Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Good idea having the Residents Association meeting in the hurling club....just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

[QaUOTE=washman3;110345548]Lovely car.
    Wonder what he works at.??

He doesn’t work.
    Like his dad who died in prison after kicking a youth to death he sells “stuff”.

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.[/QUOTE]

Take it the other guy is in the same boat..??
    Seemed either drunk or high or both with the bicycle.
    Doubt if that bicycle was his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Martin Collins discussing T accommodation with Sean O Rourke radio 1 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Dexter2019

sligojoek wrote: »
    Martin Collins discussing T accommodation with Sean O Rourke radio 1 now

What's he saying?
    "Settled people" to give their houses to travellers?

Basically demanding more resources. It was very short. There was also an African woman going on about racism. Neither were really connected. Strange piece.

• Advertisement

Basically demanding more resources. It was very short. There was also an African woman going on about racism. Neither were really connected. Strange piece.

Again, both were treated with kids gloves by Sean O'Rourke.
    Not a single 'hard question' asked.
    Irish media and RTE in particular are a complete joke.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

washman3 wrote: »
    He doesn’t work.
    Like his dad who died in prison after kicking a youth to death he sells “stuff”.

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Take it the other guy is in the same boat..??
    Seemed either drunk or high or both with the bicycle.
    Doubt if that bicycle was his own.[/QUOTE]

They are first cousins.
    Both their fathers sold “stuff”.
    He certainly didn’t pay for the bike.
    Both never worked like their dads before them and theirs before them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Aglomerado wrote: »

Ahh FFS.
    As one poster told us it's definitely settled people dumping their rubbish there.
    Lovely car.
    Wonder what he works at.??

He doesn’t work.

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

I bet he could lay his hands on some Apples alright. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Astria

So, a family of un savoury Irish culturally different people, moved into a private estate a few years ago, where people either own their properties or privately rent them.

It has been the most quiet lovely place to live over the years, and now.. not so much. Between the millions of cars and vans parking wherever they want, to the beeping of the car horns upon arrival or leaving - at all hours morning till night, to the fighting that spills on to the street, windows smashed in the property, and own cars at different time because of the violent husband .. Loads of the men in the family gathering in the front garden with cups of tea plotting and generally making anyone who walks by them feel uncomfortable and intimidated.. To the Gardai calling and CAB kicking the door down a few times..
    Its an absolute disgrace that they are moved into areas that they clearly cannot integrate into and make NO effort to either.
    I just want to know has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they deal with it, without being a target.
    Absolutely sick and tired of them at this stage.

Prtb are no help whatsoever, and basically want you to put yourself in the firing line in order to deal with them, which anyone with half a brain knows that it just is not realistic to do this, due to their nature and the repercussions.

Side note ** word on the INTERNET Irish news says that they were already ran out of Mayo and since been arrested and raided on many occasions due to operation THOR .. So nice of the lovely hap landlord to not bother to check their background before moving them into a private estate!
    Please help
    Had a previous thread but would be interested to see what people here have to say. . Delete if not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Isn't it funny how when a recession hits and we struggle to survive you won't see a traveller struggle at all.......

Fcuk the political backstards that have fcuked us over so much over the years.

• Advertisement

Astria wrote: »
    So, a family of un savoury Irish culturally different people, moved into a private estate a few years ago, where people either own their properties or privately rent them.

I've seen much the same thing near here. I mentioned it a few posts back. I was talking to their next door neighbour (semi detached) the other night. They've been there 6 weeks now and he's gone out of his mind.

They stand outside smoking and throw their buts into his drive.

Children have tricycles, scooters and all sorts of debris strewn around the small estate making it very difficult for vehicles to come in and out.

6 weeks of rubbish (2 kids in nappies) out the back and the pit bull has the bags ripped to bits.

All sorts of unsavoury characters calling from town to walk their dogs in the rural area. Casing joints no doubt.

Tusla is a good call, but will they act.... Fook no they won't ya mad they won't go near them....

What chance have those kids to only follow their fam

I would be banned forever if I said what I would have to do to stay sane somewhat....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

A couple of Fine Gael canvassers came to my door on the lead up to the elections. I asked them if was true that Enda Kenny has replaced saint Christopher as the patron saint of travellers.

Astria wrote: »

It has been the most quiet lovely place to live over the years, and now.. not so much. Between the millions of cars and vans parking wherever they want, to the beeping of the car horns upon arrival or leaving - at all hours morning till night, to the fighting that spills on to the street, windows smashed in the property, and own cars at different time because of the violent husband .. Loads of the men in the family gathering in the front garden with cups of tea plotting and generally making anyone who walks by them feel uncomfortable and intimidated.. To the Gardai calling and CAB kicking the door down a few times..
    Its an absolute disgrace that they are moved into areas that they clearly cannot integrate into and make NO effort to either.
    I just want to know has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they deal with it, without being a target.
    Absolutely sick and tired of them at this stage.

