Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

m17 wrote: »
    Monaghans have opened there 3rd shop
    edoeBZW.jpg

Third in the city, and a forth one in headford.

Was in there and big improvement in the deli counter and layout of shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Third in the city, and a forth one in headford.

Was in there and big improvement in the deli counter and layout of shop.

OK so Tuam Road is one, this is now another. Where is number 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

flazio wrote: »
    OK so Tuam Road is one, this is now another. Where is number 3?

Westside

Is that the one between the Hospital back entrance and the Westside Aldi. Peugeot dealer if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,710 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sign in the window says Next are closing their Edward Square branch on 14 March.

Gateway complex ie Knocknacarra shopping centre is their only remaining store in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Most of this isn't new info but the new phase of Knocknacarra shopping centre has signage on the windows. The brands shown were Harvey Norman, Boots, Evergreen and Carraig Donn. There were also 3 windows that said what kind of shop would be going in but not the name of the retailer. They were Sports shop, outdoor shop and pet store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

b.gud wrote: »
    Most of this isn't new info but the new phase of Knocknacarra shopping centre has signage on the windows. The brands shown were Harvey Norman, Boots, Evergreen and Carraig Donn. There were also 3 windows that said what kind of shop would be going in but not the name of the retailer. They were Sports shop, outdoor shop and pet store.
    I am going to guess sport world/elverys, probably petworld and maybe call of the wild

Sports shop badly needed on that side of the city, very bare in that regard on that end in salthill area

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://ie.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=62ea71b2a3e10a2d&from=serp&prevUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fie.indeed.com%2Fm%2Fjobs%3Fq%3DNew%2BStore%2BOpening%26l%3D%26ts%3D1583001669141%26pts%3D1582753265933%26rq%3D1%26rsIdx%3D0%26fromage%3Dlast%26newcount%3D9

A 100 seater cafe, Synge & Byrne opening within the Harvey Norman store advertising for staff.

Sports World would be good. Galway already has enough Elverys and Life Style Sports stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

3tNhE9o.jpg

9RIb6S8.jpg

fwacyC4.jpg

vfsAvWY.jpg

czQPiap.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

m17 wrote: »
    czQPiap.jpg

Excellent provision of disabled parking. Also the husband waiting area on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Am I the only one that thinks the line up here is extremely poor? the marketing on this seemed to suggest they were targeting the likes of H&M, Zara and Homesense and we end up with currently one confirmed retailer that didn't previously have a location in Galway (Harvey Norman) and now our third Carraig Donn and 7th Evergreen store - Also did Dunnes need more space?.. major letdown in my opinion given the opportunity for some decent sized units that are open use. sign of the times when all they can fill the units up with is c$$p.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

And 3rd boots
    Also disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

H&M, Zara and the like are slowly reducing their presence on the high street. Online competition is fierce at the moment and it's only going to get harder for for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

snoopy84 wrote: »
    And 3rd boots
    Also disappointed

Boots on the westside of the city. very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

topcat77 wrote: »
    Boots on the westside of the city. very happy

This. The Boots in Shop Street is a nightmare and while the one in the Galway Shopping Centre is OK, I'd rather not cross the Bridge just to get to it.
    If the Petshop turns out to be a Petworld, I'd be very happy indeed. Almost everything I need on the "right" side of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Jammyd wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks the line up here is extremely poor?

I nearly commented yesterday that I was pleasantly surprised how well rounded the offerings were as I hadn't expected a sports store or pet shop. Both of those, as someone above said, on the "right" side of town would be great. Boots is another big one for the missus. I actually stock up on things like clumping cat litter because I find Wellpark is a pain to get to especially if you want to park close to a shop when carrying something heavy.

I thought there was mention of an IKEA-like furniture store, gym, and KFC or hopefully better options as well?

Guess its just me :) - I would have thought we had enough chemists and health food shops in the west side and the other chemist in the retail park isnt far off a Boots already? - appreciate a petshop this side of town is handy alright but would have thought that type of store could possibly open anywhere on the Westside of the city around Westside or in one of the business parks.. I'm not sure they needed to wait until a new retail park was built to open up out that way..

Anyways I would have preferred something new we didn't already have to bring some variety and choice to Galway shoppers vs isn't it handy we now have another Boots thats bit closer to the house. Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting the place to become a Crescent SC overnight but something of the mix out in Parkway retail park would have been handy -something like a Homesense or Decathlon would have been great out there

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

I'm disappointed too, had hoped for more new shops tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Would have loved a nice big Penneys this side of town.
    The one out in Tesco isn't great.

• Advertisement

Line up announced on the Gateway retail park Facebook feed lists Camille Thai and Esquires Cafe, the crèche will be run by Spraoi Early Learning centre from Gort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Jammyd wrote: »
    Line up announced on the Gateway retail park Facebook feed lists Camille Thai and Esquires Cafe, the crèche will be run by Spraoi Early Learning centre from Gort

Great to see Camille coming to Galway. Having experienced Spraoi... that's most definitely not so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Harvey Norman Ireland - Carraig Donn - EvergreenHealth - Boots Ireland - Camile Thai - Esquires Coffee Ireland - Spraoi Early Learning Centres Gort And more to be announced.

I wonder if "pet store" and "sports store" is a marketing vision of what could go in there or is something definitely locked in but unannounced?

I wonder if "pet store" and "sports store" is a marketing vision of what could go in there or is something definitely locked in but unannounced?

Read a report from Bannon (the letting agent) and they state the entire scheme is pre let so doubt its marketing more likely there’s still contracts being completed before they can release the name

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Would the unit for the sports shop be big enough for that Decathlon crowd that are talking about opening up in Galway?

I doubt it as their first Irish store is about to open over by IKEA and its probably the size or bigger than the Existing Dunnes (twice that probably) in Knocknacarra unless they planned on opening a much smaller scale store for Galway - their units tend to be very large (well the ones I've been in on the continent)

grbear wrote: »
    Would the unit for the sports shop be big enough for that Decathlon crowd that are talking about opening up in Galway?

A Decathlon would be fantastic but those units look too small for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭testtech05

Seems to be a new shop front beside dominos in westside where I think subway used to be. Captain something or other is the name over the door. Couldn't see clearly as was taking quite heavy when I was passing...

Passed by DH Westlink on the Tuam road today. And all closed up, all cars gone.
    Website is up with no mention of address change.

Has it closed or moved etc?

Steeltech Sheds are setting up on this site now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Pistachio

O'Reilly's Salthill reopening at 3pm today 16/03/2020, on their FB page.

Advertisement