Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else enjoy being single?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

TomasMacR wrote: »
    Unless you’re talking about some serious slapper who craves dick daily.

Whats wrong with craving dick daily?????

Its as if the concept of having separate time to enjoy your hobbies or travel is completely alien to them.

My husband is off to a different country (without me - shocker!) over Easter to indulge in a hobby/interest he is into that I dont engage in.

I have taken some time off work so that I can stay home in my "free gaff" and enjoy it all to myself and indulge in my own interests while he is away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭pgj2015

SusieBlue wrote: »
    That's the point I was making, though. You'd expect the person in the LTR to be having more but it doesn't always work out that way.

the relationship issues on boards is full of threads about couples not having sex at all for years after maybe 5 to 10 years of marriage, apparently its a very common thing.

I much prefer being single, no drama, my money is my own, im a workaholic so a partner would just be nagging me about that most likely. no fear she will cheat on me or divorce me taking half my wealth. no listening about her problems with her friends, boss, parents etc zzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Can you give an age comparison between these two groups of people that you know...seeing as you say long term relationships.

Different ages. My sister is married for 15 years and they are in a loving, happy relationship. She told me once they have sex every 2-3 months. My brother is 2 years younger and single for 3 years and on dating scene. He has sex every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Different ages. My sister is married for 15 years and they are in a loving, happy relationship. She told me once they have sex every 2-3 months. My brother is 2 years younger and single for 3 years and on dating scene. He has sex every weekend.

sex once every 2 or 3 months when married:eek: and you can be sure 1 of them isnt happy about that. what that will lead to is the unhappy one looking to separate, having an affair or going to prostitutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Lyons Gold Blend of course! Not a massive fan of the English stuff. Twinnings is ok. Never gave the green or fruity stuff a go.

**** you! Barry's 4 lyfe fam!

pgj2015 wrote: »
    sex once every 2 or 3 months when married:eek: and you can be sure 1 of them isnt happy about that. what that will lead to is the unhappy one looking to separate, having an affair or going to prostitutes.

I am not sure one of them is unhappy. They seem very compatible and happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

f*ck...brother tells sister how much pussy he's getting and must give regular updates if its every weekend. are you by any chance relocated members of the Fritzl family?

f*ck...brother tells sister how much pussy he's getting and must give regular updates if its every weekend. are you by any chance relocated members of the Fritzl family?
    :0

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Dani Dyer has her mother shave her 'bits'.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

....... wrote: »

Nothing, but you conveniently left out the rest of my post... “a serious slapper that craves dick every day”. Park all your vagina power beliefs and you may agree that’s not a good look and it’s not healthy physically and if they’re jumping on cocks daily they are not mentally healthy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah I'm happy being single for now.

I would like to meet someone but I don't think I'd like to live with someone all the time again though,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Who’s Dick Daly?

Who’s Dick Daly?

He’s this legendary paranormal being that appears mostly in twitches and then runs up the inside leg of most women in this country after they’ve had 15-20 units of alcohol.

Nothing, but you conveniently left out the rest of my post... “a serious slapper that craves dick every day”. Park all your vagina power beliefs and you may agree that’s not a good look and it’s not healthy physically and if they’re jumping on cocks daily they are not mentally healthy either.

Why do you have to be a serious slapper to crave dick daily?

Whats not a good look about enjoying daily sex?

Are you saying that its only acceptable to have a bit of sex, now and again? Sounds repressed to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Are you saying that its only acceptable to have a bit of sex, now and again? Sounds repressed to me!

Plus just cause they are single doesn’t mean they have to be doing it with a different person all the time. Could have a friend with benefits arrangement.

fin12 wrote: »
    Plus just cause they are single doesn’t mean they have to be doing it with a different person all the time. Could have a friend with benefits arrangement.

Even if it was different people all the time - so what?

So long as everyone is a consenting adult and has safe sex - who cares how often people are having sex?

I hadnt realised that there was an acceptable amount of sex for women to be having beyond which they were slappers - does this apply to homosexual relations as well or is the derogatory label just applicable to heterosexual women?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Even if it was different people all the time - so what?

So long as everyone is a consenting adult and has safe sex - who cares how often people are having sex?

I hadnt realised that there was an acceptable amount of sex for women to be having beyond which they were slappers - does this apply to homosexual relations as well or is the derogatory label just applicable to heterosexual women?

I just think a lot of people assume that if ur single well then if ur having sex it must be with all different people but all I’m saying is that’s not always the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

How many women here would be ok with their fella taking photos of naked women as a hobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

How many women here would be ok with their fella taking photos of naked women as a hobby?

Not a lady but I think there needs to be more context in just what this hobby entails.

