Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Maven matches on WWE Network ain't the same since they dubbed his music.

I always find it funny when people ask him about his theme music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone got any decent wrestling merchandise? I just bought a signed Ric Flair magazine and a signed Bret Hart magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wrestlers don't do the arms wraped between the rope spot anymore.

Foley did the head between the ropes spot in the late 90's which had been a big spot in the 70's & 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No they don’t and when watching Andre the giant matches mostly, it’s a very logical spot for a guy his size, because it doesn’t matter what size you are, if your arms are tied up in a wrestling ring then you can’t move.

There’s lot of spots that aren’t done nowadays or not the way they were originally intended. I loved was Sgt Slaughters over the top turnbuckle into the ring post spot which he did a few times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Was KO tied up in the ropes for the Bloodline segment at Royal Rumble or was that handcuffs? That's the last similar spot I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I seem to remember Pretty Deadly or some heel team having one member tied up, getting free to cost the other team the win, before tying himself up again before the ref could notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

I remember Macho Man got tied up and Jake Roberts set the cobra on him and they showed him biting into this arm drawing blood.. Gruesome angle!! i cried my 9yr old head off and didnt sleep for a few days after that! Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some of those 90s/2000s attitude stuff were just so gruesome

Lita and the Hardys getting attacked by Stone Cold and Triple H. Lita took full on hard chair shots

Rated RKO beating Ric Flair to a Pulp

JR been set on fire by Kane (imagine been in the crowd that night watching that)

Jeff Jerrart attacking random females

Among others

Forgot about the Eugene and Zach Gowan stuff

Think Vince must of been going through a personal crisis at the time (2002-2004). Heavily jacked up fighting one legged wrestlers and his own daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

Is Saraya from AEW's gimmick that she might let you shift her in the Fibbers smoking area?

• Advertisement

Billy corgan is a **** moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Watching The Gravest Challenge. Christ Bobby & Gorilla were the best ever. Heenan was gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Usually I have no issues calling wrestler's by their new monikers, or going back to their old pre-WWE monikers (Moxley/Danielson/Miro etc)

But I can't call Edge, Adam Copeland. Edge is Edge.

Bobby and gorilla were absolute gold. You should watch the prime time wrestling studio and on location stuff. It’s still funny over thirty years ago.

Vince choking Stephanie with that pipe at No Mercy 2003 was hmmm...

I do distinctly remember thinking at the time, "OK, that's enough WWE for now."

As I mentioned Bobby heenan a couple of posts above, here’s a promo from the AWA. It’s why I love the promos from years ago, as it’s still believable all these years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Havent seen this before. A few heavy bumps for someone with a very bad back.

So now that Vince is pretty much on the outs and Endeavor own the WWE who will pick the HOF inductees

Will some of those 50 wrestlers who took the class action lawsuit finally have a chance of getting in.

Will Demolition finally get in.

Looks like Sunny got a year in prison for every stone she weighs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Advertisement

Well, with Vince being pushed out and WWE continuing it's transition to being a soulless corporate entity, we can't rule out the HoF being scrapped entirely as a cost-saving measure.

How many guys came into the Pro Wrestling world cold in terms of not watching it before they started training ?

Think Goldberg and Taker joined as a last resort

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The most random of random wrasslin’ thoughts for the day.

I love the idea of movesets. Adds so much to the styles, characters and perception of a wrestler.

My person favs are Scott Hall, Either Steiner Brother and Bray Wyatt.

And for anyone asking Fallaway slams are *chefs kiss*.

I dunno. Maybe for nostalgia they're great, but I do find some bits jarring at times - e.g., Randy Orton's middle rope DDT, CM Punk's Knee in the corner, The Miz' 'it kicks' and clothesline into the corner. Just makes too many matches templates for me and takes originiality away at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Corbin won a gold medal in a jiu jitsu tournament over the weekend. He won golden glove awards in boxing too and his wiki says he was noted for getting in fights/scuffles at training in his 2 years in the NFL.

Probably one of the most legit hard men in wrestling and you wouldn't really think it.

Winning a Golden Gloves means nothing in fairness. There’s thousands of Golden Glove competitions/tournaments so I don’t think it’s worth mentioning beyond commentary using it as a kayfabe way of making him sound like this great boxer.

Winning a blue belt Jiu-Jitsu tournament is cool

30 years ago today.

There will never be anyone as good as the The Brain again in wrestling.

Nope. He was just gifted. His promos were amazing and his commentary of in particular the 1992 royal rumble are legendary.

• Advertisement

Something that's becoming rare enough these days are face painted wrestlers

Supposed it's only so much can be done and the guys like Sting and Dustin Rhodes/Goldust are masters of that look

Last wwe guy must of been 'Stardust'

Advertisement