Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

No mine is still processing. I am going to cancel the holiday if I don't see it completed by Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fragglerock77

I applied for child renewal on 20/06 with expected date of July 9th. Application showed "processing" until yesterday afternoon where it changed to dispatched and passport arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JamesLenihan

Guys I’m traveling to the UK next Thursday with Ryanair. My Passport expires the day after I get back is this going to be an issue? I expected my new one to be here by now but there was an issue with the picture so now it’s due 3 days after I get back. Any thoughts?

Ring the DFA and check. My understanding is that you should be fine once your passport is still in date but I wonder if they have cancelled your old one. Otherwise tweet Ryanair and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

hi guys back again

so i got childs first passport around two weeks ago, my passport is supposed to be returned within 2 weeks but no sign of it yet

i need to travel in the next ten days, is there a way i can go in and collect it somewhere? anyone got experience of how long it takes to get ur own passport back? wish i had photocopied my birth cert now instead of sending passport in with application

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Booked a holiday today, flying out Sunday the 1st of August. Wife confirmed that her passport wasn't due to expire until October this year.

I just checked all our passports, and hers actually expired last October.

Any idea what my options are here?

TIA

sorry to say but i dont think you have much hope of getting passport renewal by 1st aug given its now 25th july and there are months of delays there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If it is a straightforward renewal she might have it very quickly if she renews online

No guarantee, but there are recent posts on this thread where people have had their passport inside 48 hours

https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/onlinefaqs/

Adult online renewals seem to be going through in a couple of days. It's worth a gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 shivo

Anyone have experience with delivery times to mainland Europe?

The application for our newborn has an estimated issue date of 9th of August.

Does this mean it'll be posted on that date? And anyone know how long that might take to deliver to Luxembourg?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I would take the estimated issue date for new passports with a grain of salt. We applied for first passport for one of our kids at the start of June, estimated issue date of the start of July and it’s still processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mattymcc

Similarly, I applied online for my first adult passport from North America on May 18th - switched to processing on June 8th - The estimated* issue date: 09/07/2021.

It is still processing and I don't forsee getting it anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My passport went out of date last week. I intend to fly with Ryanair in November. Anyone know if I can I book now without a passport number? Its so long since I booked a flight Ive forgotten if they need your passport number at booking stage or only at boarding pass stage right before you fly. Would prefer to do the latter so I have a few extra months on the new passport.

Or is there a way to book now using the expired passport number and then later changing it when the new one comes in?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Cookiee

You don't need passport number till check-in/boarding stage, so you're good to buy now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks Cookie, was thinking that was the case but couldnt remember. Will book now and sort out the passport in mid October before flying in mid November

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi - I just received my Long Birth Cert in teh post - having applied for same in May.

Is just a case of sending ito teh PO Box in Balbriggan ???? Do I need to update any part of my Application???

I will include my Original Application Number as well as a Re-Submission number received..... is that all??

regards

PS... will tehy return my Original Birth Cert for my files???

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

Yes, that’s all you need to do, they will return all original documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KattyBY

Quick update: I've applied for two kid's renewal on June 28th (applications were submitted at the same time and consent forms were verified by the same person, I assume that applications were linked somehow as well -as there was an option to mention 'other" applications). Received the first passport today, the second one has status "printing".

anyone got recent experience of how long it takes to receive original documents after the kids passport?

still waiting for my own passport back and traveling next week, eeeek

• Advertisement

I’d be contacting the web chat ASAP to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Sono

Applied for newborn’s passport middle of May, arrived on Tuesday after an expected delivery date of 5th July.

wife applied for a new passport on Monday morning and it was delivered the next morning, it seems renewals are very quick but new applications are taking a long time and the updates on their site are pretty meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

I've just started a new job and I require a passport as part of my job is going to be travelling (though not for a few months yet as I am still in training). I've applied for the online passport and paid the fee only now it's telling me that I need to send a cover page (???), identity verification form, birth certificate and documents to verify citizenship. What in the absolute ballsack is this? Why bother applying online if you're just going to have to send them snail mail? My new job is a Monday to Friday, nine to five job, I won't be anywhere close to a post office and so I don't have the time to call their phone line as you can be waiting for hours to get through. I won't be getting any holiday days any time soon. Can I just go to the Post Office or a Garda station and get it sorted there? I'm Irish born and the only times I've ever left the country was when I was under ten years of age and that was to the UK.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Sounds like you've never had a passport before or left your passport lapse for a number of years. The only fully online application is an adult renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Online is straight forward for renewals but rightfully complex for first passports. Our passport is one of the most secure in the world. Most post offices open Saturday mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 35 galycos

Hoping someone in my same situation has done this before since it is impossible to contact anyone in the passport service to clarify.

Must both parents submit their own passport/national ID card for the application? I am not sure if both or just the parent that signs the declaration "form A".

We are not a married couple and both are EU citizens. This is our child first passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yes, they must.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Boghouse51

yes I encountered the same situation when I applied in January .

Application was paused till early may .

Then wasted a further 4 weeks waiting on a new link . Sent documentation in early June then had to send further documents in end of June. Estimated issue date 23 July and nothing still saying processing today 01/ 08/21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

My Childs passport was in since may , rescheduled one lot of flights and was 10 days from rescheduling again. Phoned up multiple times with no success. We hit 8 weeks this week with the application and I phoned up again. Low and behold a "brand new escalations" option became available on Thursday.

Passport was then expedited to this team , had the passport Friday morning. 8 weeks this went on. They are hands down the most difficult people I dealt with it bar the last 3 agents I spoke with.

Ask to have your first time childs passport to be expedited and if they say they can't. They are telling BS.

Advertisement