Prtb are no help whatsoever, and basically want you to put yourself in the firing line in order to deal with them, which anyone with half a brain knows that it just is not realistic to do this, due to their nature and the repercussions.

Side note ** word on the INTERNET Irish news says that they were already ran out of Mayo and since been arrested and raided on many occasions due to operation THOR .. So nice of the lovely hap landlord to not bother to check their background before moving them into a private estate!
    Please help
    Had a previous thread but would be interested to see what people here have to say. . Delete if not allowed.

Can I suggest you contact Michael D Higgins, Sean Gallagher, Liadh Ni Riada, Joan Freeman or Gavin Duffy for advice.
    Last year during the presidential election debate all of these declared that they would have no problem living beside people like this and experiencing exactly what many,many people just like you are experiencing right now.
    It's funny that the one person that called them out as liars was ridiculed and labelled a racist by virtually all on mainstream media, the same mainstream media that will deny that scenarios like you are experiencing even exist.
    Hardly a coincidence that Liadh Ni Riada's vote plummeted this time round (I too voted for her back then, 2014)
    In short, you're virtually on your own here,simple as.!!
    Only surprise here is that the 'usual suspects' have not appeared on here yet calling you a racist and trying to convince you that you are the problem and not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

I've seen much the same thing near here. I mentioned it a few posts back. I was talking to their next door neighbour (semi detached) the other night. They've been there 6 weeks now and he's gone out of his mind.

They stand outside smoking and throw their buts into his drive.

Children have tricycles, scooters and all sorts of debris strewn around the small estate making it very difficult for vehicles to come in and out.

6 weeks of rubbish (2 kids in nappies) out the back and the pit bull has the bags ripped to bits.

All sorts of unsavoury characters calling from town to walk their dogs in the rural area. Casing joints no doubt.

The nappies reminded me of this case from a few years ago....

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/15747-man-sent-to-jail-for-mountain-of-dirty-nappies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dexter2019 wrote: »
    What's he saying?
    "Settled people" to give their houses to travellers?

Dont be stupid.....the "Settled peoples" houses dont have stables attached!

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Dont be stupid.....the "Settled peoples" houses dont have stables attached!

I have a small turf shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I have a small turf shed.

Would it fit a couple of Shetlands in?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Would you fit a few islands in a shed? Come on now, boss.

• Advertisement

I think our travelling brethren prefer to refer to them as "shev-lawn ponies"

Unfortunately I couldn't fit them in, my shed is full of tools and household stuff .
    Do you think our travelling friends would be ok with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

I think our travelling brethren prefer to refer to them as "shev-lawn ponies"

Unfortunately I couldn't fit them in, my shed is full of tools and household stuff .
    Do you think our travelling friends would be ok with that?

They’ll help you empty it!

Odelay wrote: »
    They’ll help you empty it!

Great, it needs a good tidying up.

Great, it needs a good tidying up.

They’re masters at the old feng shui alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

BattleCorp wrote: »

Someone with an IQ of 10 would see that the Irish Times article above is a ball of sh1te.

In fairness, poor Kitty never had a chance. Just look at who her parents were. Irish Times royalty!

Can I suggest you contact Michael D Higgins, Sean Gallagher, Liadh Ni Riada, Joan Freeman or Gavin Duffy for advice.
    Last year during the presidential election debate all of these declared that they would have no problem living beside people like this and experiencing exactly what many,many people just like you are experiencing right now.
    It's funny that the one person that called them out as liars was ridiculed and labelled a racist by virtually all on mainstream media, the same mainstream media that will deny that scenarios like you are experiencing even exist.
    Hardly a coincidence that Liadh Ni Riada's vote plummeted this time round (I too voted for her back then, 2014)
    In short, you're virtually on your own here,simple as.!!
    Only surprise here is that the 'usual suspects' have not appeared on here yet calling you a racist and trying to convince you that you are the problem and not them.
    Dr. Ciara Kelly on Newstalk was another fibber who said she’d have no problem living beside them AND Precious O’Callaghan too on RTÉ. They couldn’t lie straight in bed.

They are first cousins.
    Both their fathers sold “stuff”.
    He certainly didn’t pay for the bike.
    Both never worked like their dads before them and theirs before them.

They're aren't cousins. ;)

They're aren't cousins. ;)

They are. Lenny’ mother I’s a W***, sister of LEE***’s father.

They are. Lenny’ mother I’s a W***, sister of LEE***’s father.

I know exactly who they are. Lee's da ain't his da. They don't like it being mentioned though.

• Advertisement

I know exactly who they are. Lee's da ain't his da. They don't like it being mentioned though.

How is his da not his da?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement