Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forget biker.ie

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

khaldrogo wrote: »
    HE is now living as a SHE nowadays by all accounts!!!

Jaysis. Hadn't got that far in my wonderment as to what the story was with Chopster.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CorkBlackbird

Whatever make them happy, life is short!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Rescued someone who jumped into the Boyne a few weeks ago too. Just hopped in, swam out, got them back to the shore. Fair dues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

hedzball wrote: »
    I found that pic of you "wheelying" the scooter the other day on my laptop got a good skit off it hahah

That scooter is still doing the rounds, it's somewhere in Tipperary now :D.

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Breezin

I used to be on it but I'm all right now. I joined many years ago but my registration lapsed and out of curiosity I actually begged to be let back in.

Got the Chop a few months back for having the timerity to mildly disagree with him. As one of his flunkies chimed in theatrically: 'Oooh, you don't mess with the Chop!' When you're invited to commit cyber suicide or else subject yourself to some weird mod ritual, it's hard not to press that big red button. :D

I thought the site was great for tech advice and for a bit of clever, entertaining banter now and again. Some very knowledgable, helpful and witty people there, but also, as observed by others, a more-than-average representation of morons, with a weird, cultish atmosphere, macho and subservient at the same time.

About when I 'left' there were people literally threatening to come around to each other's houses with guns. That seemed to be well within site rules.

Anthropologically fascinating, but life is too short.

Actually, I think it's a shame that there isn't an active dedicated motorcycle forum in Ireland. Not a fan of boards, tbh, but what's the alternative? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Breezin wrote: »
    I used to be on it but I'm all right now. I joined many years ago but my registration lapsed and out of curiosity I actually begged to be let back in.

Actually, I think it's a shame that there isn't an active dedicated motorcycle forum in Ireland. Not a fan of boards, tbh, but what's the alternative? :eek:

I tried to get back in but cannot get my registration validated unless recommended by a current Biker.ie member. I wanted to link up with fellow motorcycle travelers especially planning for European trips.

Boards is not substitute for a proper biker forum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Agent_47 wrote: »
    I tried to get back in but cannot get my registration validated unless recommended by a current Biker.ie member. I wanted to link up with fellow motorcycle travelers especially planning for European trips.

Boards is not substitute for a proper biker forum

Head over to the HUBB, its going a long time.
    https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Head over to the HUBB, its going a long time.
    https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/

Cheers, thanks for the link, will do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

That just seems too weird. Never met him, but before my account was deleted at some unknown point (same name and age as this, logged in intermittently, maybe once a month after I stopped posting there), he didn't come across as someone likely to troon out. They obviously don't want anyone in their secret club. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

Biker.ie Post:- Self Centered Fook Seeks Online Ego Massage

Their out for this guy's blood.....it's getting very nasty! Didn't think you can away this, these day's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

MikeOis wrote: »
    Biker.ie Post:- Self Centered Fook Seeks Online Ego Massage

Their out for this guy's blood.....it's getting very nasty! Didn't think you can away this, these day's!

I can see that's a topic there at the moment, although I can't see beyond the preview.
    What's it all about?

I can see that's a topic there at the moment, although I can't see beyond the preview.
    What's it all about?

Same thing here.

Biker. Ie is an exclusive club, I cannot get a registration with the site and the administrator email is no lounger valid.

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Same thing here.

Biker. Ie is an exclusive club, I cannot get a registration with the site and the administrator email is no lounger valid.

He also closed both my accounts.
    Its a cesspool of site !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

My account closed too, Not a big loss.

:rolleyes:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Same, it's gone, not surprised: I haven't posted in years, pity, once upon a time it was great.

Advertisement