Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

https://vimeo.com/399331089

First half of the Benoit Vice doc made available on Vimeo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

brianblaze wrote: »
    https://vimeo.com/399331089

First half of the Benoit Vice doc made available on Vimeo

was just going to post that myself

cant wait to watch it excellent series

• Registered Users Posts: 60,336 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watched it last night a hard watch.

Watched it last night a hard watch.

I'm not gonna watch it, but figured it's worth a share for those that would

• Registered Users Posts: 39,485 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that Benoit vice episode was bleak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Onto some positive news, Jeff Hardy said they will use No More Words theme song again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Apologies if this is the wrong thread. I didn’t really know where to put it. Is there anywhere , where I can watch the full Paul Heyman behind the ropes interviews he has done. I checked YouTube and they only have small clips.

Although a decent wrestler but that ligero guy on NXT UK looks ridiculous

Benoit in his profession was one of the best of all time but as Christ Benoit the person he seemed a total prick and came across as having something wrong with him mentally. For what he done he deserves to have his legacy hidden

His son David seems last nice guy but feel he is struggling mentally and you can't blame him

Jericho seemed to be half cut doing his interviews for this doc

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wasn't sure where to stick this but I'm running a PW tournament on the Forum Games section if anyone's interested. It's Old School WWF characters.

Link is here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    Wasn't sure where to stick this but I'm running a PW tournament on the Forum Games section if anyone's interested. It's Old School WWF characters.

Link is here.

Oh I love these tournaments. I’m on my way :D

Of all the wrestler that have died the one I'd love to still be around is macho man randy savage. I mean just imagine him being involved with WWE in Florida at the PC and passing on his knowledge to young wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,336 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Snort some cocaine just before you do your promo!

Oh Yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Of all the wrestler that have died the one I'd love to still be around is macho man randy savage. I mean just imagine him being involved with WWE in Florida at the PC and passing on his knowledge to young wrestlers.

So many have gone too soon for various reasons. Picking just one would be very difficult too do imo

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Think it's important to listen to older wrestlers advice for newer wrestlers but it's has to come to a point where they just got to get out there and do it for themselfs.
    It's clear that guys who were successful before WWE have a better handle on getting themselves over when the WWE creative let's them down.
    I think it was less then a year ago Braun was beating Owens and throwing him into portable toilets. Owens get himself over again and Braun colder then his every been. There only so much sitting in the performance center listening to Shwan Micheals talking about false finishes and running drills with A-Train can get ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,113 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not sure if people already know about this but just saw this on another site...

https://www.cricketsweepstakes.com/wwenetwork

The number needs to be 10 digits and can't start with 0. I picked AT&T for the phone network.

Worked fine for me and got three months for free. Pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jface187 wrote: »
    Think it's important to listen to older wrestlers advice for newer wrestlers but it's has to come to a point where they just got to get out there and do it for themselfs.
    It's clear that guys who were successful before WWE have a better handle on getting themselves over when the WWE creative let's them down.
    I think it was less then a year ago Braun was beating Owens and throwing him into portable toilets. Owens get himself over again and Braun colder then his every been. There only so much sitting in the performance center listening to Shwan Micheals talking about false finishes and running drills with A-Train can get ya.

Talent will always rise ultimately, I’m a firm believer in that and think a look back over recent and distant history bares that out. The problem is that buzz doesn’t always translate into talent. Sometimes the indie lads can’t be held back (Bryan, AJ, KO), sometimes they absolutely flop (Nakamura) then some lad who came straight from flopping in the NFL clicks (Let’s never forget The Rock walked straight from flopping in Canadian Football, bypassed the indies and is now the biggest global star wrestling has ever produced).

And then there’s being the right guy in the right place when the right trend is on point for fans, which is something that I think doesn’t get talked about enough. Big lads were seen as boring and useless a few years back, now they’re all the rage. Something else will be cool in a year or two and nobody knows what yet, but there’s people coming up doing that exact style who nobody is paying attention to.

That element is one of the most fun parts of wrestling for me, there really is no pre-defined script.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I would love to see someone wrestle trained by Eddie.

Free WWE network for anyone in lockdown getting bored

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-offers-free-access-wwe-network

brianblaze wrote: »
    Free WWE network for anyone in lockdown getting bored

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-offers-free-access-wwe-network

New customers only?

• Advertisement

New customers only?

Don't think so. I used my free trial before with the same card details and I put in the same card details, e-mail for this offer etc and I still got it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't think so. I used my free trial before with the same card details and I put in the same card details, e-mail for this offer etc and I still got it.

Is it just a free month? Like must we resubscribe?

Is it just a free month? Like must we resubscribe?

It says three free months and I can cancel at anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Twitter is full of doucebags haha.
    Ah it's just the way it is. Sure ever go to pro wrestling section on here?

Everyone of them is a know it all despite none of them ever lacing up a pair of boots.

Gets annoying after a while.

Nice to know we're all loved :pac::pac::pac:
    Haha. Best to avoid.
    I got a two week ban from it myself. It's a herd mentality. Love to gang up on people who offer a different view.

Bunch of as*holes lol.

Oh we're a bunch of as*holes actually, my mistake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Nice to know we're all loved :pac::pac::pac:

Oh we're a bunch of as*holes actually, my mistake!

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Link is here.

This is helping to kill the WFH boredom,

fair play for running it

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not sure if people already know about this but just saw this on another site...

https://www.cricketsweepstakes.com/wwenetwork

The number needs to be 10 digits and can't start with 0. I picked AT&T for the phone network.

Worked fine for me and got three months for free. Pleasantly surprised.

Did this, worked fine, thanking you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

Watched Dark Side of The Ring: Benoit pt. 1, there, and have to say that Chris Benoit's son from his previous marriage, David, just seems like a great lad. Seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and loves wrestling. Still evidently looks up to his old man as a wrestler, and as everything he was prior to that terrible weekend. I did cock an eyebrow listening to the interview he did with Chris van Vliet, though, where David said he wanted to be a wrestler and make no secret of his association with his dad. It's like, yeah, Chris Benoit was one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, but you just can't mention his name without getting into the murder-suicide thing as well, and completely toxifies the brand. Sorry. End of.

https://twitter.com/rusevbul/status/1242488793665376256?s=21

A random thought is that Russev is a stand up guy. Kind of confirms what you hear about him being well liked.

• Advertisement

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    giphy.gif

That gif reminds me of watching the end of the streak live and I can't remember a crowd gettting that silent so fast. And then the fact they didn't play brocks music straight away was great. There was two gasps I assume because it took a couple of seconds for the whole crowd to realise what has happened. I hated the fact the streak ended but the way it was handled when it did was really well done.

Advertisement