Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I travel more then most typical travellers!!!!

I have to actually go 2 counties to get to work as I can't afford to live where i work but hell let's give everything to those who don't and never will.

You should ask Mags if she has a spare room. I'm sure she'd be willing to rent one out to you on the QT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Dexter2019

Dexter2019 wrote: »
    But how are settled people "settled"?
    Settled after a hard days work?

I dont get it.

I travel more then most typical travellers!!!!

I have to actually go 2 counties to get to work as I can't afford to live where i work but hell let's give everything to those who don't and never will.
    Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

But how are settled people "settled"?
    Settled after a hard days work?

I dont get it.
    It makes it sound like Travellers are the default and "settled" people are ones who left the nomadic lifestyle behind. There are cranogs in Ireland dating back over 7,000 years. "Settled" people were here first so we're the normal ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Saw a couple of young lads (10-12 years I would guess) hop out of a van outside a supermarket at lunch. They walked in, filled a bag with baked goods and walked out. Security guard waved them on like a local garda pulling up to a checkpoint.

The security guard spends his days staring at people who take longer than 10 seconds to pick out a pack of biscuits so it staggered me. If I tried the same thing or asked a child to do the same thing, as was no doubt the case, he would have reported me to the cops. Its like reverse racism, let them do as they want, its just how they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Saw a couple of young lads (10-12 years I would guess) hop out of a van outside a supermarket at lunch. They walked in, filled a bag with baked goods and walked out. Security guard waved them on like a local garda pulling up to a checkpoint.

The security guard spends his days staring at people who take longer than 10 seconds to pick out a pack of biscuits so it staggered me. If I tried the same thing or asked a child to do the same thing, as was no doubt the case, he would have reported me to the cops. Its like reverse racism, let them do as they want, its just how they do it.

Witnessed a tinker woman tear into an Eastern European Lidl employee a few months back, the tinker kids were repeatedly shop lifting and apparently he had the temerity to tackle them, she burst into the store and accused this beefy Czech of following her kids around the store, he stood up, folded his arms and very calmly told her where to go with her indignation

The Eastern Europeans absolutely take no crap and despise the tinkers far more than we do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The Eastern Europeans absolutely take no crap and despise the tinkers far more than we do

Speak for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »
    Vermin.
    Gramsey should be taken to a vet.
    Charlie, come in here and defend that, I dare you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

This happened yesterday.

A car pulls up at a petrol forecourt while I was there. A young traveller lad about 14 gets out. Someone hands him out what looked like a tea towel or face cloth from the car. He walks about 10 feet away and has a sh1te on the forecourt, wipes his ar5e with the cloth, throws it onto the ground, gets back into the car and they drive off.

There was a toilet there that he could have used.

They didn't buy anything so I can only assume they just pulled up there so that he could have a sh1te on the forecourt.

Dirty ba5tards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

BattleCorp wrote: »
    This happened yesterday.

A car pulls up at a petrol forecourt while I was there. A young traveller lad about 14 gets out. Someone hands him out what looked like a tea towel or face cloth from the car. He walks about 10 feet away and has a sh1te on the forecourt, wipes his ar5e with the cloth, throws it onto the ground, gets back into the car and they drive off.

They didn't buy anything so I can only assume they just pulled up there so that he could have a sh1te on the forecourt.

Dirty ba5tards.

How dare you, you racist scum. It's their traditional indigenous culture. You backward racists type should leave Ireland if you don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

This happened yesterday.

Dirty ba5tards.
    Scum

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

This happened yesterday.

Dirty ba5tards.

Would it have killed you to hand the lad a bucket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Vermin.

Could this be another example of travellers basically keeping a slave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Scum

It’s part of their culture, boss. ‘Settled’ people aren’t capable of understanding.

It’s part of their culture, boss. ‘Settled’ people aren’t capable of understanding stooping so low.
    FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Would it have killed you to hand the lad a bucket?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Driving by the nutgrove houses yesterday, younglad with a hammer smashing the supplied fire extinguisher off the wall.

They'll be the first to complain if there's a tragedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Driving by the nutgrove houses yesterday, younglad with a hammer smashing the supplied fire extinguisher off the wall.

They'll be the first to complain if there's a tragedy.

It would be great if you could take a video or get footage of it incase anything happened. They would probably deny it or you would be hounded by travellers threats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

This happened yesterday.

Dirty ba5tards.

Cant be true. They use broken fridges to wipe their arses I taught .......

CHARLES..............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

News story is very vague on who she is and why she is living with them. One thing for sure, they'll be claiming carers allowance.

• Advertisement

Vermin.

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

mloc123 wrote: »
    News story is very vague on who she is and why she is living with them. One thing for sure, they'll be claiming carers allowance.

That would be the only reason. Certainly not out of love.

That would be the only reason. Certainly not out of love.

Love of benifits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

She is Gramseys sister.

She is Gramseys sister.

So the state should step in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

This happened yesterday.

Dirty ba5tards.

Yeah, that didn't happen. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

Maybe the poor chap had an unsettled stomach..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Yeah, that didn't happen. :rolleyes:

I believe it, why wouldn't it happen? They have no manners or respect for anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

It's our culture boss, our sacred right to collect metal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I believe it, why wouldn't it happen? They have no manners or respect for anything.

So someone had time to observe this whole thing and in this day and age didn't take a photo? Don't think so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement