Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,004 ✭✭✭✭rob316

i hope the guy was being ultra conservative to avoid setting expectations

i was a bit taken aback by his response being that there were 'people waiting from november' when i asked if any chance of getting it before 12 weeks from now (18+ weeks in total).

its kinda like he was setting the bar of incompetency so high to lower my expectations to the lowest possible point. strange approach but it is a government agency so shouldnt come as much of a surprise.

The average wait time is 40 working days currently (8 weeks). They have capacity to do 120k a month, it really shouldn't take that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

from "receipt" of documents
    sounds like they have a tray with a thousands of unopened envelopes there
    i hope you are right though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnx

rob316 wrote: »
    The average wait time is 40 working days currently (8 weeks). They have capacity to do 120k a month, it really shouldn't take that long.

I donno, I's say that wait time is a bit out of date.

I applied early May and sent in docs two days later. ETA was 14th of June and we're well past that now. OH sent in renewal (expired passport) end of May and docs right after. It took them until middle of June to confirm documents received and also still processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Boghouse51

rob316 wrote: »
    I changed my holiday to the end of the August but even that could be looking dodgy :mad:

Apparently they had a back log of 88 thousand at start of may and were prioritizing all applications they received before the 29/04/21 . Fail to see how they haven't moved forward from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Just rang passport office cos application tracker has said pending receipt of docs for six weeks (even tho they were delivered via on post registered post on 21st May). Guy on phone told me it would be at least 12 more weeks from now as they have 90,000 backlog. I said is there any chance it’ll be sooner and his answer was that there was people that applied in November still waiting. That is a shambles :(

I suspect that 90,000 includes all the British and that applications made from Ireland would get priority?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Application received
    09/11/2020

Still waiting

damianmcr wrote: »
    Application received
    09/11/2020

Still waiting

don't mean to go overboard and am not one to criticize the gov or civil service for the sake of it but that is absolutely shocking.
    yenom wrote: »
    I suspect that 90,000 includes all the British and that applications made from Ireland would get priority?

unfortunately not the case.

don't mean to go overboard and am not one to criticize the gov or civil service for the sake of it but that is absolutely shocking.

unfortunately not the case.

Backlog in my opinion was avoidable pausing applications in December was totally unnecessary . As for the dfa having the capacity to issue 120 k passports a month I can't see it happening unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I'm waiting on my childs first passport. I've just received back my passport and birth certificate. I was told it had already been scanned on about two weeks ago but are even though they are scanned on are they only sent back when the application is completed? I know a few have said here that they've gotten a passport and it still says application processing but then as well they received the supporting documents after the passport.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Applied for a straightforward renewal online Friday morning, 2nd July. Passport book arrived Monday 5th July. Can't complain about that.

• Advertisement

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    Applied online Friday morning, 2nd July. Passport book arrived Monday 5th July. Can't complain about that.

wow
    its amazing how some are waiting for 8-9 months then others just get it in 3 days.. wtf

Ps i just got update today, following application submitted 21 may and "pending docs" ever since
    it now says processing application :

"The estimated* issue date for your Passport is: 21/06/2021"

this is a big relief, to see some progress even though the issue date has passed.

Applied online Friday morning, 2nd July. Passport book arrived Monday 5th July. Can't complain about that.

Hi good afternoon .
    Is that a passport renewal you are referring to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

Card arrived in today. From an application from the middle of May, so they seem to be starting up the cards again as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Card arrived in today. From an application from the middle of May, so they seem to be starting up the cards again as well.

That's good to hear, I'm waiting on a card application from may too so maybe it comes soon..

Yes. If you look again you may notice "Straightforward renewal." is the title of my post.
    Boghouse51 wrote: »
    Hi good afternoon .
    Is that a passport renewal you are referring to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yes. If you look again you may notice "Straightforward renewal." is the title of my post.

You can't see post titles on mobile/touch version of this site ;)

I didn't know that; never use Boards on my mobile. I've edited my original post. Thanks for the info.
    Caranica wrote: »
    You can't see post titles on mobile/touch version of this site ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My renewal:

Applied 24th April

Passport book received in the post 28th May

Passport card finally arrived today, 6th July :)

Yeah but you see I viewed it of page 200 apologies for any inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cookiee

My passport card finally came last week 41 days after application

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭stopthevoting

They didn't mean the title on the first page, They meant an individual title for that particular post, which they did not realise was not visible for some people. I could see it it at the time using a desktop computer, but it seems to be gone now after the site upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Anyone put in a child's straight forward renewal recently and how long did it take please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KattyBY

I've applied on a kid's renewal on June 28th. The estimated issue date was scheduled on July 13th 🙄, BUT an application status is still "Processing application"... No changes from June 29th :(

By any chance do you know how to contact them? 🧐

Yikes, there is a webchat but it's difficult to get on to.

Thank you! Looks like their webchat is not available now, and phone lines are closed due to a high volume... 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fatmeathman

Hi there my wife had booked flights for 20th just after travel restrictions lifted. She completed application for our 11 month old early may website indicated estimated delivery date 13jul21. We were told on web chat that it may be another 2-3 weeks. Has anybody any way they can help us. Our baby’s grandmother is 92 and maybe only chance she will get to meet him. Also none of her family has seen the little man. Please help if u can thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 APMom

I applied for a child’s renewal on 22/5 and it arrived exactly 6 weeks later. I sent the supporting documents the same day as online application so process started on 24/5. While it says 2 weeks for online applications further on it says 6-8 weeks for complex applications which includes child renewals.

I got this and retook the photo on my phone. The original was taken on the phone as well though.

• Advertisement

Did you manage to get your kid's passport?

FYI: I'm still waiting and an application status is still the same - "Processing application" :(((((

Advertisement