Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

aye but my app and headset no longer have Facebook linked.

Checked your link there and don't see the

on my app, plus the link says "You must log into Oculus using your Facebook account in order to send a referral link."

So I guess no dice for me! 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I picked up some custom lens inserts from VR Optician. Ordered on the 16/11 total was €71 = Lenses €65 + Delivery of €6.

I was happy with the Quest before even without using my glasses but, I bloody love it now!

I have a fairly low prescription for using my computer so things don't appear "blurry" for me per se, it's more for relaxing my eyes, but very curious how this might improve things for me too. Might make my sessions less tiring!

I haven't dared putting my actual glasses into the VR headset yet 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Where do you get the measurements from? I just know my contacts prescription which is only 1 number per eye.

Have played PSVR with my glasses and it's grand for the most part but can be annoying at times

You can request them from your optician. I usually just get my eye tests at the optician and buy my specs online anyway so I had my prescription handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Has anyone played Luckys Tale?

I see its available on the Quest now.

Where would it sit between Astro Bot and Moss?

I played it on Oculus Rift and afaik it's the same game? So it's more of a platformer than Moss, but I don't think anything is on par with Astro Bot

In a busy day for my quest 2 😁 the BoboVR m2 pro arrived around an hour ago. 1st counter-balanced strap I've used, older setup was the quest strap with a jury-rigged battery.

The BoboVR is exceptional. Very comfortable, totally changes the way the device feels and makes head movement and just using it far more comfortable and almost weightless. The battery change is incredible, intuitive with very strong magnet "lock" when lined up and an audible sound as an additional confirmation. I'm a very happy buyer!

is there any way of dislodging the battery if you are jumping or turn your head very quickly?

(warning make sure there is nothing breakable nearby when testing this!!! I don't want to be responsible 😋)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Where did you buy the Bobo VR?

• Advertisement

Amazon UK, bought it a couple of weeks and it took it's time arriving.

It's a magnetic lock in with no mechanical retention. I'd hazard a guess it certainly possible for it dislodge but, I'd also be fairly certain that the quest would come off my head before any movement popped the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭jj880

I cant get it to ship to here (Donegal) or to N Ireland from Amazon UK. The seller that shows for me is Himolins.

Do you mind me asking if you got it from a different seller? Or am I doing something wrong with my shipping addresses?

They shipped to me, so they've probably only recently realised there's a battery in it and changed their policy.

I watched a video review where the reviewer holds it by just the sides of the battery and the strap and headset dont fall so must be pretty strong magnets.

💯This ^^^ Here's mine being held solely by the battery. The photo keeps defaulting to the wrong orientation but, I'm holding it aloft via the battery.

Don't know if it happened anyone else but just a heads up that I finally ordered one last night and it was flagged as a dodgy transaction and card was frozen. Got it sorted and paid with paypal then. Luckily I was still awake at 2am when the notifications came through. 😀

I ordered yesterday with revolut. Went through no problem but i didnt have location based security enabled in the app.

I take it you got a referral? Coz if not I'm in the referral business for myself when it arrives tomorrow night and could send you a referral link 😆

Thanks but working with a friend from work. Think we'll all be in the referral business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

I've a few referrals - PM me if anyone needs one. We need to be friends on FB to send/accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I forgot how long the campaign was in RE4. 13hrs in and only hitting the last chapter now.

Just to confirm. I got my quest 2 today direct from Oculus. Linked it up to my facebook. Got the 80 euro credit from the black friday deal and a referral and I can now refer facebook friends myself in the app.

Im going to blow all the credit now on the black Friday deals in case it expires and put the headset away until Christmas.

You say that but you know you'll have to test it out, then "just one more go"/"5 more minutes" then it's time for work on Monday.

For sure. Pure torture knowing its sitting only a few feet away in the attic. I will definitely be sneaking it out when junior is out of the house.

It's amazing to use. I didn't get to play any games yet but just setting it up and defining the play area in my living room was unreal. Its worth every penny.

I'd say "Welcome to the Metaverse" but Zucc has officially fucc-ed that up now

Metaverse is the most cringe term Ive heard in a while.

Reminds me of Danny Murphy calling long passes "diags" and sayin defenders need to get "touch-tight" a few years back on match of the day. Was never gona fly.

Zuckerburger's probably up to no good as usual the rascal. Maybe if he gets everyone in the metaverse he wont have to pay fees to apple or he can consume some tech to harvest your thoughts through your eyeballs without any pesky oversight.

I'm happy enough to play some great hi res VR games for now. Put on the headset and not have to think about coronavirus every 5 seconds.

Metaverse is the term coined by Neal Stephenson in Snow Crash which had the original idea of the VR universe...which then inspired Ernest Cline to write Ready Player One. So I'm cool with the term given its pedigree, but the problem now is that most people will assume it was a term Facebook coined/own

Thats interesting. Every day is a school day. For some reason Ive always associated the term meta with a kind of pretentious self awareness.

Junior is going to a friend's house today. Ive read that Bigscreen will pick up any shared media on my plex server. Will be looking to give that a go.

• Advertisement

Ok, that was quick delivery. Order late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning, due for delivery on Tuesday but arrived a couple hours ago.

Even more surprising since was by UPS and I live in Donegal which they have a habit of delaying deliveries for due to being "rural", according to them.

Well, that's my evening sorted.

Advertisement