Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Smith - Neither a man or a woman?!

Options
  • 19-03-2019 2:57pm

So apparently Sam Smith has stated that he doesn't think he is a man or a woman.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0319/1037219-sam-smith-im-not-male-or-female/

It's crazy to see the usual media outlets lap this up but at the same time referring to him as 'him'.

Its a strange world we live in these days. In what other aspect of life can we just decide to abandon logic, biology and reason and just declare something to be true despite all evidence and fact proving the opposite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So apparently Sam Smith has stated that he doesn't think he is a man or a woman.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0319/1037219-sam-smith-im-not-male-or-female/

It's crazy to see the usual media outlets lap this up but at the same time referring to him as 'him'.

Its a strange world we live in these days. In what other aspect of life can we just decide to abandon logic, biology and reason and just declare something to be true despite all evidence and fact proving the opposite?

Biologically he’s a man I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Who cares?

I'm incandescent with indifference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He's neither a man or a woman, but he is ****e.

He's an idiot..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He’s one of these gob****es who would literally do or say anything to extend what little time in the spotlight he has

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Who cares?

Thats a good point. It annoys me that it gets column inches but I suppose that I am perpetuating the problem by highlighting it.

It just seems like such such an odd thing to declare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

He doesn't have a say in the matter really.
    "That's a man, baby." - Austin Powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He’s one of these gob****es who would literally do or say anything to extend what little time in the spotlight he has

So he's bound to appear on Dancing with the Stars then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

FFS, for a minute there I thought this was about this fella:

wRoT6uG.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

He's come a long way since Thanks a Million Big Fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

They can identify however they feel suits them. It'll never affect the rest of us anyway, so leave Sam Smith to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

If he has a schlong then he’s a dude. If he has a gooter then he’s a chick. Piers Morgan should have asked for a look so we could have found out definitively.

Will he be handing back awards? Or will they contact him each year about which category he should be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,179 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I despair.

They will be able to look back at this generation in history and say, "well, that's where it started to go t1ts up".

They can identify however they feel suits them. It'll never affect the rest of us anyway, so leave Sam Smith to it.

Im not saying he can't. I just find it odd that it's only when it comes to gender that it is socially acceptable to lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

If he has a schlong then he’s a dude. If he has a gooter then he’s a chick. Piers Morgan should have asked for a look so we could have found out definitively.

Gooter :confused: Boards is always educating me. But when I google gooter (what a silly billy I am) it says it's a penis, so I am really confused now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Zorya wrote: »
    Gooter :confused: Boards is always educating me. But when I google gooter (what a silly billy I am) it says it's a penis, so I am really confused now.

That's gender fluid for ya. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

NIMAN wrote: »
    I despair.

They will be able to look back at this generation in history and say, "well, that's where it started to go t1ts up".

/gasp - Are you assuming this generation's gender? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,597 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Have you any experience over the Southeast Asia way, Johnny?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Rootsblower

Zorya wrote: »

I thought Gooter was the mechanic in Dukes of Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Does Sam Smith have a cock and balls? If so, he is a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

He was better craic when he was a fat man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

He could be a man and a women. No way he can be neither.

I thought Gooter was the mechanic in Dukes of Hazard

:D

Cooter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

In my day we'd have done something about this kinda carry on, the world I grewd up in is gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

What does that make Linda Martin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

The only outrage here is the media-manufactured one. I seriously couldn't care if he identifies as a traffic cone. Its not my business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

He recorded the worst James Bond theme ever. I don't care what gender he is or isn't. I mostly regret that he decided to embark on a singing career in the first place. He's a horrible singer who whines through his songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yes", Smith agreed, continuing: "Because I do think like a woman, sometimes, in my head.

I wonder what "thinking like a woman" entails. I hope I'm doing it right

Advertisement