Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

TK Max. D.I.D and Great Outdoors signs gone up at entrance to Gateway Retail Park KC

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

TK Max. D.I.D and Great Outdoors signs gone up at entrance to Gateway Retail Park KC
    It might be a while til we see these open.

It might be a while til we see these open.

True, surprised D.I.D are allowed in there with Harley Normal?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

True, surprised D.I.D are allowed in there with Harley Normal?
    Thought the same thing too. Whatever about being allowed, sure aren't Harveys once in a lifetime sales that get extended for 1 week and then 1 more week going to nail them.

Thought the same thing too. Whatever about being allowed, sure aren't Harveys once in a lifetime sales that get extended for 1 week and then 1 more week going to nail them.

Yeah, bet we wont see Dunnes allowing Tesco in there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

506864.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Thank christ for some good news!

I know of the Regatta brand but didn't know they even did their own shops.

TKMaxx will be a welcome addition and have handy homeware stuff as well.

Smyths will be really helpful for a few more years (all the friend's birthday parties generate a lot of runs there).

Petstop will have to check them out. Any good?

All really good additions. I presume there will be a large Dunnes sign on top.

I know of the Regatta brand but didn't know they even did their own shops.

They have a shop in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre.
    All really good additions. I presume there will be a large Dunnes sign on top.

Yeah large Dunnes and Harvey Norman signs going on top.

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    506864.jpg

Don't know what's going on with that sign this morning?

Just passed it & the Dunnes and Harvey Norman signs are on top now followed by B&Q, Booths & Next. All the other signs are gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Bannon property agents have the same pic up on their insta story right now with all the signs included

• Advertisement

Just passed it & the Dunnes and Harvey Norman signs are on top now followed by B&Q, Booths & Next. All the other signs are gone!

I suspect you were looking at the other side, coming from Aldi direction. This is the side coming out from the retail park onto the roundabout.

I suspect you were looking at the other side, coming from Aldi direction. This is the side coming out from the retail park onto the roundabout.

No, I was looking at the correct side, same as I saw yesterday when I posted the names here.

All those newly added signs from yesterday were gone earlier today & the Dunnes & Harley Normal added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭testtech05

No, I was looking at the correct side, same as I saw yesterday when I posted the names here.

All those newly added signs from yesterday were gone earlier today & the Dunnes & Harley Normal added.

I saw that also this morning, they were all there yesterday evening around 6pm as per the pictures but had all been removed/moved around this morning at 9:45

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

506864.jpg

Is that really Knocknacarra? I hadn't heard that Smyth's are opening out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Is that really Knocknacarra? I hadn't heard that Smyth's are opening out there.

I really can't understand how anyone could be excited or even interested in these openings in Knocknacarra. Other than Smyths (and I consider that the seventh circle of hell), where is there anything local or interesting? It's all the same mass produced chain junk crap that's in any UK shopping centre or "mall".

Would love if there was maybe a Gourmet Tart and Papa Rich, and maybe some decent clothes shops other than mass produced pile 'em high rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

?Cee?view wrote: »
    I really can't understand how anyone could be excited or even interested in these openings in Knocknacarra. Other than Smyths (and I consider that the seventh circle of hell), where is there anything local or interesting? It's all the same mass produced chain junk crap that's in any UK shopping centre or "mall".

Would love if there was maybe a Gourmet Tart and Papa Rich, and maybe some decent clothes shops other than mass produced pile 'em high rubbish.

Wow a Gourmet Tart and Papa Rich, inventive thinking, we don't have enough of them in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

If you're not excited by the shop selection then maybe you can get excited about the traffic it will take away from cross-town / city-centre journeys? Knocknacarra is 14k people who have the same everyday boring errands to run as the rest of Galway. If these shops had been here the last 10 years it would have meant countless trips to town or across the bridge I wouldn't have needed to take.

I passed today and some of the signs are back up, but only the ones that have been announced so far and having "Coming Soon" across them.

Will be interesting to see if the other shops materialise.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Wow a Gourmet Tart and Papa Rich, inventive thinking, we don't have enough of them in Galway!

Talk about missing the point completely just so you can score points. GT, Papa Rich and even Smyth’s are just examples of local businesses where by shopping there you’re helping to develop Galway. You’re sending local kids to school, Unversity etc.

As opposed to TK Maxx, Boots etc which are US and UK stock market listed companies. They have no loyalty to anything in Galway and when it suits them they’ll up sticks in the morning.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

If you're not excited by the shop selection then maybe you can get excited about the traffic it will take away from cross-town / city-centre journeys? Knocknacarra is 14k people who have the same everyday boring errands to run as the rest of Galway. If these shops had been here the last 10 years it would have meant countless trips to town or across the bridge I wouldn't have needed to take.

Agree completely. Anything that stops tossers caught up in mass consumerism blocking up the roads is a plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Debenhams wont reopen after the COVID Shutdown. They putting all the irish stored into liquidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Debenhams wont reopen after the COVID Shutdown. They putting all the irish stored into liquidation.

Big loss, that'll be quite a gaping hole, can't see who'd fill it. The M&S shopping center (as it could perhaps now be known) will effectively be useful only as a city center parking complex.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Big loss, that'll be quite a gaping hole, can't see who'd fill it. The M&S shopping center (as it could perhaps now be known) will effectively be useful only as a city center parking complex.

Who knows, perhaps M&S might want to expand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Can't see it happening to be honest. They'll probably split into two stores over the two levels and use the third as a store room.

Debenhams is a big loss, we would have shopped there quite a lot from clothes, to household stuff etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just wondering if you had stuff ordered from Debenhams will it still come now as that stuff is posted from the UK I believe?

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just wondering if you had stuff ordered from Debenhams will it still come now as that stuff is posted from the UK I believe?

All orders on the website were always shipped from the UK, assuming the online store continutes, the "Click and collect" option will be gone, as is the option for instore returns.

Also you are now ordering from outside the EU, and lose any EU distance selling protections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

All orders on the website were always shipped from the UK, assuming the online store continutes, the "Click and collect" option will be gone, as is the option for instore returns.

Also you are now ordering from outside the EU, and lose any EU distance selling protections.
    So at the moment may be ok unless the UK store goes belly up before I receive same? Fair enough be harder to return but if you don't want to return items should be ok then? Well once items are sent out in the meantime and I suppose Debenhams pays nightline to deliver them. Just strange cos I ordered clothes a week ago and just saying order submitted to supplier. Toys have been sent out was due one yesterday and two more emails from Debenhams on Tuesday saying toys dispatched. Ordered another toy last night from them so hopefully all come.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

With Debenhams leaving, the space left would be great for a H&M and would definitely increase the footfall in the shopping center imo

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

With Debenhams leaving, the space left would be great for a H&M and would definitely increase the footfall in the shopping center imo

Sports direct are rumoured to be interested

Advertisement