Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    worst case it will drop to $12 but I'm still bullish on Link

if you're looking for a nice one to get into to with growth is SXP (Swipe)

:D:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

i get a txt from a friend who just says to me that Link coin I shilled him is dumping like crazy

"what is this crap you shilled me?"

he's close to becoming a non-friend if he keeps this up, he's a grown man and he pressed the green button to buy for him, not me

If he cant control his emotions in days like these then he needs to get off the pot. Some people are just not strong enough for the crypto dips

FFS my 17 yr old has less reaction today when he sees the dip because I educated him in advance there will be days like this

Solution: don't convince or advise people to buy this stuff. Saw a lot of fallout post Dec 17, people hyping up their clueless friends to buy in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Solution: don't convince or advise people to buy this stuff. Saw a lot of fallout post Dec 17, people hyping up their clueless friends to buy in.

Yeah have to agree, i was just talking about it to people around that time but not encouraging them to buy or anything but the delight people took when it crashed knowing i had bought some was what convinced me to just say nothing. Some mates still ask me if l have any but i kind of avoid the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

100%.

Especially when it comes to alt coins which are some of the most speculative and volatile assets you can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

i get a txt from a friend who just says to me that Link coin I shilled him is dumping like crazy

he's close to becoming a non-friend if he keeps this up, he's a grown man and he pressed the green button to buy for him, not me

If he cant control his emotions in days like these then he needs to get off the pot. Some people are just not strong enough for the crypto dips

FFS my 17 yr old has less reaction today when he sees the dip because I educated him in advance there will be days like this

Point him to DR;NS memes.

• Advertisement

Try and sell him on yams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Think Link has hit a nice level of support now

BAT is really taking off last few days

Yeah wanted to buy BAT but might have to wait for it to dip first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

dont get me wrong, this guy has been buying crypto for as long as I have, but had a one track mind when he started off and just started day trading BTC and thought he was a king making a couple hundred every few days. Then he got greedy one day and took out a 5x leverage and got everything liquidated when they stopped him out

he slowly recovered and ended his trading days and just decided to buy for hodling
    but he got blinkered again and just bought XRP & ETH

When I started telling him about Link when it was $3.50 he dismissed it
    Then at $6, breaking $10, $15, then he finally got in about $17

Thought it was great when it almost broke $20 and now I'm hearing that its a scam as its dumping

I got the same blurb when he said that the ADA I bought at 4c was doomed when it dropped to 2c but I was still buying

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    :D:pac::pac::pac:

I got a feeling this wont age well

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Yeah wanted to buy BAT but might have to wait for it to dip first.

BAT to 50 sats is not far away it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

No longer bullish?

seannash wrote: »
    No longer bullish?

a couple of months after the halving, the macro trend is upwards, there is more money in the space now than ever before. Hell ya I'm bullish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

now I'm hearing that its a scam as its dumping

I got the same blurb when he said that the ADA I bought at 4c was doomed when it dropped to 2c but I was still buying

If I ever make a recommendation I go out of my way to say that you could lose all of your money - that this is highly speculative and volatility can flow in both directions.

In the first instance, I don't want anyone around me to get themselves into difficulty. Secondly, these things have to be set out on the basis of personal responsibility - there are no free lunches, everything comes with risk but crypto comes with high risk. People have to ultimately understand the rationale you set out and go check it out themselves afterwards. Everyone has to be accountable for their own decisions ultimately - no ifs, buts or maybe's.

seannash wrote: »
    No longer bullish?

Nah, Lex was saying that my mocking of his optimism about Swipe (SXP) will be shortlived. - I think. :)

SXP staking is now live on Swipe Wallet & Binance

https://medium.com/swipe/swipe-wallet-to-support-sxp-staking-acfab4589813

If I ever make a recommendation I go out of my way to say that you could lose all of your money - that this is highly speculative and volatility can flow in both directions.

fair enough if you're talking to someone who has no previous exposure or experience in the crypto space but for one who had been it it for a while, they dont need reminding

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

SXP staking is now live on Swipe Wallet & Binance

staking live, US bank partnership to be announced soon, hopefully price starts creeping up shortly. Been loading up on the dips on the way down, time for it to start going the other direction.

Did you get the sxp card yet lex?

Anyone else act on this advice? Price is 2.65 as I type this. You won't have long.
    There's a bit of time before sxp moves I think.
    Resistance at 3.888 and 4.26 before it continues.
    Might take a breather here: anywhere between 2.66 and 2.40 is golden.

Good call on this btw, Lex. I think it has room to run even with the airdrop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It still says coming soon when I try to stake sxp. ??

It still says coming soon when I try to stake sxp. ??

Dont think you need to do anything. binance takes screenshots of you holdings and pays interest monthly based on your average holdings for the month.

• Advertisement

dougal0691 wrote: »
    Dont think you need to do anything. binance takes screenshots of you holdings and pays interest monthly based on your average holdings for the month.

also the Swipe wallet takes screenshots, whether its in the spot wallet or you have it locked away

Anyone else act on this advice? Price is 2.65 as I type this. You won't have long.

Good call on this btw, Lex. I think it has room to run even with the airdrop.

Potential Market cap for this is huge. I'm waiting on a redundancy payment to pile more into it

Ordered the sky card yesterday, but I didnt get any confirmation email that it was ordered but they locked away my 300 SXP though

I thought that was only for holding BNB?

If you have SXP in binance spot wallet they provide staking rewards too?

My understanding is that there are 2 reward programs

One for holding BNB and the other is staking your SXP

its a win win all round and this is even when the price is low

that's what I've gathered. they are also distributing sxp to bnb holders as well.

Potential Market cap for this is huge. I'm waiting on a redundancy payment to pile more into it

Ordered the sky card yesterday, but I didnt get any confirmation email that it was ordered but they locked away my 300 SXP though

did it take long to get verified. I only got round to doing it this morning but I see people saying on the telegram that it's been 2 weeks and they're still not verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭macker64

Would any of you kind gentlemen have a referral code for Swipe Wallet?

Thank you in anticipation. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

did it take long to get verified. I only got round to doing it this morning but I see people saying on the telegram that it's been 2 weeks and they're still not verified.

I was able to get verified almost instantly. They haven't been able to tell how to deposit using card still though. Gave up trying just kept on going round in circles with them very frustrating ended up just buying on binance instead. I hate the binanbe UI but at least it works!

macker64 wrote: »
    Would any of you kind gentlemen have a referral code for Swipe Wallet?

Thank you in anticipation. :D

I was on the online chat just there and they said their referral program is not up and running yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I'd love to hear steelydans opinion on sxp I think that's his username! I'm a bit sceptical about the hole thing even though I'm holding a sh1t load of it currently about 2.5K under purchase price. A lot of negativity on Twitter about the whole project including price manipulation from Binance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement