Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

NIMAN wrote: »
    Poor Ms Mongan, she seems to get into a lot of car accidents.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/80-damage-to-car-led-to-215000-payout-says-aviva-as-it-ramps-up-fraud-inquiries-38158692.html

Although she is far from poor I'd say.

It's their culture you travelerphobic racist

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Anyone know where Maggies house is? There’s an empty 4 bed on my street for a while now which I think the corpo may have bought and I was getting worried for a while!

What are you worrying about.

I heard she has gone vegan and hates "country people".

Right up your street I reckon ;)
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Poor Ms Mongan, she seems to get into a lot of car accidents.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/80-damage-to-car-led-to-215000-payout-says-aviva-as-it-ramps-up-fraud-inquiries-38158692.html

Although she is far from poor I'd say.

Ah come on she is fierce unlucky.
    Must be the unluckies person in Ireland I reckon.
    The appeal was dismissed at the High Court sitting in Ennis after Ms Mongans failed to show. Mr Smyth confirmed Aviva has paid its own legal costs of €20,000 in the case.

The May 2012 accident was the seventh accident where Ms Mongans has received compensation in a claim history spanning 29 years.

:: Aged seven in 1988, Ms Mongans received €13,970 in compensation after being knocked down;

:: 1998 - Ms Mongans was awarded €9,000 as a result of a road traffic accident;

:: 1999 - Ms Mongans received compensation of €7,000 from a road accident at Clarecastle Rd, Ennis;

:: 2004 - Ms Mongans received €11,000 from a road accident at Market Street in Ennis;

:: 2006 - Ms Mongans received €55,000 as a result of breaking her pelvis and suffering back injuries in a road accident on Ennis's Quin Rd;

:: 2011 - Ms Mongans received €10,000 from a road traffic accident near O'Connell Street in Limerick.

Reminds me of that Only Fools and Horses episode with poor old Uncle Albert falling down the pub cellar. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

i need to be more unlucky and have a few accidents. I'm begining to realise work is overrated!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Dexter2019

Ah de pour owl divil gbh

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭holliehobbie

Anyone know where Maggies house is? There’s an empty 4 bed on my street for a while now which I think the corpo may have bought and I was getting worried for a while!
    A four bedroom house would be too small and I doubt it's in Dublin City Council's area so I'd say you are safe for now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

A four bedroom house would be too small and I doubt it's in Dublin City Council's area so I'd say you are safe for now!

I could be wrong but I think it was a 4 bed she was given. How that will work I do not know.

She was entitled to a 16 bed with a slaves wing and stables but they don't make houses that big these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

She was entitled to a 16 bed with a slaves wing and stables but they don't make houses that big these days.

They do in Thurles, unfortunately there is no room for the stables. There is 5 five bedroom houses standing empty cos there was no room for the ponies. This is a great little country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Yes Bernard, we would be outraged...because it's fraud you knuckle dragging neanderthal!! No wonder insurance costs are through the roof!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2302310996686473&id=100007227857780

The story itself:
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/mother-16-avoids-jail-after-16350679?fbclid=IwAR07LvjV334dGTdHqCBJ5biEiLhBxrBMgVys9aLPIJTiuAXIIyNXPti2010

Outrageous. Supposedly the money was to bury her husband - he's still alive.

She has 14 children, could they not band together to pay for the funerals?

An interesting name she chose to use as her alias - I'm delighted they are flinging out these bogus cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

An interesting name she chose to use as her alias - I'm delighted they are flinging out these bogus cases.

Yep! It was to cover her cost too...both still alive and kicking.
    Always happy to see those being thrown out too. Albeit, they should be prosecuted for it. No doubt those 14 kids, would try it themselves and their own kids too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Danny_B wrote: »

The comments :pac:

God Love her, poor woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The comments :pac:

God Love her, poor woman!

At the age of 69, she must be the oldest traveller that ever lived. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

And she offered to pay the insurance company €50 a week but the judge said she didn't have to. What a farce.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    And she offered to pay the insurance company €50 a week but the judge said she didn't have to. What a farce.

She's on social welfare so if she paid €50 a week, she would then make a trip to the Community Welfare office where they would give her a few pound to make up her pension.

Either way she wouldn't be going without and you and me would be paying for it.

Paddy Cow wrote: »

She might pay it once, although I doubt it. What then? It would cost more to go back to court to enforce the order. Either way, the insurance company would be down the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

But her husband is ALIVE. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

BattleCorp wrote: »
    At the age of 69, she must be the oldest traveller that ever lived. :D

Her nipples are just above the hemline of her skirt.

But her husband is ALIVE. !

Have a look at what she said. She said it was to pay for her and her husband's funeral.

I'm fairly certain she is alive too. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have a look at what she said. She said it was to pay for her and her husband's funeral.

Them ££££££ks funerals aren't cheap....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The article says she had never come to the attention of Gardai, but yet there was a guard in the courtroom who recognised her and knew she was giving a dodgy name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Dexter2019

pablo128 wrote: »
    The article says she had never come to the attention of Gardai, but yet there was a guard in the courtroom who recognised her and knew she was giving a dodgy name.

"Sure I didn't never do nahin gard, I sware on de holy bibell gard, and me young lad makin he's firs holly con newman"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

He probably recognised her from arresting her male family members. In a lot of ways Traveller women are the biggest victims of their culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Googled the names of the claimants in this article. The male is either the same one in a lot of the results, or is unfortunate to share the same name and also be from Limerick.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/watch-couples-personal-injury-claims-dismissed-after-cctv-of-minor-tip-shown-in-court-38164003.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

n97 mini wrote: »
    Googled the names of the claimants in this article. The male is either the same one in a lot of the results, or is unfortunate to share the same name and also be from Limerick.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/watch-couples-personal-injury-claims-dismissed-after-cctv-of-minor-tip-shown-in-court-38164003.html

Took five plays and reading the article to see what happened. The dirty rotten *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Dexter2019 wrote: »
    "Sure I didn't never do nahin gard, I sware on de holy bibell gard, and me young lad makin he's firs holly con newman"

Breakin de baba heart a me gard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Have you seen the video going round of the 4 year old child being forced to drink Guinness and practise bare knuckle fighting?

Jaysus.

What hope do these kids have?

And what will decent folk do when the next generation of bosses come to power?
    Seen worse from our "ethnic minority" HSE/ gardai need to wake up

Odelay wrote: »

Took five plays and reading the article to see what happened. The dirty rotten *****.
    Pavee points motto -silence is golden

Odelay wrote: »

Need to enforce costs etc properly,as in go in hard with CAB / file/ HSE - taxman

Dante7 wrote: »

He probably recognised her from arresting her male family members. In a lot of ways Traveller women are the biggest victims of their culture.
    She's well known and connected to travellers

• Advertisement

Want to see some of their obnoxious headstones in st Michael's cemetery,BlackRock Cork,like them in life and death don't/ won't fit in- their choice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement