Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

MfMan wrote: »
    How's about Mayo ceding home advantage for the final, (no real advantage anyway as most of youse live in Galway), and moving the game to Croker and allow 8K to attend?

We will be in crocker soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭spakman

MfMan wrote: »
    How's about Mayo ceding home advantage for the final, (no real advantage anyway as most of youse live in Galway), and moving the game to Croker and allow 8K to attend?

What's a "youse"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭MfMan

spakman wrote: »
    What's a "youse"?

A collective word for Mayo economic migrants :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

naughto wrote:
    We will be in crocker soon enough.

Is your minor team that strong?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Club got 8 tickets for Sunday to be raffled amongst members
    Zero craic to be had going alone without normal companions :(

• Advertisement

They are out early . Giddy after a rip roaring win against the Rossies .......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

km79 wrote: »
    Club got 8 tickets for Sunday to be raffled amongst members
    Zero craic to be had going alone without normal companions :(

Good to hear they got some tickets and doing a raffle though. I've contacted the club in Kerry and they haven't got word about tickets yet.

You're right, it won't be the same going alone if I get a ticket but I'll take it given the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

So croker? Seems a it mad in this Covid world to be dragging people across the country. Not expecting anywhere near 18k in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I don't think it's a bad idea.

Firstly there's plenty of Dublin based fans of both teams that will find it easy to attend.

Secondly dragging people across the country in this Covid world is not the big deal it was in previous months. Plus people will largely stick to themselves, go to and from the match, it's not going to be like an All Ireland weekend or anything.

Thirdly, Castlebar is not going to lose out much. It's not as if it was going to be like a traditional Connacht final Sunday with 3k and a lot of businesses still closed or only half open.

Finally, Mayo are not great at home and more of their players, even the new guys would have more experience in CP than the Galway crowd

I assume we hold home advantage if we face Galway next year ?

It’s a decision I don’t agree with for a number of reasons but it’s made so just have to get on with it. Hopefully be able to get tickets for the 3 of us. Assuming the kids tickets will be full price too!

Croker will suit us attacking wise but we are wide open at the back .......and sure don’t the Galway forwards always “come alive at Croke Park” ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Yes, it has been confirmed that Castlebar will host the next Mayo - Galway championship match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

Any idea when the tickets will come on sale? I assume it will be through ticketmaster?

Great win by the U20's during the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yip it'll be ticketmaster.

Likely the latter half of next week.

Great win for the under 20s.

The stream was excellent.

Roscommon stand in their way next Wednesday.

Great to be back posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm still on the fence regarding the change of venue.

At least it will give a few lads another experience of playing in Croke Park which should suit them for the Semi-final and Final.🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Not going and alot I no are not either it's a disgrace the money grabbing bas1tards.

It's a professional game run on amateur money.

Covid numbers through the roof and they want to bring two connaught teams to the big smoke just to make sure everyone gets it.

I sapose the connaught council have to claim there expenses some how cant have them paying there own way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’d have to agree that croke park should suit us, we’re the fitter, more conditioned outfit with a lot more experience of playing there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I totally agree with your comment but because i am not from the county it not for me to say in this instance.

If all the tickets are sold i suppose decision justified. I also do not agree that playing in Croke Park is a success in itself.

I would rather have a Junior club medal than play in Croker and lose.

I had a major discussion with gaa county delegate about this some years whe gaa brought Limerick/Clare and Waterford/Cork to HQ for as double header...

He got thick....

it be interesting to see if it works...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

Its a divisive decision, but its a road well travelled by us, and the bottom line is we get to go in person! I'm delighted with it myself and will happily travel that road again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I dont see it as a money grabbing exercise and even so the GAA have ben starved of gate receipts for 16 months. Isnt there a minimum crowd that Croke Park need to break even if they open? And id imagine with the covid stuff, there will be even greater expenses incurred. I wont be going myself and would prefer Catslebar as i think id have got a ticket but if it means 18k can attend then im all for it. Beer garden in the sun in front of a big screen for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Any idea if tickets might go on general sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The Mayo News Podcast was very good this week.

Certainly an awful lot of negativity around the change of venue.

There's quite a lot of people who will not be heading up.However there's lots of Mayo exiles in Dublin.

Is there the same level of outrage amongst some supporters in Galway?

The players will be delighted to be playing in Croker and I personally love heading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I was surprised how much the players hate the surface in McHale Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭HBC08

Aiden Henry on the ball as usual....

No price,no time of when they go on sale, no mention of how many go on general sale.

Personally I'm happy to travel to Croker,Mayo fans used to travel to croke park at the drop of a hat .....and then travel back 6 days later for the replay!

It's an usual one but let's get behind the lads and win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭spakman

I think people are so long without going to matches, that they're questioning why they'd bother travelling all the way up to Dublin in a pandemic for a match.

The FOMO isn't really there anymore - you can't sit with your usual gang, you probably won't be meeting up with people you haven't seen in ages, u can't really go for pints afterwards.

35 euro a ticket

No concessions

greed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭HBC08

It's a sh1tty move.Ill still be going if I get a ticket but surely somebody with a bit of sense can explain to the GAA than this short term greed will cost them in the medium to long term, its just dumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭neiphin

How much are the tickets for a Connacht final usually?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement