Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Got onto them yesterday on the Live chat, told them I needed them Monday, they arrived just there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Boghouse51

Fair play to you .

Don't take this the wrong way but I was born and bred in Ireland still live in Ireland and always have .

Applied in January sent documentation first week of June . Not a happy bunny after reading your post .

Dfa have processed a first time application submitted in may when they stated they were prioritizing all applications received before the 29/04/21.

They. Will hear me on Monday by _ _ _ _ they will big time

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cookiee

it's a shame they seem to be processing applications at random, some people waiting ages some people not! I applied April and got it in 40 days, yet you applied January and it's still not here. They really got it messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mattymcc

No offense taken - I totally agree with prioritizing Irish residents.

Keep in mind- if you applied in January sent documentation the first week of June - then they didn't "receive" your application before 29/04/21 - they only really received it the day they opened your documents.

Another thing is - they only recently opened online first-time applicants in my country - so it might be a different office/team?

Mine was posted on Aug 14th and is now in the process of printing my ID card.

Good luck and I hope you get yours soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

I got a renewal for a 10 year passport and the turnaround time was 4 working days recently. Applied online on a Thursday and passport was in my letter box the following Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd agree I never sent documentation till June .

But I was not permitted to send documentation till first week of may .

Then I waited til June on them sending me a re submission link . Hopefully receive passport by end of Month if webchat to be believed. Ps I won't hold my breath but....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Poochie05

For anyone doing a straightforward renewal, I applied online for an adult passport renewal at lunchtime on Monday, arrived this morning. I had photos done in a Photome booth and got a code that I used as part of the application process.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

My wife's application is identical to yours however thankfully she got both passport and card at the start of July if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Masala

Checked Tracker last week.... and Passport looked liked to to be issued 25th August all good.

Went in today the 26th August ... and there is not still a processing progress bar AND the due date for issue is 23rd August.

In effect.... its got worse!!

I was informed twice issue dates are wrong . My issue date was 23/07/21.

Asked operator on web chat when I was likely to receive passport was told 8 weeks or 40 working days after they receive all required documentation. I asked again for a date when likely to be processed and was told first week of September. My documentation was received according to mail tracker on 28/06/21 they say wasn't received till 03/07/21.

I submitted application in January but wasn't permitted to submit required documentation till 4 th of may.

Waited 5 weeks on them sending me a resubmission link despite me requesting one 4 times.

I am lost for words regarding their inadequate handling of the whole process. Wouldn't make one attempt to go and process application on account of messing me about for 5 weeks.

• Advertisement

Also webchat operator repeated herself twice regarding serious backlog.my reply was why don't you process applications received in November Dec 20 and January till 29/04/21 before processing any renewal or first the applications.....,.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I started the online renewal for my 13 year old on Friday, got all the stuff signed in the guards today, I'll post it in the morning, hopefully it won't take too long 😁 I'll update here

• Registered Users Posts: 11 2zefirki

My baby's passport was due to be issued 5 weeek ago...stilll nothing.10 weeks so far of waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

I submitted my application on 16 Aug. It was due today 30 Aug. Last Friday 27 Aug, They contacted me as photo was not acceptable - taken by a pharmacy, really they should know the guidelines you'd think. I resubmitted taken at home but now due date has changed to 10 Sept. I'm flying to London this weekend. I doubt there is anything that can be done now does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cookiee

If you're an Irish or UK citizen you can travel on certain airlines (air Lingus is one) on a driving license or any government issue id, no passport required. https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/passports-and-visas/travel-to-from-britain/

I was told last Monday the 23rd of aug that all estimated issue dates are incorrect.

For example my issue date was 23/07/21 is in fact the 3rd is September is the correct issue date according to Web chat. According to passport tracker my documentation was received on the 28/06/21

Some nine weeks ago today I'm totally frustrated with the whole process that started in January....

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Ring them (they only answer between 9.00 and 9.30/10.00 am - after that you won't get them - be persistant keep trying til the msg says "ring back tomorrow") - If its a renewal they can turn it around in a day, if they want to (and happy with the documentation).

Personally i think softly softly approach is best - dont sound entitled because somewhere in the small print it says the guide times aren't guaranteed.

Yes it does say the guide line is not a guarantee of issue but I've been trying to get passport since January gets to the stage you get totally scundered with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Masala

Holy ****..... this is the message I get at 0903 this morning when I log into Chat ...

joke of a system......

I actually got someone on webchat early yesterday morning. He put on a note on my application to say I was flying Saturday which the processing team would see and to contact them again on Wednesday or Thursday. No guarantees of course but hopefully it might get processed quickly. The tracker date is still at 10 Sept but not sure of that updates if they were going to process it quicker.

Post edited by dendof on

• Advertisement

Will be much quicker than that as people get dealt with. I had the same yesterday with maybe 50 ahead of me

Is your application a first time application or renewa??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SoloVoyager

When an issue date is given, does it mean that an initial assessment by passport staff has been completed and that an Irish passport can be issued -- or what does an issue date actually signify?

Mine is a first time application. Born abroad to an Irish citizen. I initially completed the online application on 01/06/2021. Then submitted all documentation. Envelope was received by them on 23/06/2021. Tracker saying "processing" started on 26/06/2021. Estimated issue date was 23/07/2021. Today is working day 47 since "processing" began.

I've been on the webchat twice. They said my application hasn't been checked yet. (Then why was I given an issue date is what I'm scratching my head about.)

They did say that they'd put a note on my application (it's important I get it back by 30/09/2021), after my prompting them to do so, but gave no guarantee as to the issue date (mentioning the earlier lockdown and backlog which meant that turnaround times aren't accurate anymore).

So if someone can decode what the issue date is all about, please let me know. Also, hasn't the backlog already been cleared?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Issue date sounds like it was for a straightforward first Irish passport (first passport for a child, passport after citizenship ceremony etc). Your application is more complex which they'll only have noted when the application was received. The first issue date doesn't tend to change regardless of the problem

My issue date was 23/07/21 also . They told me last week issue dates are incorrect .

They say they received my supporting documentation on 03/07/21

I noted the 03/07/21 was a Saturday

So don't know about that lol.

My online tracking changed from pending to processing application on 28/06/21

Webchat informed me on 09/08/21 that issue date of 23/07/21 was incorrect and after pushing them for a date they said estimated issue date was 30/08/21.

Decided to try them again last mon the 23/08/21 to see if issue date was still 30/08/21 .

They told me issue date first week of september 🙄 infuriating to say the least. Application still showing today as processing estimated issue date 23/07/21.

To answer you're question issue date should be when they dispatch your passport ie 8 weeks or 40 working days.

They say they are registering documentation in 5 working days and verifying and scanning documentation in 5 weeks and issuing most passports within 8 weeks.

So to tell you they haven't looked at your documentation or scanned it is a total disgrace after 47 days is diabolical

Total disgrace.

What really annoys me is I know other first time applicants who applied after yourself and myself who have received there passport's weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Without quoting your full post Boghouse51 there is post in some parts of Dublin on Saturdays and and passport office staff are working weekends.

As regards baglog it should have been cleared long time ago dfa stated a while back that they had the capacity to procces 120000 applications per month.

There's quite obviously something else going wrong that they are not disclosing

My suggestion to webchat last Monday was pause all applications for first time applicants untill all passport application's in system more than 40 working days are issued....

Yes but is passport office in Balbriggan open to receive post on on Saturday mornings,?

• Advertisement

There's no citizenship ceremony for me and I'm in the same situation as solo voyager lol😃

Advertisement