Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Boghouse51

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Basically they have the ability to speed it along

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Sono

We received our child’s passport last Tuesday, anyone know when to expect the birth cert and wife’s passport back? Meant to be getting our son christened very soon and worried we won’t have the birth certificate in time! Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Have same issue here, got passport 2 weeks ago, but wifes birth cert is still AWOL. Cannot get through on chat or phone. I am moving house in 2 weeks so may end up missing it! Such a PITA

Are they actually answering the phone, or is it just a blanket message saying they are too busy to answer the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 galycos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Don't like the sound of this :/

My Daughter's (child's renewal) estimated dispatch is 19th Aug - we are travelling 21st Aug. It went in on 26 July i.e. I posted the docs that day

I wrote on the cover letter that we were travelling in the 21st.

I'd read somewhere during the application it takes 3 (working) days to basically open the envelope. Then another 10 to process the docs. And the giudeline they were giving was about 15 working days.

No change in the status - it says "On hold, pending receipt of documentation"

I suppose I better start trying to contact them tomorrow - in the meantime any good news stories for me to cling to would be most welcome :)

Posted my docs on a tues received Thursday and changed on Fri to processing application from pending awaiting documentation.

I'd agree you'd be better attempting to contact them I tried. Fri and today via wed web chat without any success .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 2zefirki

I am so upset about all passport situation.waiting 7 weeks for my childs first passport.date was july 17th on passport tracker.2 weeks ago I contacted them via hub and asked for my passport back (sent it as proof of citizenship)as I my other child currently abroad visiting grandparents and I have to bring him back to Ireland ASAP.nobody else can bring him as my wife has to stay with baby.we all planned to go to pick our son up,but no babys passport.so I must go alone.I still dont have my passport back.Hub chat is down,no way of contacting them.have no idea what to do

Is web chat officially down .

I've tried a number of days this week.join queue around 27 to 34 get down to around 17 and that's it doesn't move any further. Total waste of time trying. Dfa should be fined €5 every day they go over the estimated issue date.

Have to say one of the worst I've ever had to deal with.

Words fail to express my frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

Only the parent who submits the Declaration Form A and the proof of residency documents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Luckylow10

Sent childs online renewal 20/7 with consent form same day. Estimated issue date was 13/8. Went to print yesterday and despatched today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Contact a local TD. They have a parliamentary contact in the passport office

I Believe dfa passport office has been contacted by numerous TD'S and for many months in the past

Seems they are a law onto themselves.

Technically all passport applications should be processed by date ie someone like myself who submitted application 7 months ago in January should be dealt with before say someone who submitted a application in may June or July.

When the paused period came to an end in first few days of may they stated they would be dealing with all applications received before the 29th of April but not surprisingly they have failed to adhere to there own advice...

Now that does fill me with hope :) Thanks!!

I got through to them yesterday. A lovely woman on the phone confirmed my docs were received, and being processed even though the online status says pending receipt.

Obviously said she cant guarantee anything but marked my file to say when we are travelling and said to ring back a few days before we go to check the status - Just have to hope :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Thats what happened me on June 21st , ring two weeks before your due to fly and we will sort it..... They did not

Ring and ask to be added to the expedited queue..

Also don't waste your time with TD's all they do is ring the DFA and ask to put a note that they called nothing else.. they are "ringing as a favour" but ultimately not doing anything and when the passport gets issued they look great riding off into the sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I finally got on the chat yesterday, told them I needed my sons passport as I was going to work abroad and my son and wife were coming with me. Changed to printing about 2 hours later on the tracker. Might be a route to go if your desperate for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

How long does it usually take for a child's passport renewal application to be processed and returned after the online application is done and the consent form is submitted? I know it says 15 working days on the form but I'm wondering if anyone has got there's sooner.

Go raibh maith agaibh.

Have tried all morning to contact dfa via webchat absolute frustration beyond belief .

Eventually got through to webchat .

Explained that I've a holiday booked from February for 20th of next month and travel agent contacted Me at weekend informing me that balance was due on 18th of August.

Also explained that I applied for passport in January and that estimated issue date was 23/07/21 .

She explained first of all that issue tracking dates are wrong .

She further explained as follows.

Unfortunately as first time applicants go through extra security checks we can't facilitate a request to progress your application quicker/faster.. please cancel your flight and rebook when you receive your passport.

I'm totally astounded by her reply regarding cancellation of my flight/holiday. As dfa messed me about for 5 weeks awaiting a link to forward documentation this after pausing my passport application for over 4 months due to level 5 lockdown...

The worst I've ever had to deal with...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 2zefirki

I also had not successfull conversation today about my babys passport.I told my other child is abroad (he is special.needs),we need to go to see him.provided supervisor all details,she talked to her supervisor....they cant help us!!!!

• Advertisement

Ok kids passport was posted today. Now I'm going to be sweating on our supporting passports coming back, how long does that take? I've got exactly 2 weeks until I leave.

I'm afraid it's a lottery some people getting documentation back pronto others not.

What I feel to understand is once they scan supporting documents on to system while they don't immediately that day return everything.

Luckylow10 posted above that they sent a childs renewal on 20 July and passport dispatched 5th Aug

Happy to say that mine (child's renewal) has been dispatched last night and out for delivery with the postman as i speak (according to the An Post tracking). So, I posted my docs off 26th July arrived 10th Aug

Edit: Postman just dropped it in the letterbox

Post edited by jmBuildExt on

Kept trying and keep over exaggerating the importance of it. I was on the chat 3 times, first 2 agents werent helpful, the 3rd pushed it right through that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

There's a simple solution to all this. Stop doing Brexit ones until the Irish backlog is cleared. Who cares if 55 year old Steve from Huddersfield can't use the EU queue at Malaga airport.

Would of been different if online applications wouldn't of been paused in December.Thats where this backlog stemmed from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Out of interest, for an adult who just needs to renew their passport, what is the turnaround time like now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

DFA site says 10 working days for "simple renewals"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Edit

Finally got through to the web chat. They said you won’t go to the back of the queue if they need additional documents for an application. The application will continue once they receive it.

Post edited by Mimikyu on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mattymcc

Advertisement