Is their focus photography.
    What type of scenes are the women to be photographed in?
    How does the photographer identify women who will be photographed?
    What is done with the images after they have been captured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Not a lady but I think there needs to be more context in just what this hobby entails.

Most of these photographs are quite dignified and would have artistic merit

So you take partial posts and quote it which gives it completely different meaning and when that’s not an option you decide to totally misinterpret what was posted.

Are you just thick or do you have difficulties in reading comprehension?

I was replying to the comparison between a functioning couple and single person and who would get more sex. I surmised it would be the couple, unless of course it was some sex mad slut who needed a daily dose of dick from randomers...which I repeat, is not a good look, is unhealthy mentally and potentially physically.

Now carry on and misconstrue some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

All 4 questions have 1 answer...w*nking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Well in my opinion, doing the most intimate thing you can do with countless strangers seems like having issues, whether you're male or female.

It would be weird to do anything else nowhere near as intimate with lots of strangers, so it's beyond me how it's no biggie when it's the most intimate thing you can do.

People who are slaves to promiscuity seem repressed in a different way.

Despite popular culture, sex actually is a big deal - that's why there are laws in relation to age, consent and incest.

The above view always gets met with strawmans, so to pre empt, I'm not saying people should be in love with someone to have sex with them, and I'm not talking about the occasional one night stand or casual fling.

So you take partial posts and quote it which gives it completely different meaning and when that’s not an option you decide to totally misinterpret what was posted.

How can I give YOUR OWN WORDS a totally different meaning?
    Are you just thick or do you have difficulties in reading comprehension?

And now a personal attack? You dont have much of reasoned point to make if thats what you must resort to eh?
    I was replying to the comparison between a functioning couple and single person and who would get more sex. I surmised it would be the couple, unless of course it was some sex mad slut who needed a daily dose of dick from randomers...which I repeat, is not a good look, is unhealthy mentally and potentially physically.

You havent explained why its not a good look, or unhealthy mentally or potentially physically?

Why do you continuously refer to a woman in this scenario as a "sex mad slut"?

I note this is the first indication you have made that it is sex with "randomers". So if a woman has sex daily with the same partner - is she also a sex mad slut? What about 2 different partners over the course of a year? A month? A week? Same day?

What about a man who has daily sex - is it ok for him or do you have a derogatory term for it too? Is he a sex mad slut?

Im just kind of baffled at this attitude that having sex is seen as a bad thing or that women are sluts for having sex? We are not in the 50s anymore you know?

And every woman having a lot of sex with different partners, well each of those partner is a man, so why no shaming language towards the men in this imaginary scenario?

I can only conclude you are a sexually repressed misogynist with a madonna/whore complex.

I note this is the first indication you have made that it is sex with "randomers".

Again, poor reading comprehension...any idea what a slapper is or means?

Again, poor reading comprehension...any idea what a slapper is or means?

I know what I think about people who use that term to describe women.

I reckon its because you aint getting none you wish to denigrate people who are by using derogatory terms about them. Women only of course.

Are you an "incel"? Isnt that the new things these days?

Well in my opinion, doing the most intimate thing you can do with countless strangers seems like having issues, whether you're male or female.

It would be weird to do anything else nowhere near as intimate with lots of strangers, so it's beyond me how it's no biggie when it's the most intimate thing you can do.

People who are slaves to promiscuity seem repressed in a different way.

Despite popular culture, sex actually is a big deal - that's why there are laws in relation to age, consent and incest.

The above view always gets met with strawmans, so to pre empt, I'm not saying people should be in love with someone to have sex with them, and I'm not talking about the occasional one night stand or casual fling.

If don't mean one night stands and casual flings what do you mean? Sex every night of the week with a different person?
    Promiscuity can be connected to a lot of emotional difficulties and is sometimes a symptom of certain personality disorders. Seeking out sex because you feel it will satisfy a void, because you need reassurance of being wanted, because you associate having sex with your self worth, that's damaging and needs to be looked at.

The giving of oneself in the hope that a greater need will be met will chip away at whatever self-esteem is intact.
    However there are plenty of people out there who have no such issues when it comes to having sex outside of a relationship. A number of years ago I had a friends with benefits situation. It was great and some of the best sex I ever had. I was able to take it for what it was, a relationship wouldn't have worked between us but what we had was perfect at the time.

Having sex outside a relationship is in no way indicative of inner troubles.

"you ain't getting none" :D

I think I'm talking to a 16 year old who got fingered for the first time last weekend.

• Advertisement

"you ain't getting none" :D

I think I'm talking to a 16 year old who got fingered for the first time last weekend.

Stop projecting.

Youve displayed massive hang ups here about other people having sex.

We all know what you are.

Advertisement