Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Another repetitive question, but if I buy a coin where I've to exchange BTC for it, as it has no fiat pairs on an exchange, should I be declaring that on a CGT return? Or should I just not bother? This is something that kinda puts me off certain alts. Shouldn't have to worry about CGT. Tempted to get some Zil

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Arrival wrote: »
    Another repetitive question, but if I buy a coin where I've to exchange BTC for it, as it has no fiat pairs on an exchange, should I be declaring that on a CGT return? Or should I just not bother? This is something that kinda puts me off certain alts. Shouldn't have to worry about CGT. Tempted to get some Zil

I don’t bother

How do you put a cgt figure on a btc gain? It can be 8,000 one week and 4,000 another week

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I don’t bother

How do you put a cgt figure on a btc gain? It can be 8,000 one week and 4,000 another week

Yeah, it should really just be crypto to fiat conversions that are taxable. Gonna go for it so, doubt there'd be much issue over a few quid converted anyway, sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

Zilliqa on an unbelievable run, up another 20% today. Bought a bag only three weeks ago and it's tripled since then - granted I first bought in 2018 @ 12c so it's been a wild ride ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

I've tried a few and have accounts on about 4 exchanges but I mostly use Kraken and recently downloaded the app on Android... SEPA transfers do seem quicker than they used to be...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

tuff1 wrote: »
    Zilliqa on an unbelievable run, up another 20% today. Bought a bag only three weeks ago and it's tripled since then - granted I first bought in 2018 @ 12c so it's been a wild ride ðŸ˜

Converted some other bags like PHX to it last week and am seeing a nice return.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Just picked up some $mkr maker. Being listed on Coinbase pro on Monday and hopefully on Coinbase app on Thursday. Max supply of 1 million hopefully some nice gains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

66 full nodes being ran in Ireland apparently, which makes Ireland the 22nd highest country on the full nodes list.

Genuinely shocked, you bunch of sneaky bulls !

I have a funny feeling Zil will pump again this week, I normally dont jump in on coins that have already pumped but Theta proved me wrong on that last week

I'm long on ADA and picked up a big bag many months ago so happy eoungh with my position on them but they are also looking good for another run

If you can get one good run from an alt in the next 4-6 weeks it could be a nice earner for the BTC run

Would ya say it's better to buy BTC, ETH or BNB to trade for Zil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Would ya say it's better to buy BTC, ETH or BNB to trade for Zil?

BTC fees seems quite high now so I'd go with ETH (or BNB).

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

it seems like BNB is cheaper to use on Binance

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Get you Zil on Kucoin save you the transfer fees once this is up and running
    https://en.ethereumworldnews.com/zilliqa-zil-announces-its-first-staking-partner-kucoin/

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I thought ZIL was being listed on Coinbase Pro today. I don't see it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

da_miser wrote: »
    Get you Zil on Kucoin save you the transfer fees once this is up and running
    https://en.ethereumworldnews.com/zilliqa-zil-announces-its-first-staking-partner-kucoin/

KuCoin can sometimes have very high withdrawal fee’s in coins.

Pdoghue wrote: »
    I thought ZIL was being listed on Coinbase Pro today. I don't see it though?

$mkr (maker) is being listed on Coinbase pro this week .has a price roughly of €500. only has 1 million supply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Purchased Drep at 33 sats it's looking nice now at 39 sats ..

Just picked up some $mkr maker. Being listed on Coinbase pro on Monday and hopefully on Coinbase app on Thursday. Max supply of 1 million hopefully some nice gains.

Did anybody else jump on the $mkr (maker) just got listed on Coinbase pro today

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Yes, bought some MKR on Coinbase Pro but cheaper elsewhere I read. E.g. Kucoin.

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Yes, bought some MKR on Coinbase Pro but cheaper elsewhere I read. E.g. Kucoin.

I bought mines on Saturday on crypto.com. Was the cheapest place to buy it transferred over to Coinbase pro now.

• Advertisement

could VET go on a ZIL run?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    could VET go on a ZIL run?

It's not going to be as parabolic as ZIL in my opinion, simply because it's starting off from a much higher market cap. It does have plenty of room to grow however, with partnerships announced with Walmart, Bayer, Haier, PwC, DNV GL, just to name a few out of many.

While PwC and DNV GL have been around for a while and are more to do with authenticating the blockchain, the rest have only been on boarded recently and use the blockchain for its traceability. I'm expecting to see a real ramp up in transactions over the course of the year and into next year.

Currently one of the most advanced use cases for the blockchain, the project has room to grow exponentially, to what level and how long that will take though is anyone's guess!

My advice? Cost average your way in until you build up a holding you're comfortable with. If the price continues to rise after you make your first deposit? Great, you've been making money all along. If it goes down below what you first bought in at, great you're getting a discount!

Disclaimer - by no means financial advice, just my 2c :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

https://cannabistoken.io/ went live on stellar in the last few days, seems legit. Return might be fairly high.

Zil still climbing how much more I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Truckermal wrote: »
    Zil still climbing how much more I wonder?

I took 95% ROI this morning

Nothing wrong with that for 11 days in the market

Yep fantastic return!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

Bah! I want 200% or I'm not interested lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Should see some nice volatility within the next 2 weeks, a grand up or down, as the march 12th rising trend meets the 2.5 year old decending wedge top. But who cares. Buying regardless. Hodl on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Jesus, you DCA in weekly and have been using CB all along? You've wasted a nice bit of money on fees with them if so, even more if you use card every time. Kraken is what I've started using recently because I began DCAing and it's been great so far.

Also, if you're in Ireland/the EU, in case you don't already know, bank transfers are very quick these days, you can do one early in the morning and it'll be on the exchange that afternoon/evening, so you can get used to managing with this to save a bit more on fees. I'd usually do a transfer the night before and it's on the exchange the following morning

I haven't transferred fiat onto an exchange in a long time, but I used to use Gdax which I believe was renamed to coinbase pro some time ago.

There used to be quite low fees for makers iirc, has this changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

has anyone here any experience with cryptohopper ? good or bad ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement