Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Hi all,

I applied for a passport on the 3rd May and received an application number. However when I enter this into the tracking service I'm told that it cant be found on their database? Assuming something has gone wrong somewhere? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Hi all,

I applied for a passport on the 3rd May and received an application number. However when I enter this into the tracking service I'm told that it cant be found on their database? Assuming something has gone wrong somewhere? :(

With the bank holiday they would only have received it in the passport office yesterday so it may not be uploaded onto their system yet. My daughters took a few days to appear recently enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Gally05 wrote: »
    they have it over a month

They advise waiting time is up to 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭glaswegian

thanks munchkin but as I said in my original post,i have irish citizenship through my grandmother, my query is there is no mention on the passport application form of what certs to send if so,only if parents are irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    With the bank holiday they would only have received it in the passport office yesterday so it may not be uploaded onto their system yet. My daughters took a few days to appear recently enough.

Thanks! May send them an email if it’s not on it by tomorrow though, just to be sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me with a question. Applying for 3 kids passports in the Post Office today, 2 new ones and one replacement for a lost/old one. The lady at the counter advised I have to send in mine or my wife's passport with the kids, or they will be returned to me with this requested from the Passport office.
    I can't see any reference to this anywhere online or otherwise, is this a new thing or standard practice? I want to send off soon but not send mine unnecessarily if not required.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

beardo81 wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if anyone can help me with a question. Applying for 3 kids passports in the Post Office today, 2 new ones and one replacement for a lost/old one. The lady at the counter advised I have to send in mine or my wife's passport with the kids, or they will be returned to me with this requested from the Passport office.
    I can't see any reference to this anywhere online or otherwise, is this a new thing or standard practice? I want to send off soon but not send mine unnecessarily if not required.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/documentary-requirements-passport-applications/

It’s listed here. It’s to show that the child is entitled to irish citizenship as the child of an Irish citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/documentary-requirements-passport-applications/

It’s listed here. It’s to show that the child is entitled to irish citizenship as the child of an Irish citizen.

Thank you. I have also just realized that I only have or the kids original birth certs, the other I only have a photocopy. I assume it has to be an original submitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bobbobb

Have a bit of an unexpected problem myself, flying on saturday with my sister (17) my mam applied for her passport later than I would have liked, about a month and 5 days now and it isnt looking like she is gonna get the passport, is there anything she can do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 hugedinosaur

beardo81 wrote: »
    Thank you. I have also just realized that I only have or the kids original birth certs, the other I only have a photocopy. I assume it has to be an original submitted?

Yes, according to this on Dept of Foreign Affairs website, it has to be an original:

"Unless stated otherwise, original documents must be supplied. Please do not send photocopies, short-form birth certificates or laminated certificates. Certified translations are required if documents are not in English or Irish."

If you can get to any Civil Registration Office during business hours, you can get a Birth Cert for any part of the country. You don't have to go to the city or county of birth.
    Or you can order it by post if you can't go in person, and if you have time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

bobbobb wrote: »
    Have a bit of an unexpected problem myself, flying on saturday with my sister (17) my mam applied for her passport later than I would have liked, about a month and 5 days now and it isnt looking like she is gonna get the passport, is there anything she can do?

Contact a local td first thing tomorrow morning with the application number and proof of travel. There is an Oireachtas liaison system and given that tomorrow is Thursday there's a decent chance this can be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

Hey can someone help me. I have applied for my passport now over a month it was a lost passport. My application says processing application and estimated issue date 03/05/2019. I'm flying on Saturday if I called to them would I be able to get it off them or can I get an emergency one.

Paddy93 wrote: »
    Hey can someone help me. I have applied for my passport now over a month it was a lost passport. My application says processing application and estimated issue date 03/05/2019. I'm flying on Saturday if I called to them would I be able to get it off them or can I get an emergency one.

Same advice as above. Get on to a td this morning. They are absolutely your best chance of getting your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Gally05

They advise waiting time is up to 6 weeks.

19 days is what the website says ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

glaswegian wrote: »
    thanks munchkin but as I said in my original post,i have irish citizenship through my grandmother, my query is there is no mention on the passport application form of what certs to send if so,only if parents are irish.
    thats the thing.
    A passport is simply a document confirming your nationality.
    If you had an irish born parent you yourself would be automatically irish so getting the passport is simply filling the passport form.

You though are not (yet) irish as the link is more distant.
    To gain irish citizenship you first need to get your name on the register of foreign births - with all relevant documentation and original birth cert for your granny etc - and then when that is completed and accepted and you get a certificate of irish citizenship THEN you are irish and THEN ask for your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

correct me if im wrong but the 03/05 has long since passed and we are still waiting on my sons passport.

there is actually no way to get in contct with the passport office .

we travel on the 18th may (holidays booked based on information and date they gave us that we would have the passport)

complete shambles ... and no one is returning emails or phone calls to us.

Oh no, this is not good, they seem way behind. There is absolutely no way to get in touch with them.

I'm really getting worried now.
    If mine come I'll update, you should be just after.

A lady I met laughed at me when i said i posted mine, she said she never does, she just waits to the last minute and gets an appointment for the office.
    She warned that when you have posted in your application, you are stuck waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Gally05

walking in is alright if you live in Dublin and have time.
    i live no where near Dublin

i actually got through yesterday via phone after waiting on line for about 15minutes .
    (they then told me it would be at least another week and a half ..and we fly on the 18th !!

I have contacted my local TD who has privilege !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

For what it's worth they normally reply to questions via Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Starting to freak out now reading this. Tracking says it's due the 20th, I'm due to travel 27th.

19 days is what the website says ..

WORKING days... Very important difference especially in peak Bank Holiday season like we are in at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I applied back on 26th April by AnPost Express service. I was going to book an appointment but as my travel date was after the 15th, it would not allow me and advised to submit online or via AnPost as this should be sufficient.

I have just looked at the online tracking and it has now changed to the 30th May for the expected issue date....I need it before this so tried calling the Passport Office.....much like other government offices they are not taking calls at the moment. I’ll try again in the morning or trek into the city centre if needed.

thats the thing.
    A passport is simply a document confirming your nationality.
    If you had an irish born parent you yourself would be automatically irish so getting the passport is simply filling the passport form.

You though are not (yet) irish as the link is more distant.
    To gain irish citizenship you first need to get your name on the register of foreign births - with all relevant documentation and original birth cert for your granny etc - and then when that is completed and accepted and you get a certificate of irish citizenship THEN you are irish and THEN ask for your passport.
    Thanks again munchkin but I don't think you're reading my posts properly,i have stated twice that I have Irish citizenship through my grandmother,i applied and was granted citizenship last year with a certificate to say so,i'm applying for my first Irish passport but there is no advice on the application form of which certs to send,the only advice given is if you have claimed nationality through Irish PARENTS,not grandparents.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Thanks again munchkin but I don't think you're reading my posts properly,i have stated twice that I have Irish citizenship through my grandmother,i applied and was granted citizenship last year with a certificate to say so,i'm applying for my first Irish passport but there is no advice on the application form of which certs to send,the only advice given is if you have claimed nationality through Irish PARENTS,not grandparents.
    cheers.

Go to this page:

Then scroll down to “Check if your application requires supporting documents“

Then expand “Adult First Time Application”

Then scroll down to “+ First time adult application from an applicant with a grandparent born in Ireland or Northern Ireland”

That section is the section that applies to your particular case.

**thats assuming that you’re an adult

cheers.

Go to this page:

Then scroll down to “Check if your application requires supporting documents“

Then expand “Adult First Time Application”

Then scroll down to “+ First time adult application from an applicant with a grandparent born in Ireland or Northern Ireland”

That section is the section that applies to your particular case.

**thats assuming that you’re an adult

cheers fxo'toole,that's the info I am looking for,and yes i'm an adult ( although some would argue that point at times)

cheers fxo'toole,that's the info I am looking for,and yes i'm an adult ( although some would argue that point at times)

No worries, glad you got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oal22

I applied back on 26th April by AnPost Express service. I was going to book an appointment but as my travel date was after the 15th, it would not allow me and advised to submit online or via AnPost as this should be sufficient.

I have just looked at the online tracking and it has now changed to the 30th May for the expected issue date....I need it before this so tried calling the Passport Office.....much like other government offices they are not taking calls at the moment. I’ll try again in the morning or trek into the city centre if needed.

The only way to contact them is via webchat and you have to be on it at 9 am. L3ave it later than 10.30 and forget it! My issuendate was may 2nd and no sign of the passport. I went on webchat in the 3rd and they told me it hadn't even processed it yet. They prioritised it and I had to collect it on Mount Street the day before we travelled.

My advise, if your issue date is within a week of travel, get onto them via webchat asap. The issue date means very little

oal22 wrote: »
    The only way to contact them is via webchat and you have to be on it at 9 am. L3ave it later than 10.30 and forget it! My issuendate was may 2nd and no sign of the passport. I went on webchat in the 3rd and they told me it hadn't even processed it yet. They prioritised it and I had to collect it on Mount Street the day before we travelled.

My advise, if your issue date is within a week of travel, get onto them via webchat asap. The issue date means very little

The issue date is a target, not a promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I got a call today to verify some details, the lady said that the application will now go through to printing and I should have it next week, we are flying Thursday early.

Is there an option to collect it at the office?

I'll get on webchat at 9am Monday.

Mine was delayed because they couldn't get through to the cop shop to the witness'.
    It's a part time cop shop.

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I got a call today to verify some details, the lady said that the application will now go through to printing and I should have it next week, we are flying Thursday early.

Is there an option to collect it at the office?

I'll get on webchat at 9am Monday.

Mine was delayed because they couldn't get through to the cop shop to the witness'.
    It's a part time cop shop.

Passports are printed in two locations. There isn't a collection option unless there are extenuating circumstances

Advertisement