It's only priced at .00016 currently, no way I'd be selling on launch.

Granted this is a post which discussed price but there are many more updates which are solely focussed on the development of the project.

Most people in here are only concerned about price so I thought this info would have been of interest.

That's a fair point :)

You can purchase now on Uniswap. Additonal exchanges have not been listed yet. When the mainnet launces Hex2T tokens will be converted to AXN. It's only priced at .00016 currently, no way I'd be selling on launch.

heard of uniswap, can you convert back to eth when you want, does the price fluctuate on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

tuff1 wrote: »

Something related to Hex a pump and dump? No.
    Shocked. Shocked so I am.
    Devs will dump and you will be a bagholder.

heard of uniswap, can you convert back to eth when you want, does the price fluctuate on it?

Uniswap is a decentralised exchange so there are no limit buys/sells you just swap for eth at current values. I link my metamask wallet to it and it works perfectly.

Something related to Hex a pump and dump? No.
    Shocked. Shocked so I am.

Devs will dump and you will be a bagholder.

This is a completely separate team with no links to previous HEX ownership. They basically took the HEX framework of COD and improved it.

Hex2T (Axion) will be a decentralised ecosystem with the community voting on governance.

Jeff Kirdeikis is one of the most reputable men within the crypto world. If he has faith in a project you can take it as golden.

https://twitter.com/JeffKirdeikis/status/1297332907371933697

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Uniswap is a decentralised exchange so there are no limit buys/sells you just swap for eth at current values. I link my metamask wallet to it and it works perfectly.

How have the fees been recently? I'm hooked up with my Brave wallet rather than Metamask but they work the exact same.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    How have the fees been recently? I'm hooked up with my Brave wallet rather than Metamask but they work the exact same.

Fees are still high, just paid $6 on a 6Eth trade but it went through instantly.

I've been keeping an eye on a project called Origin Trail for the past while and some really interesting rumours are starting to be confirmed.

Origin trail is basically a decentralised supply chain protocol. Whereas Vechain aims to track products across the supply chain, origin trail aims to provide the protocol to integrate multiple supply chain networks together (different legacy systems + block chain solutions etc etc).

A tie up with GS1 - the non profit company behind barcodes (yep, barcodes, scanned 5 billion times a day worldwide) - has been running for a while but today they have announced that their new GS1 Digital Link will run on Origins Decentralised Network. Basically Digital Link is a new protocol which combines barcodes and urls to give everything (products, shipments, assets) any number of sources to that information. Similar to a barcode but on a digital network.

Also have rumours of FDA approval, actual announcement of a partnership with the British Standard Institute (company providing certification to dozens of multinationals with a combined >1 trillion euro in assets), plus loads more.

While I don't think think the price will rocket up as its its not a Defi/ enterprise blockcahin project, I do see really strong growth over the next 3-5 years, especially with a current MC of just 55 million USD.

Loaded up with oxt an hour ago it could go either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Anyone looking at polkadot. Not on Coinbase yet

• Advertisement

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Anyone looking at polkadot. Not on Coinbase yet

Yep dipped in earlier in the week another good one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement