Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Do you think boarding passes for flights on Thursdays morning would be extenuating circumstances?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Do you think boarding passes for flights on Thursdays morning would be extenuating circumstances?

Not until after Wednesday's post. Get on to your local td on Monday morning and it will be sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Applied for mine 1st week in April. Using the tracker it had completion date of May 20. That's now changed over night to May 29th! I'm due to travel 27th.

I'm fcuked?! 2.5k down the toilet. Don't know how I'm going to break my kids hearts, they're literally counting down the days on the calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Applied for mine 1st week in April. Using the tracker it had completion date of May 20. That's now changed over night to May 29th! I'm due to travel 27th.

I'm fcuked?! 2.5k down the toilet. Don't know how I'm going to break my kids hearts, they're literally counting down the days on the calendar.

Apply online for the passport card might be quicker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Should’ve applied sooner lol

• Advertisement

theballz wrote: »
    Should’ve applied sooner lol

Aren't you very helpful!!

I booked the holiday after I got a date for the passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Aren't you very helpful!!

I booked the holiday after I got a date for the passport.

Have you contacted them ? Once you have proof of travel I cannot imagine them not prioritising the passport by three days.

Have you contacted them ? Once you have proof of travel I cannot imagine them not prioritising the passport by three days.

Every number I try says they do not accept calls anymore. Does anyone have a number that rings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Baybay

Used web chat very successfully when my daughter’s passport was stolen when she was abroad with work.

Baybay wrote: »
    Used web chat very successfully when my daughter’s passport was stolen when she was abroad with work.

Thanks . I'll give it a go in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I used webchat before too when I had a problem. You have to be online as soon at it starts, keep refreshing till the queue opens and then just wait. Once you get through to someone they are quick to sort problems

Does anyone know when you're notified if the photos submitted online are acceptable? Put through an application for my son this morning and all went ok. Could they still reject it and ask for different photos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Usually if the website accepted the photos they should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Quick question - does one need a public services card to renew a passport?

https://www.thejournal.ie/public-services-card-passports-3568044-Aug2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

soirish wrote: »
    Quick question - does one need a public services card to renew a passport?

https://www.thejournal.ie/public-services-card-passports-3568044-Aug2017/

No

Anyone have a link to the webchat. Is it 9am it starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anyone have a link to the webchat. Is it 9am it starts?

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/contact-us/

Google it! Took me the bones of 5 seconds!

I wish you luck with your passport endeavours.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/contact-us/

Google it! Took me the bones of 5 seconds!

I wish you luck with your passport endeavours.

Ya that's what I did. I'm #1 in the que. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Gally05

Gally05 wrote: »
    walking in is alright if you live in Dublin and have time.
    i live no where near Dublin

i actually got through yesterday via phone after waiting on line for about 15minutes .
    (they then told me it would be at least another week and a half ..and we fly on the 18th !!

I have contacted my local TD who has privilege !

arrived this morning thanks to a little assistance from my local TD !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

arrived this morning thanks to a little assistance from my local TD !

Delighted for you, but really it’s a flawed system that lets politicians interfere like this. They should have one system for dealing with these things so each can be taken on its own merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Gally05

its flawed full stop.
    it next to imposible to get in touch with them
    when you do they are not very helpful and all they tell you its being processed
    there are guidelines for how long an application takes and they mean nothing

we applied on the 3rd April for our sons passport , it arrived 6 week later (paid passport express etc.)
    My brother in law sent in his for renewal on the 1st may and had it back on the kitchen table on the 10th may ..

There is no system ! - its stick your hand in the pile and pull out an application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

its flawed full stop.

we applied on the 3rd April for our sons passport , it arrived 6 week later (paid passport express etc.)
    My brother in law sent in his for renewal on the 1st may and had it back on the kitchen table on the 10th may ..

There is no system ! - its stick your hand in the pile and pull out an application

I agree, I did mine recently online and had it in my hand 21 hours later. The system is a mess and like I say I certainly don’t begrudge anyone getting sorted as no one should be missing out on trips unless it’s through their own stupidity of leaving it far too late but the process should be slicker with one clean way of hurrying it along for emergencies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Been following this thread for a while as need to renew passport and passport card that expires 11 June 2019.

Have some flights booked before then so its handy not having to return existing documents (use mostly the card for work).

Applied this morning on my phone using the website at 10.45am - will be interesting to see when they arrive.

Bonus 10% discount when I renewed passport and passport card together- €100 instead of €75 + €35 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

If you did it online it's normally very quick.

Omg, send your details to your local td.
    Were they first time applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Been following this thread for a while as need to renew passport and passport card that expires 11 June 2019.

Have some flights booked before then so its handy not having to return existing documents (use mostly the card for work).

Applied this morning on my phone using the website at 10.45am - will be interesting to see when they arrive.

Bonus 10% discount when I renewed passport and passport card together- €100 instead of €75 + €35 ��

You should have the passport Wednesday or Thursday, card takes a day or two more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

its flawed full stop.

https://www.dfa.ie/passporttracking/turnaroundtimes/

Paper Applications (via An Post)
    The Passport Service strongly advises that you apply at least six weeks ahead of your intended date of travel. Always check you and your family’s passport expiry date before you book a trip. First time applications take longer to process than passport renewals due to the additional security measures required.

Latest passport turnaround information
    These turnaround times are for applications submitted in Ireland, Great Britain and via our Online Passport Renewal Service. Turnaround times are estimates based on current averages. They are not a service delivery guarantee.

Our passports arrived this morning, 1st time applications for 2 kids, in all it took, 7 weeks and 2 days, but there was 2 bank holidays in that time.

The online tracker still says ' printing'

Mine arrived this morning. Still has 29th as completion date on the tracker. Happy days .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Mine arrived this morning. Still has 29th as completion date on the tracker. Happy days .

Was the webchat any good or did they just arrive in time.

• Advertisement

Was the webchat any good or did they just arrive in time.

Webchat basically told me to just keep an eye on the tracker that it was in printing. So I presume I'd have got it today anyway. Strange why they changed the date to the 29th, it's still showing 29th even though I have it .

Advertisement