Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Ah right! I don't partake in those kinda social apps due to the numbers of squeakers that invade (also cuz I didn't have a legit Facebook account.. and now have NO Facebook account linked to my headset!) but you might be looking for VR Chat or Rec Room I guess?

Yeah Eleven table tennis is incredible!

Ah no I was just kidding. Thanks though. No one else I know is on it and can't see the appeal of a load of randomers in a chat room. (Says he on boards :D)

The reviews of the 11 table tennis are really enticing... will have it by end of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Table tennis is so immersive. I got really into it a while back with eleven table tennis. I was telling people I was getting into table tennis, and didn’t mention that it was in VR 😀

it’s just one of those sports made for VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah but the randomers here can't be seen dressed as a giant purple dinosaur like on the VR Chat. At least they can't be seen here. What they do outside of here is another thing.

Was playing Puzzling Places last night. Not a good one to start if a jigsaw fan and it's late. "Sure I'll just try one more"

Most people know about the rhythm games like Beat Saber or the bigger games like RE4 and Walking Dead, but any hidden gems for single player that people would suggest? I hear The Climb games are good and have I Expect you to Die and the Vader Immortal games. And I know I've said it before, but Moss is great. I still have to try that Gun Raiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

Fanatical are doing their first bundle for the Quest platform.

€130 worth of games for 16 euro and it's a decent enough selection!

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-quest-vr-bundle?aff_track=CJ&CJEVENT=8a99742b619611ec83e102bc0a180512&utm_source=CJ&cj_pid=7988612&cj_aid=13797872

• Advertisement

Just tried it there. Brilliant. Definite workout. Can se it taking a bit of time to get comfortable with the paddle and to regain muscle memory etc (used to play TT), but yes.. this is the kind of experience I hoped for but didn't necessarily expect from early-stage VR. Plus, I need a bigger, less cluttered livingroom! :D

So what would you need for a football game? Some foot and chest sensors? Jesus, I'd have the gaff wrecked in a week 😆

if it’s a workout you want, thrill of the fight. It’s one of the best bargains on quest at €10. You’ll need a towel, trust me.

That Gadgeteer looks like you may need patience. Though to be realistic it would want to accidentally knock over everything before you're finished. Or have a sibling come in to do it on purpose.

Wad looking at that Eleven Table Tennis last night and comparing to Racket Fury to see which would be better. Seems Eleven is more sin while Fury is more arcadey

I actually have gadgeteer already so have will have a spare key for anyone who doesn't buy this bundle, slim chance of that happening I'd say! If anyone wants the key pm me though.

I'm going to get 3 copies of this bundle as I have 2 young relatives getting the quest 2 from Santa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

They've been spamming the ads for these on TV lately and I must admit I'm tempted. Damn you marketing people!

Clearly Facebook haven't heard there's a chip shortage. 😀 Still seem to be widely available

Have a key for sculptrvr also if anyone needs one.

That’s a great deal Dodge. How did you find that? Is there any more that come up like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭jj880

Just an update on this. Got one today in Dealz. I was surprised to find it does have a USB C port.

Some nice charge lights, 4000mah and its about the size of a credit card. 2.0A input and output. Not bad for 6 euro. See attached.

This along with the AMVR Head Back Padding you posted from Amazon will do nicely to start off 👍️

My favourite single player game is In Death Unchained ... next Tetris

Obviously the sideloaded Dooms too

But most of the games are single player really.. the multiplayer is just there if you want it. Like on Walkabout Mini Golf or Forevr Bowl

The Climb is ok.. but The Climb 2 is superb and was made for Quest.. just go for the latter.

i have a keyword alert for “Oculus” set on the hotukdeals app. This is the first time a bundle came up for the quest platform on these sites, but there has been VR bundles for the PC/Steam platform before. They go in the Vive/Rift Bargains thread.

Ah I see, nice find, thanks again for posting. I went for it and the zero calibre discount. 😀

Zero Calibre on PC was great and the highlighted review on reloaded said they actually prefer the quest version so it should be good.

On the Eleven vs Racket Fury thing.. there were a few ardent snobs/fanboys on reddit that flatly put down Racket Fury all the time in deference to Eleven, but I have both and find both great fun.

I prefer Racket Fury's robot opponent to Eleven's disembodied floating hands, and the personality of the robots is fun so you do feel like you are playing a real opponent.

Eleven is definitely more sim... and Racket Fury is a bit more forgiving, but both do nail the feeling of playing table tennis.

If you have to choose one, Eleven would be best, but be sure to grab Racket Fury on sale as the smoke coming out of the ball when you smash a hit is so satisfying.

It's notable I play Racket Fury more than Eleven btw... it's more fun, as I'm not always up for hyper-realism.

• Advertisement

For some reason the Daily Deal doesn't always show up for me on the app or desktop but does through my mobile browser.

So while looking for today's dal I found this page with all available discounts

But was looking at the discount history for some games and while I thought they might do a Christmas sale it seems last year was literally a Christmas sale, taking place for 1 day.

What are people looking forward to seeing in 2022 in VR?

Personally Im looking forward to seeing some high profile games such as assassin's creed, splinter cell and GTA.

With the success of RE4 it would be nice to see other ports of classic games come over to VR.

Im also hoping to finally set up a gaming server to stream PCVR stuff to the quest. (Long overdue)

And lastly, a new headset would be nice 😊

I'm looking forward to clearing off chunks of my backlog!!!

LOL. That backlog was acquired for a reason. For me, I'm thinking it might grow rather than shrink.

RE:4 took about 17hrs to complete. next up is Medal of Honor, then saints and sinners, then red matter.

Doge sent on a great deal which gave me a ton of games as well.

Post edited by kerplun k on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Quest 3 or some other improved hardware, day 1 purchase for me, regret not just buying a Quest 2 a year ago tbh but I would have bet any money on a new hardware announcement. Argos must think Im mental the amount of times Ive reserved a 2 and then let it lapse. Still tempted to go there right now and buy one.

you have it easy.. I'm trying to complete Wolfenstein New Order on PS4, so I can complete Wolfenstein 2 on Switch, so I can complete RE4 on Quest, so I can complete Skyrim, ad infinitum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

I'm trying to add a second account to the kids Quest for myself but I don't have a fb account. I understand I can do it using an oculus developer account so I set that up but the device is still only letting me add an account via fb. Any suggestions?

Hmm I think all accounts have to be real FB accounts unfortunately?

The irony is you can unlink the Facebook account AFTER but I think it's still required initially

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭jj880

Had a search in this thread but couldnt find anything on downloads stopping / resetting.

At the moment my downloads are stopping any time I put the headset down. Cant pause them. Can only cancel. If the headset powers off downloads reset. Very annoying.

I've got the screen time out set to 4 hours now and downloads seems to be steady but the headset it getting very hot when charging + downloading while the screen is lit. Is there a better way to complete downloads? I'm planning some big downloads soon.

Advertisement