Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Am I blind or did the ball clearly roll a decent 6 inches forward as a result of the scuffing of the turf in the slow mo? Both commentators adamant it didn't move at all. Is it only if it moves as a result of hurley contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭eigrod

Tony Kelly goal. Clare 2-10 Cork 1-06. Looks like Cork need a favour from Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

This allowance of rugby tackling a player over the line a new thing ?

2-10 to 1-6 to Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

As it stands a Limerick are gone, is that correct? Seems unbelievable after the crowd doing olé chants as they danced around Clare last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Cork getting destroyed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭me89

John.Icy wrote: »
    Am I blind or did the ball clearly roll a decent 6 inches forward as a result of the scuffing of the turf in the slow mo? Both commentators adamant it didn't move at all. Is it only if it moves as a result of hurley contact?

It definitely moved

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That’s a huge loss for Tipp now. Barrett has been key for the defence and Bonner has been brilliant so far this year. They don’t have the panel either really.

Oh and Hon the Banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

John.Icy wrote: »

I don't think the hurley made direct contact with the sliotar but the ball 100% definitely moved. I dunno if it was by 6 inches :pac:

I dunno what Duignan and Darragh Maloney were watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

This game could put tipps season in reverse due to injuries. Two big losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

thelad95 wrote: »
    As it stands a Limerick are gone, is that correct? Seems unbelievable after the crowd doing olé chants as they danced around Clare last week.

Nope
    Points differential keeps limerick in it unless they get battered here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cork need to come out in the second half and give it a bloody rattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I don't think the hurley made direct contact with the sliotar but the ball 100% definitely moved. I dunno if it was by 6 inches :pac:

I dunno what Duignan and Darragh Maloney were watching.

Ah, wouldn't be the first time I said something was 6 inches incorrectly.

As it stands... Clare still get knocked out

1. Tipp +42 / 8pts
    2. Limerick +27 / 4pts
    3. Cork +8 / 4pts
    4. Clare -25 / 4pts

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

As it stands limerick tipp and cork all qualify

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Daily....I'll do the PR line if you want, classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

As it stands... Clare still get knocked out

1. Tipp +42 / 8pts
    2. Limerick +27 / 4pts
    3. Cork +8 / 4pts
    4. Clare -25 / 4pts

Clare's hammering by limerick gave them a mountain to climb, similar to Galway not doling one out to carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Ref not giving trips..seems to be standard refereeing now. A good enough game considering the conditions. A few of the Limerick forwards arent in the game...notably Casey and Morrissey. I hope Limerick dont just switch off in the second half....for Clares sake

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

With the new format, it is disheartening to think that alot of teams that have lost two games will still be in the Championship and could potentially win Liam McCarthy. Diluting the value of Championship games.

threeball wrote: »
    Clare's hammering by limerick gave them a mountain to climb, similar to Galway not doling one out to carlow.

You could also add that Clare only beat Waterford by one point whereas Limerick & Tipp hammered Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

So Clare qualifying is a near impossibility unless they absolute annihilate Cork and Tipp do likewise to Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Some line from Daly about doing PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    With the new format, it is disheartening to think that alot of teams that have lost two games will still be in the Championship and could potentially win Liam McCarthy. Diluting the value of Championship games.
    Offaly happy enough winning in 98 after losing 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭blackcard

Is it only 3 points from play for Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So Clare qualifying is a near impossibility unless they absolute annihilate Cork and Tipp do likewise to Limerick.

Limerick beat or draw against tipp and Clare qualify

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Ref not giving trips..seems to be standard refereeing now. A good enough game considering the conditions. A few of the Limerick forwards arent in the game...notably Casey and Morrissey. I hope Limerick dont just switch off in the second half....for Clares sake

Well... Unless they really, really, really switch off and get hammered. And Clare jump above them due to superior scoring difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭blackcard

No. Clare beat Cork, Limerick beat Tipp. Clare are through

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭eigrod

Nope. A Limerick & Clare win means it’s head to head Clare and Cork so Clare would go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Gael85

Offaly happy enough winning in 98 after losing 2 games

Could potentially see Limerick lose 3 games and still qualify for AI Quarter Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

blackcard wrote: »
    Is it only 3 points from play for Limerick?

Think so - they've only 3 scorers as well, and one of them is the wing back Byrnes.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Daily....I'll do the PR line if you want, classic.

Himself and Joanne seem to have good rapport anytime he's on the panel.

Joanne is a million times better than Des Cahill

Advertisement