Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Indeed mining works the same way. To simplify how supply affects market value, imagine if someone pressed a button and now there is double the supply of BTC available - value of BTC on the market would roughly halve.

A token that produces more of itself through mining, "interest" via staking, etc is just increasing it's own supply.

Personally if I see a coin with e.g. a 10 mm circulating supply, and a 10 bn max supply, that's a red flag and I would need to know how soon and at what rate that extra 990 mm of coin is entering the market.

It's also important how much the developers have of the token, as we all know from Ripple. If they have a serious percentage of max supply, they can drastically impact market price if they start selling in large amounts or selling in constants (diluting)

I've full fate in the team behind it that they know exactly what they are doing for long term success. It's the same team as Trust Swap and Jeff Kirdeikis is very prominent in the crypto community.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Link taking a battering today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Link taking a battering today

Hopefully just a little break and giving people a chance to get in a little bit cheaper before taking off again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

When link starts moving up the market will move with it again, it's pulling the market singlehandedly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Big Swipe announcement earlier, it's card is open to US customer's so up 23% allready I have been watching this closely all week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Truckermal wrote: »
    Big Swipe announcement earlier, it's card is open to US customer's so up 23% allready I have been watching this closely all week!

Nice, bought a gandhi load of these a while back in high hopes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

rapul wrote: »
    Nice, bought a gandhi load of these a while back in high hopes!

Made over 4K on the last run so hopefully this one is better!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yeah we are more or less on the same page in terms of the growth potential - I see it as possibly challenging XRP (assuming XRP itself is stable vs the rest of the market) and going somewhat higher, but far from challenging ETH.

But then the way I look at it is that if things go quite well the upside is a 2x to 3x increase versus the rest of the market.

This would be good alright, but even if that was to be achieved the best days are behind us.

And more importantly, given the parabolic move of the past few weeks there is a massive amount of speculation and FOMO built into the price. This type of situation usually won't just stabilise nicely. It tends to resolve with a blow-off top followed by an epic correction (this is where it reminds me of XRP back in the days).

So my view of the situation is that while it might be possible to ride the bull run for another while, the risk of a sharp reversal is getting closer every day, with a very large downwards potential when it happens (i.e. going in today is not for the faint hearted).
    my opinion is that we are in a bull market uptrend and these corrections along the way are healthy are par for the course

I cenrtainly dont intend selling anything for at least another 9-12 months

Feel like SXP can't go much lower than this, touched $3 few minutes ago during Bitcoin pump. Would be nice $$ to make in the next few days I would think buying at this price, but i'm holding this long term. Don't have a big bag though.

TBH I hope this is a huge correction coming for Link because I would like to get a 1k stack before it really kicks off.

Swipe just got the green light to launch in the USA. They will have the wallet & card available to US

BULLISH...!!!

Hence the big pump today

Green&Red wrote: »
    At what price points will you consider selling

I dont have any at the moment

Anything I have I'm holing for at least 9-12 months unless something major happens, but we are in an upward macro trend right now so I'm not selling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    my opinion is that we are in a bull market uptrend and these corrections along the way are healthy are par for the course

What's your logic behind the bull market out of interest? For me personally I think now that the s&p has gone back to all time highs, alongside how crazy extended the Nasdaq is, and given plenty liquidity out there with all the money printing we'll see money going into crypto more and more as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

You mean LINK is in a bull market versus other cryptos or crypto in general is in a bull market?

(if you mean we have a crypto bull market in general, yes I tend to agree ... but that LINK is in a long term bull trend vs other crypto’s is where I have my doubts)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I dont have any at the moment

Anything I have I'm holing for at least 9-12 months unless something major happens, but we are in an upward macro trend right now so I'm not selling

lol if you've experienced the 2017/2018 bubble, it's really a good idea to have an exit plan & price points at which to take profit.

Bob24 wrote: »
    You mean LINK is in a bull market versus other cryptos or crypto in general is in a bull market?

(if you mean we have a crypto bull market in general, yes I tend to agree ... but that LINK is in a long term bull trend vs other crypto’s is where I have my doubts)

Most crypto has started to break multi year resistance
    Couple that to the fact we are a few months post Bitcoin halving

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    lol if you've experienced the 2017/2018 bubble, it's really a good idea to have an exit plan & price points at which to take profit.

I’ll worry about my exit plan when we are into Q2 next year

This one is going to be quiet different from the last one imo

I’ll worry about my exit plan when we are into Q2 next year

This one is going to be quiet different from the last one imo

Hah, I hope you're right for my sake (and net worth) too!

Once bitten twice shy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Last time I started in crypto when a Bitcoin was worth €400 and ended with a Bitcoin worth €3000 after the collapse. That was still a great return in under a year, no matter how you look at it.

If the arse falls out of it again and we are left with a €30,000 value on Bitcoin we will still be doing okay.

Last time I started in crypto when a Bitcoin was worth €400 and ended with a Bitcoin worth €3000 after the collapse. That was still a great return in under a year, no matter how you look at it.

If the arse falls out of it again and we are left with a €30,000 value on Bitcoin we will still be doing okay.

Not sure about the euro value but I when I first entered the crypto space in Early September 2017, btc was about $5000.

Looking back now, I feel I was a little too late to the party to learn enough about the mechanics of alts and ICOs in general in time to save my arse when the bubble popped by the start of the following year. Things were already going hyper and parabolic not long after I made my first deposit to coinbase...

If I'd looked into crypto a year earlier or even at the very beginning of 2017 I may have had enough time to learn the ropes and get into the ICOS that gave great multipliers right off the bat. As things happened, the few ICOs I did put money into were towards the very end of 2017 and the tokens were unlocked at the worst time possible in the first few months of the following year. Some of them never even went above the ICO price before declining rapidly.

I've almost made back my losses now though, so going forward I'll be a little wiser this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

5k to invest, have a Coinbase account. What’s your recommendation.

Already put 2k into ETH a few months back that’s doing well.

Term 5 to 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

AmberGold wrote: »

Term 5 to 10 years.

Is this all your crypto investment or do you have other positions?

If you don’t have anything else and given that you seem to be going in it for the long haul, I’d say put at least 80% into Bitcoin as the base of your portfolio. And maybe use the rest on other coins if you want more excitement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Term 5 to 10 years.

Big chunk in BTC/ETH
    Rest into Link / Zil / ADA

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Term 5 to 10 years.

Majority of that into BTC.

I would also advise that you swap to Crypto.com as their offering is better - you can earn interest on your BTC for example, and they offer a debit card that allows you to gain crypto cashback when you spend money (which can be swapped for other crypto in-app).

Crucially, unlike Coinbase, they allow you to buy USDT which you can move around exchanges opening you up to more places to buy, or piling it up (with interest) to buy the dip like now. There's a referral link to sign up above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Majority of that into BTC.

I would also advise that you swap to Crypto.com as their offering is better - you can earn interest on your BTC for example, and they offer a debit card that allows you to gain crypto cashback when you spend money (which can be swapped for other crypto in-app).

Crucially, unlike Coinbase, they allow you to buy USDT which you can move around exchanges opening you up to more places to buy, or piling it up (with interest) to buy the dip like now. There's a referral link to sign up above.

Just on the majority into bitcoin. Would they not be better to stick it into Something like an Iconomi fund. For them to double their money Bitcoin would have to make serious strides where as a few Alts might double by the time bitcoin hits 16/17k (Neo perhaps)

Term 5 to 10 years.

thats a good start and wouldnt touch your ETH now, let it grow nicely

if you are interested in staking and getting a passive income then the likes of XTZ/VET are available

ADA will have staking coming soon

If it was me, I'd go 1k BTC, split rest between Link/ADA/Vet

Keep something aside for a hard wallet like a Ledger Nano or maybe use one of the better online wallets like Atomic or Trust. You can stake on Atomic wallet your VET and XTZ

seannash wrote: »
    Just on the majority into bitcoin. Would they not be better to stick it into Something like an Iconomi fund. For them to double their money Bitcoin would have to make serious strides where as a few Alts might double by the time bitcoin hits 16/17k (Neo perhaps)

True. 2.7% APR on BTC seems good. Crypto's best interest rate on a 3 month lock up is 4.5% equivalent. No need to worry about managing anything with that, and the interest is higher if 5k CRO is locked up.

Iconomi looks to be a good option to diversify. An option might be to stick BTC into CRO for forget-about-it passive money and the rest into an Iconomi fund according to risk appetite (I've no idea of minimums or fees).

True. 2.7% APR on BTC seems good. Crypto's best interest rate on a 3 month lock up is 4.5% equivalent. No need to worry about managing anything with that, and the interest is higher if 5k CRO is locked up.

Iconomi looks to be a good option to diversify. An option might be to stick BTC into CRO for forget-about-it passive money and the rest into an Iconomi fund according to risk appetite (I've no idea of minimums or fees).
    Yeah I guess it is all about risk appetite. Do you want to double your money in those years (Which is traditionally a great return) or are you looking to turn that 5k into 50k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Term 5 to 10 years.

I'd stick the rest in Bitcoin and avoid the sh1tcoins.

Whats the concensus on here, are we still in a market where if Bitcoin rises its drags alts with them or has it matured past that point.

seannash wrote: »
    Whats the concensus on here, are we still in a market where if Bitcoin rises its drags alts with them or has it matured past that point.
    Altcoins about to pump. BTC will climb steadily up.
    There's enough liquidity for alts to recover fast when btc drops.

• Advertisement

there's a lot more money in the space now than 3-4yrs ago

I think BTC will climb steadily and have the frequent retracements which is healthy

You'll get people still saying we are in a bear market if BTC hits 18k and dumps 10-20%

Zoom out on the macro trend, the end game is still the same. Its not going to go straight up without the pull backs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement