Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭brady12

buy resi evil 4 . it's class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭jj880

Free retro shooter. Like Rez Infinite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Has anyone played Keep talking and nobody explodes on Quest?

i want to play with a friend over VR, If both of us buy a copy can one access the manual in the game, while the other defuses the bomb?

So… Keep talking and nobody explodes works well if you join a party and one member of the party opens the app and the others use the oculus browser to view the manual to tell the player how to disarm the bomb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Got this today. No duty etc.

It's a game changer so comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭bullpost

Just finished Tales From the Galaxy’s Edge – Last Call. Its enjoyable without being too exciting but worth it if you have the original game. If you havent played it before and like Star Wars it makes buying it more compelling. I really enjoyed the original game but found the second part a bit pedestrian - was able to figure out most things pretty quickly and I'm no game player.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

How long is the gameplay? I got the vader immortal trilogy and whilst it's pretty good I'm not sure it's worth the money for what amounts to 45 minutes of game play.

I've also just completed Accounting + and it's quite fun too but it's miles too short.

Beats Saber is good but it's starting to lose its appeal to me but I might try modding it to get more longevity out of it.

Richies Plank Experience got old really fast.

My favourite at the moment is Hand Physics Lab.

Does anyone have recommendations for games that has a decent amount of offline gameplay length?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

RE4?

In Death has hours (years in my case!) of fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭bullpost

Second part is pretty short - a few hours at a push. Original game took much longer but I'd say if you are a seasoned gamer you could get through it pretty quickly. Appeal is more the immersion in Start Wars universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

Ark-Ade on app lab is down from 20 euro to 5 euro, and looks like a really good arcade style shooter with retrowave graphics.

Looks like it has a load of updates on the way also.

Played the free demo then bought it. You pick up a gun on an old arcade machine, it sucks you in and starts the game.

I really like the controls and the colours. Bargain at that price for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

What's the story with PCVR on the Oculus Quest 2? I have the Quest 2 and a link cable and have been messing around with some games from Steam. Some look good and some don't. The Lab and HL:Alyx look quite nice and smooth, and Walkabout Minigolf looks alright, but Dirt 2.0 has a bad jaggy/watery aliasing effect. It even makes menus hard to read. SteamVR home suffers from it a bit as well. Even the PC Oculus Home suffers from it, although that's nothing to do with Steam.

It's a bit confusing because you have about 3 layers of settings to go through to try and rectify it with Oculus settings, SteamVR settings and in-game settings. Dirt 2.0 offers the option to launch in Oculus or SteamVR mode, so maybe that at least cuts out at least one of those categories' effect on the game.

Applications native to the Q2 itself look perfectly fine.

This is really great and surprising. No teleporting. It generates a world based on how large you define your play area and you walk around in it.

Its kind of hard to explain but it's a very clever way of using floor space. You feel like you are in a far larger area travelling with lifts, stairs, spaceships and vehicles.

You dont need a lot of space either. I only cleared about 3m x 3m in my living room and it works really well. If you had a larger area I'd say it would feel even more realistic.

1 of my favourite VR games getting an 80s movie Labyrinth expansion pack - 36 new holes:

https://www.facebook.com/walkaboutminigolf/posts/295277296039601

See you all in the Bog Of Eternal Stench!

These are amazing. Really immersive Space station VR recordings. Some of them were pay to watch but theyve recently been changed to free. I would say start with the Spacewalk video. It's 10 minutes and really good. I'm moving on to the longer videos now. There is an option to cache the videos before watching if you want the highest quality visuals.

Post edited by jj880 on

I enjoyed the Free Solo documentary. Looks like similar climbs in VR.

I see 2 x 30 min episode of it currently available on Quest. Should be good.

• Advertisement

I actually get butterflies in my stomach playing The Climb 2.. I have no idea how they do it, but it's the only app that does that to me.

Ok last recommendation from me for the TV app. Micro Monsters with David Attenborough. There are 5 episodes and they are excellent.

No, no, feel free to keep recommending.

The forum has gone a bit dead. So it’s good seeing any activity on it. I’ve started a new job myself so I’ve had zero time to muck about on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭jacool

QQ - if hijacking thread tell me to jog on!

My son interested in the OQ2. Two questions

1. Is there any site showing where the best offers are ? and
    2. Does size matter? I see 128GB vs 256GB but no idea how big games might be. Thanks in advance. I know nothing!

if your looking to buy new, they don’t fluctuate in price. The best place to buy is directly from Oculus. You could probably pick one up cheaper 2nd hand if you wanted.

in regards to space. Games are getting bigger, but for for this generation of the Quest, you’d be okay with the reduced space. Depending on what you download and how much, you might have to remove some content before adding new stuff.

The medal of Honour game is about 12gb, a lot of people with the smaller size had issues with installing it, I think oculus may have even scrapped the 64GB version of Quest 2, but I definitely see space being an issue in the future. I think the future models will have a base of 256gb to allow developers to deliver better content without space restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Go for the larger size if you can afford it. While I was in my "sailing the high seas" period, I was able to see the size of the files that were available to download and while many older ones were averaging 2GB in size.. a lot of the newer ones are starting around the 4GB or more size.

I was able to fill up my 256GB, but it did admittedly involve installing 30 or so games.. so base it around that.

Also many games have DLC which again can use up space.

You can always delete older titles to free up space if you went for the 128GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Looking to purchase the bobo pro strap but can’t get it delivered to Ireland from Amazon anyone have any links to where I can purchase it from and have it delivered here. Thanks

• Advertisement

Just had a look on aliexpress - some great prices on all the bobovr gear (including the m2 pro) shipped from Germany:

EDIT: There are no reviews yet on this sales page and not many items shipped. The prices look almost too good to be true (everything is discounted by 50%) but who knows. Order at your own risk.

EDIT2: Page now gone - must have been a scam :(

Post edited by jj880 on

Advertisement